how many bicycle and type do you own

how many bicycles do you own ? any favorites ?... my favorite bike is my oldest a schwinn world black in color that i purchased new in 1976 don't ride it much but its my classic, i also have what i call my clown bike its one of those fold up bikes with the small tires and the seat that raises and the handlebars fold up and down haven't tried but would probably fit into a small bag. one year i took it with me to apollo (nude) beach glad i did when i got there parking lot was full and had to park at other lot so i got my clown bike out and pedaled down the road. my most used lately is a huffy beach type bike from wally world black in colorwith big whitewalls and chrome fenders i cut and modified them so they made it kinda hotrod looking and put a bottle holder and bookrack on it now i need a small beach town to move to so i can pedal everywhere. only dislike it's a one speed and would like to convert it to a 5 speed but would probably be cheaper to just buy another bike. future bike maybe a mountain bike but maybe a old classic like a raliegh or columbia...

This topic was edited
RE: how many bicycle and type do you own

At last count, I have about 22 bikes, the majority of which are vintage English 3 speeds, quite a few are in line for complete restorations. I started working on bikes several years ago and I luckily have a private "courtyard" adjacent to my garagewhere I can work on them while in the nude. This is where my profile picture was taken.
My favorite bike is a semi-gloss black 70's Raleigh Sports that I built from scratch. I have a picture posted on this web site; check it out. I have 6 Raleigh Sports, a '68 Robin Hood 3 speed, a '75 Raleigh Sprite 5 speed, 2 '70 Raleigh Twenty 3 speed folding bikes, a '70 German 3 speed, 2 mid '70's Ragleigh Grand Prix road bikes, 2 early 70's French Peugeot 10 speeds, a '77 French Motobecane Super Mirage 10 speed, an 80's Giant 12 speed road bikeplus a few more vintage bikes. My newest bike, 3 years old, is a Trek 3700 aluminum frame mountain bike. I ride this one more than my vintage bikes mainly because it's quite a bit lighter than the steel frame bikes and is built to take off road riding. Needless to say, my garage and office are pretty well full.

This post was edited

I have a mountain bike but just this week bought a hybrid that is just AWSOME I ride on the roads and trails equally well.
I must say the Fuji Sunfire 1.0 is the bomb a little pricey but I am worth it.

This post was edited

what is a hybrid mountain bike ? does it run on something other than pedal power

This post was edited

ha ha
really the only difference between a hybrid and a mountain bike are the tires on it.
the hybrid does not have knobby tires but more like road tires.

This post was edited

mookytx i finally got to the store and found one on display , i can't see riding one on rough bike trail as the tire don't look as though they would grip. i'm still looking for a inexpensive bike that is more versitle than the three bikes i have, something that is at least 5-7 speeds with tires for the road or trail maybe the hybrid will work need to investigate further.

This post was edited

looking for another mountain bike sold the last one for $15. yes that was stupid, maybe i can find some off the beaten path trails to ride.

This post was edited
RE: How many bicycles do you own?

smoothtanned welcome to the group if you can try and post a pic of your Raleigh here so we can see

This post was edited
2 bikes

I've got 2 bikes, a Trek Pilot and a Fisher Tiburon. The Pilot is a road-only bike, the Tib is a hybrid, which I use on unpaved trails.

This post was edited
new mountain bike

bought a new mongoose spear mountain bike the other day wanted a mongoose snare but to many $$ the spear was $ and had 21 sp. a front disk brake and a great suspension wish i could have found more reviews on it. i plan to get onto the bike paths and do some off road biking to get some exercise when it gets a little cooler may even try it nude if i find some remote areas, one great thing there are a lot of trails close by so we shall see. i hope the bike holds up as bikes are so mass produced nowdays but this one has some good compodents.

This post was edited
RE: how many bikes?

i saw a mongoose 29er at the store the other day and am tempted to buy one it has disk brakes and the twist shift, it is a dull grey/green color that would blend into the bush if i pedaled out into the wood, heck if i was nude and camoflaged myself i could probably pedal by someone and they probably wouldn't even see me. well i'll have to see my garage is kinda full of bikes, scooters, car and other toys. guess i could hang it from the ceiling like a few others i have ...

This post was edited