River Island

Hi I am thinking trying a couple of days at RI ,just wondering how hard is it to get to,I dont have a 4wd.Also I am rather chubby do u get many large guys up there.Do you have to book or can you just turn up.

This topic was edited
RE: River Island

Hi I am thinking trying a couple of days at RI ,just wondering how hard is it to get to,I dont have a 4wd.Also I am rather chubby do u get many large guys up there.Do you have to book or can you just turn up.I've been to RI a few times in a 4 door front wheel drive Nissan Maxima. The road to the RI drive way from Mittagong is goodeasy going.The driveway is steep and rough, but had no problem if you go slow.
A far as being chubby, I've found that know one there cares what you look like.I have found they are all friendly, helpful. I have seen people of most shapes and sizes there.
It is a good Idea to book ahead if you want a cabin or van so they can get it ready for you.But if you have your ownaccommodationwith you. should be no problem.
Hope you have a great relaxing time, as I usually do.Cheers OZ.

This post was edited

I usually go to River Island in my Subaru Forester, and certainly an SUV makes the trip easier. Having said that, I first drove myself in a Mitsubishi Lancer, and have even done it in a Mazda 121 (the bubble). Take the road carefully, and you don't need anything special to get there. The last section may be dirt, but it is still a road.

This post was edited

If you haven't got low range you might want to stop half way and
give your brakes a rest. The first time I went down in my
automatic Honda CR-V the heat must have damaged or deformed my
brakes since it shuddered slightly whenever I stopped for months
after.

They wouldn't be real nudists if they judge you by your appearance.

This post was edited