St Martin orient bay

My wife and I are going next week. I hope to walk the whole beach nude in the early morning finishing before 8am. Also hope to have my wife with me. From what I have read it appears early am walks are fine. I am assuming it is safe since we have no possessions to steal. Can anyone confirm I am ok with this. Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE: St Martin orient bay

Though we have not visited Club Orient, Orient Bay or ... St. Martin since summer '09, we are in constant contact with friends that continue to visit at least annually or two or three times a year. Walking nude in the mornings is still done with little or no interference, hassle or bother. It is always suggested that you carry a sarong/pareo ... just in case. In most cases ... IF ... the gendarme are out that early, which is very rare, they will approach and ask you to cover up. If you have nothing to cover yourself, they could cite you. Most times, slipping on the sarong/pareo is all that is needed and you're on your way.
Have a great trip. We are jealous! :D

This post was edited

We were there this June and did the morning nude walk down the
beach a couple of times, and there was a small group each morning.
Got some last pictures of the closed down shops next to Pedro's
before they were torn down.

The only problem in the early morning is the seaweed. The tradition
used to be to touch the rock at the far end of the beach on the
nude walks. In June the seaweed was stacked so high at that end of
the beach, that we turned around a good 200 yards early. We usually
start out by 7:00 or 7:15, so we are back long before the Gendarmes
show up.
We brought a couple of small cover ups but didn't need them.

This post was edited

My wife and I are going next week. I hope to walk the whole beach nude in the early morning finishing before 8am. Also hope to have my wife with me. From what I have read it appears early am walks are fine. I am assuming it is safe since we have no possessions to steal. Can anyone confirm I am ok with this. Thanks!Hope you enjoyed your stay at Orient beach. How did your nude walk turn out?

This post was edited

My wife and I are going next week. I hope to walk the whole beach nude in the early morning finishing before 8am. Also hope to have my wife with me. From what I have read it appears early am walks are fine. I am assuming it is safe since we have no possessions to steal. Can anyone confirm I am ok with this. Thanks!Hope you enjoyed your stay at Orient beach. How did your nude walk turn out?Yes, I'd like to know also. Wife and I will be returning to St. Martin in mid March, staying on Orient Bay. It's been 10+ years for us, and would like to know if you can still walk the entire length of the beach nude early in the morning? I've heard people mention crime as an issue. Any other pertinent info would be appreciated also. Thanks.

This post was edited

we were at orient beach last summer 2015 staying at esmeralda
resort. one can walk the beach nude until about 8.30am, maybe
9am. many folks walk nude and many walk clothed early in the
morning but around 8.30am seems to be "quitting time" for nude walks.
after that, nudity is pretty much restricted to the beach in
front of club orient, although the esmeralda resort has a small
nude section in front of it. walking the length of the beach
in thongs for men and women and/or topless for women is pretty much
okay all day. seems that one has to wear something once the
beach starts to fill up with people in midmorning.

This post was edited

Crime isn't an issue for morning walks down Orient beach. We did a couple of them in June from Club O out and back. We tried to be back by 8:00. At night Club O has security watching their end of the beach, so no crime problems then, either.

This post was edited

Club Orient even has eyes during the day. I had walked from my cottage down to the beach to check the ocean the first morning. Since I left through my screen door and intended to return immediately I did not bring my key. A guard on the beach quickly asked me what I was doing there, but we cleared it up. So you can feel confident at Club Orient 24 hours a day it seems.
Let's just say I did not wear any clothes at all during my entire week there and it was great!

This post was edited
RE:St Martin orient bay

Rick,

It would really be helpful if you went back and deleted all your posts but one!

I do have a question to clarify; are you saying that you didn't have any problems strolling Orient Beach while nude, anytime of the day ...or are you stating that strolling Club Orient's portion of the beach in the nude was no problem any time of day, which is a given.

Thanks! ;-)

This post was edited