Sexually desensitized

I have a friend who enjoys nudity, though can't seem to separate
nudity from sex. He sees no point in participating in social nudity
where there isn't sexual attraction. He states that he doesn't want to
become sexually desensitized to the human body. I've had difficulty
explaining to him that sexuality in nudity is not desensitized. How could I help him to better understand that
naked doesn't always have to equate sexual attraction to enjoy the freedom that social nudity offers?

This topic was edited
RE: Sexually desensitized

Sounds as if he already knows that that the two can be separated,
and is afraid of it. He may have doubts about his ability to
function if he looses the nudity-as-automatic-turnon trigger he's used to.
It's his mind and body, and for all we know, he's right. If he's not intentionally going into non-sexual situations and being sexual, anyway, why not
let it alone?

This post was edited

I don't think he will ever 'understand'. It is in the nature of men to equate twosome nudity and sex. It has been repeated over and over here on truenudists that nudism doesn't equal sex, but generally that comes from married men. Those of us who are single will appear to think differently, but we are just like the married men before they got married.

This post was edited

I just remember the edge that exists when conducting ordinary textile life. There's not just sexual, but every sort of edge to be found in all circumstances--and that's true of both nude and clothed circumstances. Beauty in nude form drives me to inappropriate behavior no more than perfumes and clothing fashion. That's the thought that reassures me I won't become desensitized while enjoying nudity for activities other than sex.

This post was edited

Sounds as if he already knows that that the two can be separated,and is afraid of it. He may have doubts about his ability tofunction if he looses the nudity-as-automatic-turnon trigger he's used to.It's his mind and body, and for all we know, he's right. If he's not intentionally going into non-sexual situations and being sexual, anyway, why notlet it alone?Good Point!

This post was edited

This issue is one that comes up often and there IS an answer for your friend. Sadly in the repressed society we live in many people are brought up starved of contact with the human body. So men often suffer from a form of stunted sexual development where any instance of normal nudity triggers similarly basic responses that a burger would have if they had been starved for months. They want to grab it and wolf it down with nothing beyond the Neanderthal in their thinking. I'm at the very liberal end of the spectrum in my attitudes to sex etc, but I'm also a genuine naturist who isn't looking for sex when I meet with other naturists. Im looking for much more! Let me explain: In my opinion equating nudism with sex is missing the point of BOTH. And if we have a developed understanding and truly positive attitude to both nudism and sex the need to separate them evaporates in the warm sunshine of greater understanding. If a grown man ( or woman ) has an understanding of sex that is so limited as to think that it's so basic as two naked bodies banging each other ( sorry for the bluntness! ) it shows that they need to learn that sex has much more to offer when there's greater subtlety, understanding, skill and when it's an act engaged in by two well-formed adults who express an attraction to, and appreciation of, a whole person in their sexual activity - whose love-making is a LOT more than just using another person's body to masturbate with. Only then can he ever hope to form a meaningful, longer term sexual, loving relationship which can bring much greater sexual and emotional joy. Similarly, our shared nudity expresses and celebrates our entire humanity - not just our braveness in letting our 'bits' be seen! In being nude together we celebrate our lives - all races, ages, sexual orientations, creeds etc stand united in their magnificent humanity - unashamed and openly beautiful. To participate knowingly, joyfully in that is much more satisfying than a juvenile turn-on! So, in my opinion, paradoxically your friend needs to consider developing rather than limiting his contact with the human body - not least with his own - and should consider learning more about sex and sexuality....including his own!! A naked woman ( or man ) can of course be beautiful and attractive. But nudism / naturism isn't just about naked bodies - it's about stripping away all other kinds of negative, limiting conditioning - about revealing the whole person - perhaps it can ultimately offer your friend much more than basic, limited, juvenile titilation and bring him to a greater understanding that'll elevate his sex life and all of his life to greater heights.Well stated!

This post was edited

I just remember the edge that exists when conducting ordinary textile life. There's not just sexual, but every sort of edge to be found in all circumstances--and that's true of both nude and clothed circumstances. Beauty in nude form drives me to inappropriate behavior no more than perfumes and clothing fashion. That's the thought that reassures me I won't become desensitized while enjoying nudity for activities other than sex.Great comparison! In fact, I think that some textiles are often more sexually distracting than the purity of nudism!

This post was edited

He sees no point in participating in social nuditywhere there isn't a sexual edge.

