RE: Locker Room Nudity, Have Things Changed?

When showering, the intimate parts of the body don't get cleaned if you must wear shorts at all times.Exactly, but feel for those that aren't allowed to shower at all. Like I said, it's just wrong

This post was edited

Stupidity knows no bounds. Athletics at school and no showers? Not only is that unacceptable, it is also unsanitary. Will shaking the hand of another person be next on the taboo list? How about saying hello to a passing stranger as a form of recognition? As a society do we really want to insulate ourselves from others as opposed to opening ourselves up to the differences between people and learning to appreciate those differences? Finally, what does this type of action mean for our freedom to exercise nudism? As Yoda might say: "The dark side of the Force it is".

This post was edited

Wrong, bizarre and seriously unhealthy. I would not like to be the mums washing these boys and girls clothes. The teachers also have to teach these boys in a classroom. The stench must be appalling!!!! I recall my days in the school locker room when we came off the field. The smell of body sweat and the sports clothes was overpowering, thank god for the shower. Otherwise it must be unbearable for those who go home by bus or other public transport and have to put up with smelly boys who are AFRAID to shower, or there are NONE to use. Emphasis added.

This post was edited

I feel sorry for those teachers with a room full of smelly pubescent students. Where is the Lysol spray or air effects?

This post was edited

I'm 62 years old. When I was in middle and high school we were always naked for showers and to change clothes. Recently I joined a gym and found that this is no more. Showers are separated and have curtains. I see no one naked at all, even changing clothes. My first time I sat by my locker after playing basketball to change clothes. I also walked to the showers naked. I was in open view of everyone. A guy about my age simply avoided looking at me, not like it was a big deal, but a guy about 20 saw me and nearly ran out of the room. I wondered then if etiquette had changed. Now I know from most of these posts that it has. I am flabbergasted that nudity is now frowned upon. Goid grief. In Ancient Greece the men we naked even for the sports!

This post was edited

No, they haven't change for what a men locker room concerns.

This post was edited

I was shocked that boy's locker room at my son's HS had a shower but it was used for storage. Not possible to take a shower.

Just a few years ago, I was at a private HS during Christmas break, borrowing some of their gym equipment. I stopped in the locker room to piss. There were dirty gym clothes everywhere. And the smell was overwhelming. It was already a few days into the holiday, so surely it had been days since any of the kids had been there. I didn't see the shower but it was pretty obvious the boys were not using it, or even washing their gym clothes.

This post was edited

Our children are the victims of agenda pushed by teaching. Our teachers have ou students undivided attention and promote their own personal views. Not sure who is to blame and more. Teachers fording it or ourselves for stepping in more with our teachers or their strong unions.As a teacher, I can assure you that the vast majority of us wish our students would shower after PE. We are the ones who have to put up with their stench after gym class. I am not sure where you got the idea that we are pushing an anti-nudity(?) agenda on anyone, but it's incorrect. Changes have occurred in gym routines mainly because of litigious parents and the shifting of societal views on nudity. It has nothing to do with teachers or their "strong unions." I have taught for 27 years and the only discussions I have heard on gym showering is that we wish kids were required to shower after PE.

This post was edited

Great post Abhchelms. I think it is amazing how people have gotten. I used to belong to a YMCA. Then men's lockerroom had open showers and a steam room. The younger guys would always cover up. When that Y built an addition they added new lockers. each shower had its own little changing room attached to it and that was made a selling point for new members. Luckily they still kept the old lockerroom.

This post was edited

Yeah. It's not the 70s anymore. I had the same experiences that many of you have shared. Locker room nudity was the norm, in high school and even the gyms I belonged to over the years until the late 90s. Then it started changing. No more open showers and guys started the towel dance. And today, guys fully dressed in a sauna and even in the shower! Absolutely bizarre behavior.

This post was edited