Friend Requests

Okay, I know I am not yet TrueNudist certified. I am working on that. I know I am posting a lot, but I am trying to learn the nuances within this site and feel that the only way to learn is to ask the more experienced users. I understand the need for privacy on the site due to the lurkers and trolls that abound on the internet. When sending friend requests, though, I was wondering if one of two things could happen:
1. Unlock your profile so that I might actually read about who you are. I am not going to blindly accept someone that I know nothing about. Or...
2. If you do have a blocked profile, at least send me a message to let me know about who you are.

As I am unable to currently post any possible thought in the certified threads, I was also wondering if the site might be modified a tad. If someone has set there permissions to "Friend only" and THEY send a friend request to me, is it possible to have the site show me a "Friend Request" version of the that persons profile?

This topic was edited
RE: Friend Requests

These would be welcome improvements, but not available at this time. The best you can do is write back and ask them to describe themselves a bit. Sometimes the "Friends Only" feature is used to block photos, not the text, so they should have no objection letting you know what their interests and intentions are.

Otherwise, why would anyone want them for a friend?

This post was edited
As a note...

I am by no means a snob, so if I do receive such an invite I will send that person a message. If I receive no response, then I will just deny the friend request.

This post was edited
RE: As a note...

Excellent requests, Rich. You might consider sending an email to site admin (TT1) at contact@truenudists.com or support@ truenudists.com with those suggestions.

In the meantime, after being on this site for over 18 months, we have found that the majority (not all) of people who send a friend request with no message and no prior communication ("blind request") are really just interested in seeing pictures and not really interested in establishing a friendship. We've taken to just denying or ignoring most "blind" requests.

BTW, when you deny a friend request a message is NOT sent back to that person notifying them. If you find that you are getting the same person requesting over and over again you can either send them a message saying thanks but no thanks - please stop requesting or you can just ignore the request. If you ignore it - neither accepting or denying it - and just let it sit there for a few days or weeks, they can't send the request again.

Also, if you are really interested in seeing the "for friends only" profile of someone who has sent you a "blind" request, you can accept them, look over their profile and if you are not agreeable after seeing their profile, remove them from your friends list. Of course, if you like what they have to say, then you can always keep them on your friends list.

Hope this helps!

Jen

This post was edited