RE:Locker Room Nudity, Have Things Changed?

Love the gym and the nude settings locker room sauna etc have ALWAYS enjoyed

This post was edited

Love the gym and the nude settings locker room sauna etc have ALWAYS enjoyed

This post was edited

The other day in the chatroom someone asked about nudity in the locker room. I had replied that I was always comfortable with locker room nudity and had always known locker rooms to be an open nude enivornment perticipated by the open gang showers. I had also commented that I am currently comfortable walking around the locker room nude. I was then asked if I was an exhibitionist. I replied that exhibitionism has nothing to do with nudity in the locker room or atleast for me. I stated that I walk nude with towel in hand from my locker to the shower to rinse off and then walk to the steam sauna or dry sauna and enjoy them nude. When I am finished with them, I walk to my locker to grab my soap and shampoo and then walk to the shower. Sometimes I might engage or be engaged in conversation while nude and am comfortable in doing so. If there is something interesting on the locker room tv, I may stand before it and watch for a while with others while being naked. Being a nudist for most of my life, I am aware that I might be more comfortable being nude among other people. However, I would not consider my nudity as exhibitionism.

This post was edited

Sad to say, that is the new PRUDISH AMERICA. I'm with you, nude in the locker room, no towel covering me up

Edward

This post was edited

I've noticed this as well... I just chalked it up to that fact that I'm getting old. HA!

This post was edited

I've noticed this as well... I just chalked it up to that fact that I'm getting old. HA!

I think ity has far more to do with conditioning as a child.

When I was at school, after rugby, or football we all got naked and we all queued up to use the block of 10 showers. The girls locker room was the same.

These days, if they're even allowed to play rugby, they're not even allowed to shower. If children never get used to being socially naked, then as adults they won't either.

This post was edited

Probably the only young in there that's naked. The ones I know who don't like being naked in locker room either have body image problem or are scared of gay guys are going grab them. Again these are guys I know the rest not sure why. Also where am usually naked is in the sauna and it's co-ed but since it's real late never seen no one go in, so always alone and no complaints yet.

This post was edited
RE: Locker Room Nudity, Have Things Changed?

I was in Junior High and High School during the 70's when showering after gym was mandatory. The P.E. teachers would hand out towels and make sure everyone showered. I remember those years with fondness and believe that experience is what gives me a body positive image today. I have three boys that were and are high school athletes and I doubt they ever showered at school. I think that is the biggest effect on locker room behavior today.
I go to LA Fitness at least three times a week during my lunch hour. After my workout, I strip at my locker, throw my towel over my shoulder and walk to the showers. Usually, I will first visit the sauna and use my towel to cover my genitals, but not much else. About half the sauna users wear their workout clothes, but I have noticed that more are just wearing underwear. I have always used the sauna at hotels and spas naked, and feel that even the towel is too much.
After showering, I remain naked and walk back to the lockers carrying my towel. I stay naked while combing my hair, putting on deodorant and lotion. I sometimes walk to the drinking fountain and check my phone still naked. Although I am still in the minority with my nudity in the locker room, I have lately noticed more and more younger (20's) people being more comfortable with their nudity. I hope it is a trend and we will see an end to the "towel dance/deck change" forever. I think that the more we model normal locker room nudity, the faster we will see others becoming more comfortable.
There does seem to be quite a few lurkers in the locker room. Guys that spend a great deal of time walking through and hanging out to look at those of us that are naked. I just ignore them and feel that if that gives them a thrill, that is just a reflection on their shallow lives. That should not be a reason for us to abandon normal locker room nudity.
Keep modeling normal locker room nudity and maybe we will return to a time when others understand the freedom of body acceptance.

This post was edited

Back in the 70's men considered themselves safe in an all male environment. The use of gang showers and communal changing rooms at school probably helped. But, dare I say it, there may be another reason. In those days nothing was thought of two men sharing a flat (apartment) or even a bed. Then the idea of male-male sexual attraction was virtually unknown - and illegal. How things have changed! And maybe the prospect of m-m sexual attraction has made some men more cautious, especially when there are lurkers around. I have noticed how more men shun the urinals and lock themselves in a closet when using the public toilet.

This post was edited

Hopefully, in a few weeks I will experience the locker room environment for the first time in years.

However, I'm not expecting nudity in the locker room to be an issue as I'm going to my first naked swim :D

This post was edited