RE: how many bicycle and type do you own

Presently I have 3: One hard-tail mountain bike, one full-sus mountain bike and one road bike. My newest and best'est is my Cannondale Scalpel 3. Like riding a cadillac, smooth and unflappable. No modifications, it's straight out-of-the-box. Yes, it was a bit pricy, but I told the wife that it was cheaper than treating a heart condition! Next is my Rocky Mountain hard-tail. It's a mix of my old Cannondale and newer bits. Light as anything and has a lefty front fork. She's done some high milage and is feeling her age, but I just can't bare (excuse the pun!) to get rid of her. Lastly and least'ly is my Scot road bike: boring, in bits and slowly being sold off! Sorry to all you roadies, but it's not my cup of tea.
Post Script addition: my new Cannondale is out of action, the freewheel in the rear hub has gone (funnily enough, that happened to my 2003 Scalpel 3 shortly after buying it too. Anyone know if this is a Cannondale thing?)
Post-post script addition: it wasn't my rear hub, it was a wonky chain causing the problem. Fixed now and she's going like a dream through all the rough stuff :)

This post was edited

thorny nice collection, reminds me i need to get pedaling !

This post was edited

thorny nice collection, reminds me i need to get pedaling !
Thanks gabare. Just read your post in the Nude Mountain Bikers group. Looks like you've got a nice bike already, but the $2000+ bike is worth it if you like the sport. I've found that having an expensive bike nags at me if I don't get my money's woth out of it, even in not-so-nice weather I find that nagging gets me out there. There's also something to be said for the better ride a more costly bike gives = another reason to ride it more. If justifying such an expensive purchase to the wife is an issue, try saying what I said to mine just before I bought my last bike, "This bicycle is a lot less that health care for a heart condition!" lol There's not a lot anyone can say to that!
Cheers
Thor

This post was edited

I love to ride and I own a Trek 3500. I just moved to NYC in Sept and got to ride a few times then but it hasn't been warm enough for me to get out again. Just read the details about the NY WNBR and I can't wait to ride in it!

This post was edited

I have two, one is a burley Recombent and the other is a Trek 7300 that I just got, Had a Trek 700 Sport.

This post was edited

I just have one (too expensive to have more), a Freedom Ryder FRH-1 handcycle.

This post was edited

let me c, 3 road bikes and 2 mt bikes, do mostly road riding, 100 to 150 miles a week,,,,,,,,do a little rail to trail riding as well. Never tried or had the chance to ride nude,,,,,,,,,i wish *S*

This post was edited