British Summer Time 01:00am Tomorrow

If you live in the UK, clocks go forward by 1 hour at 01:00am sunday march 27.

This topic was edited
RE: British Summer Time 01:00am Tomorrow

Did you know that Arizona is one of the few places in the US that doesn't change it's clock setting for daylight saving time. We have enough daylight here so we don't need to save any.

This post was edited

Did you know that Arizona is one of the few places in the US that doesn't change it's clock setting for daylight saving time. We have enough daylight here so we don't need to save any.Thanks for that info, DR, I thought all states changed clocks. They say one learns something new every day.

This post was edited

Did you know that Arizona is one of the few places in the US that doesn't change it's clock setting for daylight saving time. We have enough daylight here so we don't need to save any.
Hawaii is the only other one not to now. Until a few years ago us hoosiers in Indiana did not. But we got tired of being lined up with the East Coast for part the year and Central time zone for the other part of the year. Try being the receptionist of a company that straddles that mess. I wish we would call it "daylight useful time" and jump ahead and stay ahead.

This post was edited

of course, in the US it is referred to as "daylight savings time." but, then, the alternative is standard time. now with DST going from march through oct/nov, it is more "standard" than standard time. that is, we have DST for about 8 1/2 months and "standard" time for the rest of the year. another thing i hadn't known before, was that all the timetables for flights and such get all messed up when some areas of the world (and the US) are on daylight savings time and others are not. makes for a more curious scheduling of departures and arrivals since the flight times remain the same.

This post was edited

Many of my friends complain about losing an hour of sleep. I don't. I change my clocks at 3pm Sunday afternoon. I lose an hour afternoon time not sleep.

This post was edited

I go to bed 1 hour early, and don't loose any sleep.

This post was edited

I go to bed 1 hour early, and don't loose any sleep.So you lose 1 hour Saturday night time. Maybe I'll try that.

This post was edited

I go to bed 1 hour early, and don't loose anysleep.
So you lose 1 hour Saturday night time. Maybe I'll try
that.

Yeah it's better that way, and record any tv show so as not to
miss anything.

This post was edited

I go to bed 1 hour early, and don't loose anysleep.
So you lose 1 hour Saturday night time. Maybe I'll try
that.

Yeah it's better that way, and record any tv show so as not to
miss anything.

By changing my clocks at 3pm Sunday afternoon I don't miss any Saturday night programs. Sunday afternoon is boring.

This post was edited

I feel sorry for you Brits, I thought it was only here in the US they thought it was possible to make the earth shift on it's axis for one hour twice per year. Now in Oregon they started doing a study on the health effects of this. They have said so far that the number of heart attacks and strokes increase around 20-30 percent for a two to three weeks each time the change happens. They also said the number of auto accidents makes a big spike for about three weeks due to people falling asleep at the wheel.

This post was edited