sexuality

At the risk of being screamed down, I was wondering what others is this christian nudist group consider to be appropriate view to have regarding sexual preference. As the years pass and I have somehow become more understanding I feel that I have less understanding of the absolute attitudeto sexuality. I feel that society is fooling itself when it suggests that an individual should be defined as heterosexual or homosexual and judging people accordingly. It makes as much sense as being judgemental about food preferences. physically every one of us is capable of having sex with anyone or anything. Looking at that simply as human beings then every one of us is physically capable of having sex with any other human being whether that be of the same or opposite sex. for that reason it seems strange to ne that the term used is sexual preference and the so often taken as as an absolute forgetting it is simply an expression of preference.Surely it is not unreasonable to suggest that our preference is a product of time, opportunity, environment and interaction with another individual. I have come to understand so much better personally that the stronger a persons relationship has been with a lover of the opposite sex the harder it would be to enter another relationship if that soulmate passed away. I no longer find it at all surprising that a widower whose sexual orefernce has been for one female over much if a lifetime would logically find it more comfortable to be in the company of another male. If I am honest with myself I realise that could well be me in similar situation.
as christian nudists we are taught to be accepting and understanding. Shouldn't we be accepting that humans are male or female and not pidgeonhold fellow humans as straight ir gay.

This topic was edited
RE: sexuality

That is a very divisive topic, that has divided some Christian
denominations and threatens to divide other denominations.
The Bible is very clear on that topic. For some time, I
have wondered does it say in the Bible anywhere, "Thou shalt not
discriminate?"

This post was edited

That is a very divisive topic, that has divided some Christiandenominations and threatens to divide other denominations.The Bible is very clear on that topic. For some time, Ihave wondered does it say in the Bible anywhere, "Thou shalt notdiscriminate?"The Bible is full of passages against discrimination. Among the most clear:
Micah 6:8: What does the Lord require? Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God.
Mark 12:28: You shall love your neighbor as you love yourself.
John 13:34: Love your neighbor as i have loved you.

This post was edited

At the risk of being screamed down, I was wondering what others is this christian nudist group consider to be appropriate view to have regarding sexual preference. As the years pass and I have somehow become more understanding I feel that I have less understanding of the absolute attitudeto sexuality. I feel that society is fooling itself when it suggests that an individual should be defined as heterosexual or homosexual and judging people accordingly. It makes as much sense as being judgemental about food preferences. physically every one of us is capable of having sex with anyone or anything. Looking at that simply as human beings then every one of us is physically capable of having sex with any other human being whether that be of the same or opposite sex. for that reason it seems strange to ne that the term used is sexual preference and the so often taken as as an absolute forgetting it is simply an expression of preference.Surely it is not unreasonable to suggest that our preference is a product of time, opportunity, environment and interaction with another individual. I have come to understand so much better personally that the stronger a persons relationship has been with a lover of the opposite sex the harder it would be to enter another relationship if that soulmate passed away. I no longer find it at all surprising that a widower whose sexual orefernce has been for one female over much if a lifetime would logically find it more comfortable to be in the company of another male. If I am honest with myself I realise that could well be me in similar situation.as christian nudists we are taught to be accepting and understanding. Shouldn't we be accepting that humans are male or female and not pidgeonhold fellow humans as straight ir gay.Following God's designed plan for our lives is not discrimination. He did not make people homosexual, despite what the gay community wants us to accept. That is a consequence of social change and attitudes that are not his. Just because he doesn't shoot people down for going against his plan with lightning bolts doesn't automatically say that he approves of their lifestyle and actions. I have never heard of a thief being hit by a lightning bolt or a rapist.

