best browser?

What is the best browser for each OS for working with this site?

I have different problems with chat and read depending on the OS and browser I'm using.

Chat is difficult on both the iPhone and android table.

Is it me or the equipment?

Any help would be welcomed.

This topic was edited
RE: best browser?

For what it's worth, chat doesn't work for me. I posted about this in another thread. I'm using Firefox on Ubunutu Linux. I just get "Connection failed" messages when I try to load the chat page.
I was thinking about trying a different browser/OS combination to see if that makes any difference, but to be honest I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

This post was edited

Chat requires Flash, so it won't work at all on an iPhone or iPad, and won't work on newer Android phones/tablets (4.1 and up). With Ubuntu, you have to enable closed-source packages and install flash to work with Firefox... Flash won't be installed by default. Chrome has its own embedded Flash so you can try that if you don't want to fully install Flash, but Ubuntu defaults to installing Chromium (the open-source version of Chrome) which may not have the built in Flash.

This post was edited

I can use chat on here on my 4.1 android tablet if I stay in mobile mode. If I try to access chat in desktop mode it won't work and tells me that I don't have flash loaded.However when I do use chat on here its very lame and its hard if not impossible to use many additional chat creatures.

This post was edited

I've loaded dolphin and puffin on my Android phone, both work reasonably well. Typical kindle browsers didn't work either. I side landed Dolphin which works, mostly.
But yes, flash is the problem.
Another typical issue is CAM from a mobile device. Most android devices will not allow a browser to operate with the camera. It's a designed deficiency. Skype and other communication software bridge the gap, but none of the browsers have it coded... at least that I've found.

This post was edited

I've read with interest the posts in this thread and I'm confused. It's been claimed that Flash is required to use the chat room and because Apple products don't support Flash that people using iPhones and iPads can't use the chat room. Ok, then how do you explain that I'm able to use the chat room with my iPad?

This post was edited

Ok, then how do you explain that I'm able to use the chat room with my iPad?
What app on your iPad are you using to access the chat room?

This post was edited

I use Safari

This post was edited

Just straight up Firefox here.....zero problems from a laptop

This post was edited

When I click on #1 I get:Sorry, your Apple mobile device does not support Flash Player.
And #5 shows nothing.
What are you trying to figure out?

This post was edited

Just straight up Firefox here.....zero problems from a laptopLaptops are a completely different animal. Phones and small tablets use an android variant (except Apple) and not a full operating system.

This post was edited