RE: Does spouse know or do you do on side?

My wife fully supports my nudist lifestyle. She will be at home naked but she won't go with me to my camp. She works in retail and she is afraid that she will see some of her customers. We have all of the discussions about they would be naked also but to I can't get her come out. Maybe someday.I understand you completely. My wife came along with me to a resort in Florida once, didn't really like it. Said it wasn't her thing. She's sometimes nude in the house more often than I am, but will not visit a resort again. I barely have free time so I feel like I can't use it to go to a resort because I hardly see my wife as it is. She supports my nudist lifestyle and says I should go, but I just feel guilty.
Maybe if I had friends that I would go with it may make it more like a social obligation and I'll feel less guilty going? I'm not sure. What would you guys do?

This post was edited

Yes wife knows....I am always naked at home unless company is here.Wife is a clothe-ist but does get naked In our pool and to sun some in our backyard, but will not get naked socially.She goes to the nudist camp a little but will not get naked.

This post was edited

My wife knew I enjoyed going to the nude beach before we were married 39 years ago. She told me not to expect that she would join me there. We did share a few nude evenings and breakfast before marriage, but that was about it. After the kids left I began sleeping nude again and yes I got the same statement 'aren't you cold'. At first I used a night shirt when the kids returned with a spouse, but now, I sleep naked all the time. I have slowly expanded my nude time at home to point when I am naked most days including some yard work in the fairly secluded back yard. She seems fine with it except that she wants me to be dressed for meals and friends. I am OK with that. She surprised me a little more than a year ago when she asked if I wanted her to take my picture of me painting the bathroom. Wow. I did not expect that and said 'yes'. So she took some nude G-rated' photos of me. I have some posted. i put them on the computer and added a few pictures of me that kind of hide my genital area. She can look at them if she wants. She has no idea about the rest of my photos. I may be making some progress as she has made some trips to the kitchen nude, but more likely just topless. She often makes the bed topless and sometimes the coffee. I keep waiting for the 'ah huh' moment when she discovers that being nude is much more than just sexual, but just feels good. I keep hoping I can leave this group one of these days.

This post was edited

Have to count myself fortunate that my wife is a home nudist. She
used to join me at nude beach but is no longer comfortable with
social nudity mainly due to some inappropriate comments and actions
by some others. Seems there is always some idiot who succeed in spoiling a good thing for others.

This post was edited

My wife has always been ok with me going nude around home, except when the kids reached "that certain age". Now they are grown and gone, its OK again. She doesn't join in, but is OK with it. Knows I go to the beach, but that's always been "my time"

This post was edited

My wife knows and is incredibly supportive and understanding, but is reluctant to enjoy social nudity to the same extent that I am willing to do. That said, she's come with me to the nearest CO resort (Avalon in WV) and she at least appeared to be having a genuinely good time, but has at the same time said that she doesn't really feel the need to go back. I too know that I'm lucky that she accepts me for who I am because I didn't even realize I was a "nudist" when we first met or even before we married. For her to be so accepting after the fact, as it were, shows a lot about her character and her love for me, and for that I am grateful.

This post was edited

My wife knows and is incredibly supportive and understanding, but is reluctant to enjoy social nudity to the same extent that I am willing to do. That said, she's come with me to the nearest CO resort (Avalon in WV) and she at least appeared to be having a genuinely good time, but has at the same time said that she doesn't really feel the need to go back. I too know that I'm lucky that she accepts me for who I am because I didn't even realize I was a nudist when we first met or even before we married. For her to be so accepting after the fact, as it were, shows a lot about her character and her love for me, and for that I am grateful.

Same here. Although she isn't interested at all she is the one who told me about the article in time magazine about Skinbook years ago. Thought I'd be interested. Boy was she right.

This post was edited

My wife fully knows, though I can't say she's supportive. It's more like she accepts the fact that I'm a nudist and likes to be nude. She does enjoy it when I'm nude at home, but that's another story.
I let her know each time I'm going to a nude resort, or if I'm going to a friend's house and invite her along.
So, far it's only me that goes; maybe some day.
Dave

This post was edited

Wife knows I enjoy nude time...BUT, does not accept it. I can be naked around the house when grown children not here, but she will NOT join me in my enjoyment. She hates when I go in backyard nude. Absolutely does not know I go to beach nude, and if she did, I would be divorced. I can tan in backyard nude when she's not home, so tan lines are not an issue. I have very little to no tan lines ad she will question me about it, but accepts my explanations. I tell her i'm going fishing and all she says is keep my clothes on. I will then go to our (non nude beach and wear my homemade pouch on the public beach, or find a small piece of heaven where I can be nude on the sand. Anyway, wife absolutely does not like my nude habit. It has been a controversy in our lives, but she has recently said to me, Do what you want as long as kids and she is not home. So, baby steps and she may come around a little more as time goes by. I CAN ONLY HOPE.

This post was edited

Wife knows I enjoy nude time...BUT, does not accept it. I can be naked around the house when grown children not here, but she will NOT join me in my enjoyment. She hates when I go in backyard nude. Absolutely does not know I go to beach nude, and if she did, I would be divorced. I can tan in backyard nude when she's not home, so tan lines are not an issue. I have very little to no tan lines ad she will question me about it, but accepts my explanations. I tell her i'm going fishing and all she says is keep my clothes on. I will then go to our (non nude beach and wear my homemade pouch on the public beach, or find a small piece of heaven where I can be nude on the sand. Anyway, wife absolutely does not like my nude habit. It has been a controversy in our lives, but she has recently said to me, Do what you want as long as kids and she is not home. So, baby steps and she may come around a little more as time goes by. I CAN ONLY HOPE.

I agree that it is all about baby steps and respecting the limits of tolerance of those around you. For me, naturism was something that I did on holiday as far as my wife was concerned and she could tolerate that but it left me frustrated. I would wait till she was out of the house and then get naked and enjoy the moment till she came back and I would slip into clothing. I began letting her 'catch me' lying naked and waited for her reaction, which was never positive, but it was a way of raising the topic and for her to know that naturism was not just a holiday thing but something that was important to me. In time we have negotiated that I can be naked when she is out, and if she is home she is happy for me to be naked in my study (out of sight and out of mind?). So this is the current situation which is better than nothing but still not ideal. Waiting for the right time to take the next step whatever that would be, but for now I'll enjoy what I have. Great to read about those men that have such supportive spouses regarding their naturism, it gives me hope!

This post was edited