RE: Locker Room Nudity, Have Things Changed?

The gym we visited some 25 years ago, or more, did have the same
set up; lockers, benches, sinks and showers, a sauna on each side,
one for men and one for women. Again, this sauna was almost always
used by those that were naked and there were a couple of times
where some young guy would come in and see all the other men naked
and walk back out, only to return without the swim trunks and
carrying a towel.

On the woman's side, mywifesays that the same happened there. On
occasion, women would enter topless and our suspicion was that it
was during their menstrual cycle ... or for some other reason but
regardless, the woman's sauna was used by the women and most of
them were naked.

The spa/hot tub was in the same area as the pool, along with a
"COLD" pool. Use of these pools was open to both sexes and
therefore a swim suit was mandatory. Things may have changed since
our visit so long ago.

This post was edited

Also thank the bloody Republicans
I hope my nude beach doesn't head this direction

Never tried Korean spa. Is it worth it?

This post was edited

I actually enjoyed the openness in the lockeroom back when I was in school. 70's Everyone changed no big deal often times I would come out of the shower and dry my hair before I would go get my towel from the guy that handed them out. There was a row of hand drier placed up high so you could dry your hair. This way i did not have to wait to dry my hair, most would use them after they had dressed.

This post was edited

It is nice to see your observations. I concur with your observation on the comfort level of same sex nudity seems to be generational. It really mystifies me that the younger generations are not more comfortable with the access they have to nudity. I guess similar to the the younger generations communicate through technology might explain their comfort level with actual in person public nudity. Since I am so comfortable being nude as a long time nudists and was a raised in an era of group open showers and common locker room nudity, I am very comfortable walking around the locker room naked especially entering the steam room, sauna, and showers. I just think it is so bizarre seeing people change under a towel or entering the sauna and steam room with clothes on. Hopefully things will change.

This post was edited

A separate follow-up to my post above: This was a pretty remarkable occurrence that just happened this meeting. As I headed into the locker room at Planet Fitness, there was a sign notifying that there was a, "Female Working In Men's Locker Room." Whhaattt??, I thought. I proceeded in but didn't see any female in the locker area (only one other guy getting ready to work out) and I walked into the shower area, and... There she was, big as life, one of the female staffers had a cart full of cleaning supplies and was scrubbing the tiles in Shower #3. She had her back turned and earbuds in so she didn't see me as I turned to leave. Since I'm admittedly a bit of an exhibitionist my devious brain was already at work figuring out how I should play this unique situation to full advantage. Had there not been another guy, and more now coming in, I probably would've just bagged today's workout and gone right ahead and stripped nude and headed for the showers right away. However, that would've seemed a bit obvious to the others in the area, so I headed out to the gym floor. I quickly decided that today's workout would be very brief, so that maybe I could get a shower in while she was still in there working. I did only a couple quick sets on two machines before packing it in and headed back to the lockers. I had been noticing whether the sign was gone or not and yrs it was still there. I walked in and as per my custom immediately stripped nude and then opened my locker to get my towel and walked toward the showers, carrying it in my hand. As I entered the shower area I saw she was still in #3 and had her back turned, so she hadn't seen me. I thought about going to #4 and asking her if that one was OK to use, but vetoed the idea as possibly seeming too forward. I went to Shower #2 right beside where she was still scrubbing and turned on the water. She never turned around while I was getting the water on, etc. so I fit in and finished shaving and washing as quickly as possible, inhopes she wouldn't finish too soon. When I turned off my water I could still hear her scrubbing. Still dripping wet, I stepped out into the mat right next to her work area and reached for my towel. This dislodged the curtain she had hung on the hook and I caught it just as she looked up and saw me standing there nude. I apologized for the curtain and she said no problem and turned quickly back to her work. After that I went out to the locker area and figured I may as well continue my normal routine add if nothing were different. I set my stuff down on the counter by the mirror and started drying myself off. I was wondering if she would be making her exit anytime soon and would come walking through the locker area while I was still standing there nude, and so I was keeping an eye on the mirror. It was only a minute our do later that she did come walking out, but she walked straight toward me carrying a couple bottles in her hand. As she walked toward me she asked if either of these were mine? I said one was and reached out to take it from her, still nude from head to toe. Just as quickly she returned to the showers, trying to be as nonchalant as possible. As I proceeded with my morning ritual I still kept an eye on the mirror, and just before I had fine everything before finally getting dressed, I saw her once again emerge from the shower area and this time walked through the locker area and out to the gym. Her eyes were down when I spotted her, but I'm not so sure she didn't catch a quick glance at my bare backside just as she rounded the corner (?)After that, I got dressed. Just as I was about toput my coat on, one of the male staff came in and said, "I just wanted to let everyone knowthat Danielle is coming back in."I wondered to myself what they would have done, had I been nude at that time, if I had said, "It's OK by me."? Would she have come on in? Waited til I eventually got dressed? Or, would they have insisted I put some clothes on? Given what else had already transpired, I seriously doubt it would've been the latter. All I can say is, I'm sure glad it worked just the way it did!I had this happen at a LA Fitness but it was just before it closed so I could not use the showers but had to change. I wasn't to pleased and let the staff at the front desk and next day I called manager. I told them it would have been nice to know about it ahead of time and I would have changed my routine. I stress that it's not cool and I didn't want to be accused of any improper activity by anyone. it's like her word against mine if she had said anything about me been in nude in showers. Besides in the state it's considered an improriate act and can get arrested since it's posted female in locker room. They quickly hired a male attendant as manager called me back next day.