This post was edited

I am not so convinced this is a tough topic, even though volumes have been and will be written about it to justify one side and the other. I went so far as to ask a couple of my "open" friends here on TN a few weeks ago what their take the subject was. Here was my dilemma - They seem to love the Lord, believe the Bible and are homosexual or bisexual. I think that would be an honest assessment of their position. My question to these two intelligent men, who can read and think logically, was how do they justify the lifestyle based purely on what the Bible says about it. There are of course a multitude of other source of thought on the subject, but that does not seem to figure into the debate, as everything that we believe as Christians is or should be founded first upon God's Word. I don't really think the whole "God is love and totally kind and accepting of all" rhetoric flies, else there would really have been no need then for him to send Jesus to die on a horrible cross and to become SIN for us. There is still sin, and God still discriminates against sinners that choose not to accept His forgiveness offer through His Son, Jesus Christ. The only thing that remains is what does the Bible say about homosexuality - is it a sin, or not?
I am not even talking about homosexual tendencies or feelings. I am willing to concede that these can be very real. Denying that would be like saying that lying is not real. Of course lying is a real temptation. Is it a sin to be tempted to lie? NO. If homosexual acts are defined in the Bible as a sin, then it is still not a sin to have feel homosexual yearnings. But does the Bible say that it is a sin to engage in them? I think that is the question, and that is what you need to open your Bible and read up on. I am not talking the obscure passages that might indicate that it is wrong or scriptures that can be twisted to make it right (David/Johnathon. Jesus/John). I'm talk blunt passages like Romans 1 and Leviticus 18, 20. And don't try going with that "Old Testament don't matter" stuff. God doesn't change and His precepts remain the same.
I'm just saying, The Bible has to be our guide, not what "seems" right to us. See what it says on any subject.

This post was edited

The Bible is very clear on the topic of homosexuality. It isn't just one scripture. Time and again, the Bible speaks against homosexuality.

This post was edited

I agree with Archery Buff. From what scripture says, sexual ACTS (not temptation as AB pointed out) is permissible only with one's self (by way of masturbation), and with a spouse of the opposite gender. And changing genders does not apply, because Bruce Jenner can change his appearance all he wants, but his DNA still says he is a male.
Don

This post was edited

In the United Methodist denomination, there is open mutiny. The Discipline (the rule book of the denomination) says that any clergy who officiates at a same sex wedding is out, and also practicing homosexuals cannot be ordained as clergy. But around New York City, some clergy have signed a document that declares their willingness to disobey The Discipline and officiate at a same sex wedding. Also within the denomination, there is an unofficial organization called Reconciling Ministries that promotes the gay agenda.

This post was edited

There is a lot of confusion here between the fundamental tenants of
Christianity and modern American "conservative
christianity". They are not the same. It is
important to understand that "Conservative Christians" do not speak
for all Christians and they do not speak for Christianity
itself. They are not the arbiters of the tenants of the
faith (in other words theirs is not the settled word on what Christianity is or what constitutes Christian belief and behaviour) and contrary to what they will tell you, theirs is not the
brand of Christianity that has been practiced since the time of
Christ. They would like you to think that their current
beliefs represent all Christianity for all time. This
is not the case. Any attempt to justify injustice
(discrimination) is false teaching.

This post was edited

In my curiosity as to whether there is any "Thou shalt not discriminate", I did a computer Bible word search for the word "discriminate." That turned up one scripture, but that scripture is interesting. James 2:4 Have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

This post was edited

In my curiosity as to whether there is any "Thou shalt not discriminate", I did a computer Bible word search for the word "discriminate." That turned up one scripture, but that scripture is interesting. James 2:4 Have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?Don't get too hung up on specific English words. They are of course translations. And in the case of the English word "discriminate," it has two very different meanings.
One meaning is to make distinctions between and/or choose wisely: He's a discriminating buyer.
The other meaning is to treat an individual or group of people unjustly or with prejudice: This policy discriminates against women.
I'd have to look at the original language to see if the word "discriminate" is the best word for the James passage.
The second kind of discrimination, the kind that is unjust, is clearly a sin. I have already cited verses in evidence of this.

This post was edited