RE: sexuality

It seems to me, perhaps I am too new at this, that since this question was asked in the Christian Naturist group, that the original intent was to obtain the Christian view of the question. It is perplexing to me then how calling on the Bible as our source for answers would generate the responses we see. Perhaps, if we are going to throw out what the Bible says on a subject, we should ask the question, or maybe only respond to question, in maybe the Everything's Cool Naturist group instead. Here are a couple of commonly known verses for general use. I will not quote them chapter and verses less I appear Holier than Thou (when all I really know how to do is use Bible Gateway and copy and paste). Be ye Holy, for I am Holy. (pardon the King James, but you get the idea.) Or how about this one:
2 Timothy 2:15 [Full Chapter]
Work hard so God can say to you, Well
done. Be a good workman, one who does not need to be ashamed when God
examines your work. Know what his Word says and means.(Oops, cheated and copied to get the Living Bible paraphrase) You can even click the link to get it in context.
Here's one that proponents of Holier than Thou love: "Why do you strain to get the mote out of your brother's eye, when there is a beam in your own eye. ArcheryBuff's paraphrase. Yep, but the final point that Jesus made here was that both the beam and the mote were bad. Sure, Help get the big sin out of your life (Discrimination) and THEN help get the little sin (questionable sexuality) out of your brother's eye.

This post was edited

Rats! TN destroyed my cool embedded link.

This post was edited

When in church, I tend to be distracted by a woman wearing tight slacks that reveal her crack.

This post was edited

Well CGN-25 sailor, I too was stationed in San Diego (although on DDG-12), a detail that I am sure we will get to when I get over to your place or you make it to mine,
I think your story was as pertinent as can be, on the discriminating issue anyway. We are indeed call to catch "fish," not clean them. I'd say you and D were two unusually exemplary young sailors for noticing such a small Christian dress code violation - and in San Diego no less.
Did you make it out to Blacks Beach when you were there? Very near my Navy home church in La Jolla. Good times indeed.

This post was edited

One would have to question if society is really concerned about discrimination.
What you really are getting taught is "i am OK, You are OK" And if we both think that way all is good
But sin is still sin. God seems to be pretty clear on a number of those sin things. And just 'cause society says thing like greed and mind altering drugs and homosexuality are "OK", it doesn't change it from being sin.
Start with God's thoughts and work toward society. Don't start with society and try to fit it into God

This post was edited

One would have to question if society is really concerned about discrimination.What you really are getting taught is "i am OK, You are OK" And if we both think that way all is goodBut sin is still sin. God seems to be pretty clear on a number of those sin things. And just 'cause society says thing like greed and mind altering drugs and homosexuality are "OK", it doesn't change it from being sin.Start with God's thoughts and work toward society. Don't start with society and try to fit it into GodThere's a distinct difference between "I'm ok, you're ok" and discrimination. One is about self esteem. The other is about equality under the law and justice. When two people are not treated equal under the law, that's injustice and that's discrimination. Whether you personally think one of them is a sinner is irrelevant.
Your claim that "homosexuality is a sin" is your opinion/interpretation and that's all. The New Testament is silent on the issue of homosexuality. So if we're going to take your advice and and start with the Bible then we need to also be silent on the issue like the Bible is. There are millions of gay Christians also millions of heterosexual Christians so do not believe as you do.

This post was edited

I take issue with the statement that The New Testament is silent on the issue of homosexuality. Read Romans 1, that speaks strongly against homosexuality. Also read 1 Corinthians 6:9.

This post was edited

That is a very divisive topic, that has divided some Christiandenominations and threatens to divide other denominations.The Bible is very clear on that topic. For some time, Ihave wondered does it say in the Bible anywhere, "Thou shalt notdiscriminate?"The Bible is full of passages against discrimination. Among the most clear:
Micah 6:8: What does the Lord require? Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God.
Mark 12:28: You shall love your neighbor as you love yourself.
John 13:34: Love your neighbor as i have loved you.

Those are not talking about sexual "Love". We are to love everyone but not the sin. The Bible is clear on that one, Homosexuallity is a sin. Men and women are plumbed differently for a reason.

This post was edited

At the risk of being screamed down, I was wondering what others is this christian nudist group consider to be appropriate view to have regarding sexual preference. As the years pass and I have somehow become more understanding I feel that I have less understanding of the absolute attitudeto sexuality. I feel that society is fooling itself when it suggests that an individual should be defined as heterosexual or homosexual and judging people accordingly. It makes as much sense as being judgemental about food preferences. physically every one of us is capable of having sex with anyone or anything. Looking at that simply as human beings then every one of us is physically capable of having sex with any other human being whether that be of the same or opposite sex. for that reason it seems strange to ne that the term used is sexual preference and the so often taken as as an absolute forgetting it is simply an expression of preference.Surely it is not unreasonable to suggest that our preference is a product of time, opportunity, environment and interaction with another individual. I have come to understand so much better personally that the stronger a persons relationship has been with a lover of the opposite sex the harder it would be to enter another relationship if that soulmate passed away. I no longer find it at all surprising that a widower whose sexual orefernce has been for one female over much if a lifetime would logically find it more comfortable to be in the company of another male. If I am honest with myself I realise that could well be me in similar situation.as christian nudists we are taught to be accepting and understanding. Shouldn't we be accepting that humans are male or female and not pidgeonhold fellow humans as straight ir gay.Following God's designed plan for our lives is not discrimination. He did not make people homosexual, despite what the gay community wants us to accept. That is a consequence of social change and attitudes that are not his. Just because he doesn't shoot people down for going against his plan with lightning bolts doesn't automatically say that he approves of their lifestyle and actions. I have never heard of a thief being hit by a lightning bolt or a rapist.

This post was edited

At the risk of being screamed down, I was wondering what others is this christian nudist group consider to be appropriate view to have regarding sexual preference. As the years pass and I have somehow become more understanding I feel that I have less understanding of the absolute attitudeto sexuality. I feel that society is fooling itself when it suggests that an individual should be defined as heterosexual or homosexual and judging people accordingly. It makes as much sense as being judgemental about food preferences. physically every one of us is capable of having sex with anyone or anything. Looking at that simply as human beings then every one of us is physically capable of having sex with any other human being whether that be of the same or opposite sex. for that reason it seems strange to ne that the term used is sexual preference and the so often taken as as an absolute forgetting it is simply an expression of preference.Surely it is not unreasonable to suggest that our preference is a product of time, opportunity, environment and interaction with another individual. I have come to understand so much better personally that the stronger a persons relationship has been with a lover of the opposite sex the harder it would be to enter another relationship if that soulmate passed away. I no longer find it at all surprising that a widower whose sexual orefernce has been for one female over much if a lifetime would logically find it more comfortable to be in the company of another male. If I am honest with myself I realise that could well be me in similar situation.as christian nudists we are taught to be accepting and understanding. Shouldn't we be accepting that humans are male or female and not pidgeonhold fellow humans as straight ir gay.Following God's designed plan for our lives is not discrimination. He did not make people homosexual, despite what the gay community wants us to accept. That is a consequence of social change and attitudes that are not his. Just because he doesn't shoot people down for going against his plan with lightning bolts doesn't automatically say that he approves of their lifestyle and actions. I have never heard of a thief being hit by a lightning bolt or a rapist.
well said

This post was edited