People who call themselves nudists with the primary mission of receiving sexual gratification from viewing other nudists' pics are - in my opinion - not genuine nudists. Not judging; just my opinion. WITH THAT BEING SAID, I realize some people may have brief sexual stirrings when looking at fellow nudists...I'm not referring to that. THAT happens...it is normal as we are human. But we can also control our impulses. DianeWell said Diane, we agree.Most of the nudist that we know and have seen at the resorts and beaches or even on this site, do a pretty good job on their own, of desensitizing the sexual aspects of nudity, with their own physical appearance and their lack of a Healthy lifestyle.There is definitely nothing sexually appealing or stimulating at all, about a group of older / out of shape fat / flabby people lying around a pool or on a beach, while they are all naked.Yuke.That sight alone, immediately puts a quick end to any of those sexual thoughts, that anyone might have.The fantasies that any Textile or Vanilla might have, about Nudity and Sex going hand in hand is quickly extinguished.with just one visit to any nude beach or to any nude resort, or with just a quick glimpse at the pictures on this site.For the most part, it seems as if the whole "Flag Waving" Nudist thing, is something that the much OLDER crowd, seems to like to promote and do.When one goes to the Nude resorts or the Clothing optionals, the demographics and the visuals, are not what are in.many sexual fantasies. lolI suppose that beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder, but.for the most part..there is definitely nothing Sexually stimulating or Sexy at all, about Nudity ..when people let themselves go.as the majority of all the Nudists do, as they get older and older.We always thought, that any True Nudist would be committed to living a Healthy Lifestyle..Healthy Mind/ Healthy Body type scenario.Eating healthy / physical exercise / knowing what the inside of a gym looks like, taking pride in ones appearance and taking pride in ones body and having an Open Mind, to what others might be into or do.None of these ingredients are present,in any of the Nudist that we know or have seen at the resorts / beaches or even on this site.Is there SEX amongst NudistYES of course.Does being Nude amongst others, stir any sexual thoughts or desires?.certainly not amongst any of the Nudist that we know or have seen at the resorts / beaches or on this site.There is nothing sexy or sexually stimulating at all, about seeing Old people or Out of Shape people naked.Nudists do a pretty good job of sexually desensitizing the Sex Fantasy..out of being naked around others.The Reality is definitely anything but Sexy or a Turn on, even for a Vanilla / Textile.They are always down playing the Sex part in being a Nudist, but..why is it?.that if you happen to look at the Gallery on True Nudist, the pictures are of ONLY YOUNG / Hot looking / Sexy looking Bodies??.You will not see even one, over weight / out of shape flabby looking Older individual, in the Gallery SEX tion of True Nudist?For the most part, there is nothing Sexy about being Nude, when it comes to the Nude resorts or the Nude beaches.There is nothing sexy about being Out of Shape and Over weight and OLD.Just our own opinion, for what it is worth.Or as Diane says..Just saying.

This post was edited

People who call themselves nudists with the primary mission of receiving sexual gratification from viewing other nudists' pics are - in my opinion - not genuine nudists. Not judging; just my opinion. WITH THAT BEING SAID, I realize some people may have brief sexual stirrings when looking at fellow nudists...I'm not referring to that. THAT happens...it is normal as we are human. But we can also control our impulses. DianeDitto

This post was edited

We always thought, that any True Nudist would be committed to living a Healthy Lifestyle..Healthy Mind/ Healthy Body type scenario.Eating healthy / physical exercise / knowing what the inside of a gym looks like, taking pride in ones appearance and taking pride in ones body and having an Open Mind, to what others might be into or do.Wanting that healthy lifestyle and achieving it are very different things and as we age it becomes more of a challenge to be of recommended body weight and tone. I exercise daily, engage in physical work as well, and consume on most days six to eight hours in this kind of activity. I enjoy bicycling and when weather permits will take a ride of 30 miles or more. However, as I moved from being 40 to my mid 60's it became increasingly difficult to keep my weight down. It is something I have struggled with since about eight years old.Today I am considered obese by medical standards, and I know that I could do a bit better with the diet, but I also know that sleep problems, physical deterioration, and inability to move as quickly and limited range of motion make gaining weight so much easier. I am a nudist, but I am not one of those you will see at a resort or beach. Just don't have access. Naked at home trying to stay at least as healthy as I am and working toward improvement takes a lot of time and energy. Yes, eating less would help, but there is more to it than just cutting back on quantity, and overcoming an addiction though it may not be a physical addiction is very difficult.
My wife still finds me sexy as I do her, and I hope that you will actually open your mind about what comes somewhat naturally with age and that you do not have to struggle too much to stay in the shape you claim to be in today.

This post was edited

I'm glad this topic is here. Many people seem to associate nudism with sleaze and sexuality when in reality the two couldn't be more different. Last year I lived alone I practiced nudism in the privacy of my flat and it's very much a comfort/lifestyle choice, particularly in te hot weather.

This post was edited