RE: Male Open showers in the Northeast

I very much agree. Private showers are rediculous.I would disagree. Showers are for cleaning oneself not for others to view.
As nudists we don't mind public nudity but why would we force that on others?

This post was edited

The vast majority of people I know prefer open showers, nudists and other. People that don't want to be seen in the shower can shower at home. Most of them already do, even with the private stalls.

This post was edited

I very much agree. Private showers are rediculous.I would disagree. Showers are for cleaning oneself not for others to view.
As nudists we don't mind public nudity but why would we force that on others?I agree, Rene, and I think his statement is that of an exhibitionist (not a true nudist).

This post was edited
RE:Male Open showers in the Northeast

If you happend to be in the buffalo NY area I would highly recommend the University of Buffalo South campus in Amherst NY athletic center. The facility is open to the public and has a really nice size pool indoor track weights Locker room is the largest I have ever seen. Steam room and sauna are in the men lockeroom The communal shower area is all totally open has about dozen pole type showers. So if you interested in spending a week or 2 this place would be it.

This post was edited

I used to workout at a local recreation center and they had open showers. Which when I go to other gyms I have mostly seen single showers with doors and curtains. I have also seen a open shower with curtains around the shower heads with just enough room to stand in. I think that there should be more places with open showers.

This post was edited

Most of the open showers at gyms that I remember usually had 2 or 3 private stalls over to the side if there was a modesty issue. Now the new Y has nothing but single showers and if you want to keep talking to your buddy, it's kind of awkward.

This post was edited