RE: sexuality

One would have to question if society is really concerned about discrimination.What you really are getting taught is "i am OK, You are OK" And if we both think that way all is goodBut sin is still sin. God seems to be pretty clear on a number of those sin things. And just 'cause society says thing like greed and mind altering drugs and homosexuality are "OK", it doesn't change it from being sin.Start with God's thoughts and work toward society. Don't start with society and try to fit it into GodVery well said.

This post was edited

I take issue with the statement that The New Testament is silent on the issue of homosexuality. Read Romans 1, that speaks strongly against homosexuality. Also read 1 Corinthians 6:9.Neither of those passages refer specifically to homosexuality. If you see that word showing up in an English translation, here or anywhere else in the NT, it is not a translation, it is an interpretation.
If you would like, I can explain these passages in the context of the original Greek and culture/historical era in which they were written, but my previous comments were more directed at the issue of discrimination, whether it is a sin or not, and what it is specifically.
One is certainly free to read the Bible or any religious text as they see fit and they are free to draw their own assumptions and form their own opinions about what is right or wrong, sin or not sin, but what one may not do is legally discriminate based on whether or not they think someone is a sinner. Fundamentally, any discrimination against another person based on whether or not they are a sinner is hypocrisy, since by Christian definition we are all sinners and therefore none of us wold have any legal, constitutional, or human rights.

This post was edited

That is a very divisive topic, that has divided someChristian denominations and threatens to divide otherdenominations. The Bible is very clear on that topic.For some time, I have wondered does it say in the Bibleanywhere, "Thou shalt not discriminate?"
The Bible is full of passages against discrimination. Among
the most clear:
Micah 6:8: What does the Lord require? Act justly, love
mercy, walk humbly with your God.
Mark 12:28: You shall love your neighbor as you love yourself.
John 13:34: Love your neighbor as i have loved you.

Those are not talking about sexual "Love". We are to love everyone
but not the sin. The Bible is clear on that one, Homosexuallity is
a sin. Men and women are plumbed differently for a
reason.

I never said they were talking about love. The question was
whether or not discrimination against another person was a
sin. These verses suggest it is.

Your statement that homosexuality is a sin might be settled in your
mind but it is not the consensus among Christians. You should
not speak as if it is an absolute and unquestionable tenant of Christianity. It is not. It is your opinion or
belief. You should not force that on everyone.

This post was edited

Following God's designed plan for our lives is not discrimination. He did not make people homosexual, despite what the gay community wants us to accept. That is a consequence of social change and attitudes that are not his. Just because he doesn't shoot people down for going against his plan with lightning bolts doesn't automatically say that he approves of their lifestyle and actions. I have never heard of a thief being hit by a lightning bolt or a rapist.

If you are commiting or approving of behaviour that is discrimination you are not following God's designed plan. You can not justify discrimination in this way.
You have no Biblical proof for your claim that God does not create people with a homosexual orientation. There's simply no Biblical evidence to support that claim.
Do you know what the "gay community" wants you to accept? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The gay community doesn't care one bit what you think of them. They're not interested in making you "like" them. What the LGBT community has been working for for decades is the assurance that they will be treated equally under the law with the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else in the country.
One who insists that members of the LGBT community be denied basic rights and responsibilities or that they should be treated un-equally under the law, is discriminating, working for injustice. This can not be defended Biblically regardless of whether you think homosexuality is a sin or not.

This post was edited

The gay community doesn't care one bit what you think of them. They're not interested in making you "like" them. What the LGBT community has been working for for decades is the assurance that they will be treated equally under the law with the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else in the country.
One who insists that members of the LGBT community be denied basic rights and responsibilities or that they should be treated un-equally under the law, is discriminating, working for injustice. This can not be defended Biblically regardless of whether you think homosexuality is a sin or not.
If the LGBT community doesn't care what we think of them why do they bring high profile prosecutions against Christians who don't want to compromise their beliefs or try to force churches to perform religious marriage ceremonies? Who is the one discriminating?

This post was edited

At the risk of being screamed down, I was wondering what others is this christian nudist group consider to be appropriate view to have regarding sexual preference. As the years pass and I have somehow become more understanding I feel that I have less understanding of the absolute attitudeto sexuality. I feel that society is fooling itself when it suggests that an individual should be defined as heterosexual or homosexual and judging people accordingly. It makes as much sense as being judgemental about food preferences. physically every one of us is capable of having sex with anyone or anything. Looking at that simply as human beings then every one of us is physically capable of having sex with any other human being whether that be of the same or opposite sex. for that reason it seems strange to ne that the term used is sexual preference and the so often taken as as an absolute forgetting it is simply an expression of preference.Surely it is not unreasonable to suggest that our preference is a product of time, opportunity, environment and interaction with another individual. I have come to understand so much better personally that the stronger a persons relationship has been with a lover of the opposite sex the harder it would be to enter another relationship if that soulmate passed away. I no longer find it at all surprising that a widower whose sexual orefernce has been for one female over much if a lifetime would logically find it more comfortable to be in the company of another male. If I am honest with myself I realise that could well be me in similar situation.as christian nudists we are taught to be accepting and understanding. Shouldn't we be accepting that humans are male or female and not pidgeonhold fellow humans as straight ir gay.AussieDain, I think we may owe you an apology as it seems that many of us have chosen to use your original question as a platform to stand on and shout our memorized propaganda without taking the time to see where you are actually coming from. We may be assuming some things.
1. Are you a Christian? We like to pretend that everyone that belongs to the "Christian Nudists" group is, but that is no more true than that everyone who attends my church is. We have all met many that think because they live in a "Christian" nation, or go to church, they are a Christian. That is not the "Christian" that I am asking about, and this might be the first step in determining how to answer your query. If you are not sure about your personal relationship to Jesus Christ, I would love to share with you back channel what I mean by this.
2. Next i would think would be do you believe that the whole Bible is the inspired word of God, it is infallible and is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. If so, answering your question based on what the Bible says, as each of us interpret it, would be appropriate. If not, then we should just all offer our opinion and go on as in any lively discussion.
3. Lastly, do you really want an informed answer. or are you just looking for justification and someone to agree with something that you have already made up your mind is right. It is the difference between fellow Christian caring about you as an individual brother in Christ and using you as an opportunity to blow hot air.

This post was edited

The gay community doesn't care one bit what you think of them. They're not interested in making you "like" them. What the LGBT community has been working for for decades is the assurance that they will be treated equally under the law with the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else in the country.
If the LGBT community doesn't care what we think of them why do they bring high profile prosecutions against Christians who don't want to compromise their beliefs or try to force churches to perform religious marriage ceremonies? Who is the one discriminating?
No one is doing that. Not a single law suit has been brought against a church for refusing to marry a same sex couple. And who's the one discriminating? What does the Bible say about bearing false witness?

This post was edited

A discrimination suit was filed against not a church, but against a Methodist camp meeting association. That is Ocean Grove, in New Jersey, next to Asbury Park. A lesbian couple wanted their wedding to be in The Pavilion, which is on the boardwalk, with a beautiful ocean view. The couple sued after their request for a wedding in The Pavilion was rejected. The neighboring town, Asbury Park, is a bastion for gay activity.

This post was edited

Well discrimination of that kind is arguably illegal and the courts will sort it out. That's one of the things courts are there for. This still has nothing to do with the false claim that members of the LGBT community are trying to force people to "like" them. What they're trying to do is get equal treatment under the law.

This post was edited

There is a fundamental principle here. We have to understand what God is for, not only what he is against. The scriptures underscore the fundamental importance of marriage, because it is fundamentally important to the existence of human society

This post was edited