This post was edited

Yes it was nice to be nude with others and any could look.

This post was edited

A separate follow-up to my post above: This was a pretty remarkable occurrence that just happened this meeting. As I headed into the locker room at Planet Fitness, there was a sign notifying that there was a, "Female Working In Men's Locker Room." Whhaattt??, I thought. I proceeded in but didn't see any female in the locker area (only one other guy getting ready to work out) and I walked into the shower area, and... There she was, big as life, one of the female staffers had a cart full of cleaning supplies and was scrubbing the tiles in Shower #3. She had her back turned and earbuds in so she didn't see me as I turned to leave. Since I'm admittedly a bit of an exhibitionist my devious brain was already at work figuring out how I should play this unique situation to full advantage. Had there not been another guy, and more now coming in, I probably would've just bagged today's workout and gone right ahead and stripped nude and headed for the showers right away. However, that would've seemed a bit obvious to the others in the area, so I headed out to the gym floor. I quickly decided that today's workout would be very brief, so that maybe I could get a shower in while she was still in there working. I did only a couple quick sets on two machines before packing it in and headed back to the lockers. I had been noticing whether the sign was gone or not and yrs it was still there. I walked in and as per my custom immediately stripped nude and then opened my locker to get my towel and walked toward the showers, carrying it in my hand. As I entered the shower area I saw she was still in #3 and had her back turned, so she hadn't seen me. I thought about going to #4 and asking her if that one was OK to use, but vetoed the idea as possibly seeming too forward. I went to Shower #2 right beside where she was still scrubbing and turned on the water. She never turned around while I was getting the water on, etc. so I fit in and finished shaving and washing as quickly as possible, inhopes she wouldn't finish too soon. When I turned off my water I could still hear her scrubbing. Still dripping wet, I stepped out into the mat right next to her work area and reached for my towel. This dislodged the curtain she had hung on the hook and I caught it just as she looked up and saw me standing there nude. I apologized for the curtain and she said no problem and turned quickly back to her work. After that I went out to the locker area and figured I may as well continue my normal routine add if nothing were different. I set my stuff down on the counter by the mirror and started drying myself off. I was wondering if she would be making her exit anytime soon and would come walking through the locker area while I was still standing there nude, and so I was keeping an eye on the mirror. It was only a minute our do later that she did come walking out, but she walked straight toward me carrying a couple bottles in her hand. As she walked toward me she asked if either of these were mine? I said one was and reached out to take it from her, still nude from head to toe. Just as quickly she returned to the showers, trying to be as nonchalant as possible. As I proceeded with my morning ritual I still kept an eye on the mirror, and just before I had fine everything before finally getting dressed, I saw her once again emerge from the shower area and this time walked through the locker area and out to the gym. Her eyes were down when I spotted her, but I'm not so sure she didn't catch a quick glance at my bare backside just as she rounded the corner (?)After that, I got dressed. Just as I was about toput my coat on, one of the male staff came in and said, "I just wanted to let everyone knowthat Danielle is coming back in."I wondered to myself what they would have done, had I been nude at that time, if I had said, "It's OK by me."? Would she have come on in? Waited til I eventually got dressed? Or, would they have insisted I put some clothes on? Given what else had already transpired, I seriously doubt it would've been the latter. All I can say is, I'm sure glad it worked just the way it did!All that just to be seen naked by a female ?

This post was edited

And she'd probably seen it all before. She certainly took it in her
stride as she handed you the bottle. No big deal (for her)!! It's
not uncommon with female attendants working in a male locker room
or washroom. It's all part of the job.

See posts #101 and #110 on page 5 and #129 below

This post was edited

Desperation with a D capital, bold and underlined

This post was edited

Wow, wish I'd seen this one sooner, as I've certainly got opinions on the matter. I work out at Planet Fitness 4x per week in the mornings before work. The locker area is one big open room and the showers are 4 separate stalls with curtains. Opposite them are 3 changing stalls for shy people to change clothes. The minute I hit the locker area after my workout, I'm stripped fully nude, and only then do I open my locker and grab my towel and shaving kit, carrying both in my hand as I casually walk completely nude to the shower. After my shower I don't towel off since the floor is always very wet. I just use my hands to squeegee off excess water before walking to the blow dryer to dry off my shower supplies. Only after I'm back in the locker area do I toweloff, so I'm standing there completely nude for extended periods as some (fortunately not all) of the other guys do their towel dance to get dressed without being seen. I wonder if my casually nude presence makes them feel silly doing that? Because I usually spend a good ten minutes nude, putting on deodorant, lotion, etc, before finally starting to put my clothes on. I am so glad that here in Ohio, even though there are a lot of silly shy guys, at least no one ever gives me a dirty look or makes me feel uncomfortable for spending time nude in the locker room.

I don't know if you staying naked makes them feel silly but I do believe that staying naked might make other guys more relaxed about being naked themselves and it might inspire a few to actually do it. I behave the same way you do in my Planet Fitness locker room and I have seen a few guys way more relaxed with nudity now.

This post was edited