Naked Lunch

An article from the Globe and Mail. I was going to post it under YMCA, but then I thought it deserved a thread of its own. There's a lot in common with the YMCA thread, though.

This topic was edited
RE: Naked Lunch

I love the irony, do they know what gymnasium actually means?
I went to an event over the weekend in Germany. The event was cancelled on the Friday due to bad weather so we went to the spa, the rest of the event went well as we'd all seen each other naked - the spa was compulsory nude!!

This post was edited

What I find funny is why seeing your boss naked, or your boss seeing you naked, in a venue where nudity is to be expected, should be seen as such a problem. Don't we all look more or less the same? Aren't we the same species?

On top of that, changing rooms in North America aren't usually coed, so there's probably nothing on our colleagues we haven't seen before.

This post was edited

You know, I think the biggest thing about this article isn't so much the nudity but the insecurity of people around coworkers as well as their NOT wanting to speak about work in their down time. I can relate. I have many employees and the LAST thing I want to talk about is ANYTHING related to work if I see them outside of the work setting. Some people have no couth and are blathering idiots while others are blabber-mouths. Good rule of thumb for me? If I only know them in a professional setting, then a quick "Hello" and a nod is all I give and then move forward. I don't want to monopolize their time any more than they want me to monopolize their time. We all have personal lives that are just that -- personal.

This post was edited