Is this a couples only site?

In veiwing some of the profiles on this site I was struck by how many say they want only couples, no single men, to contact them. I'm a single male and joined this site in the hopes of meeting someone to share the lifestyle with. Aside from one wonderful couple, only men have contacted me. Nothing untoward, but sheesh! enough with the anti single male rhetoric, please! I live near a beautiful river (the Yuba) and would like to meet a woman to share good times with living the naturist lifestyle, and visiting the river.

This topic was edited
RE: Is this a couples only site?

I'm a single male whose friends list includes males and females, married and single, of varied orientations, races and nationalities. Most of them are there because they sent me the friend request after getting to know me in chat. Like many here, I am not interested in accumulating a huge number of "friends," and then never interacting with the majority of them. Don't be in a rush. Spend some time to get acquainted with some of the nice people on the site and you will find them more willing to accept you as a friend.

This post was edited

Unfortunatly there arent many single, nudist women, from northern california.. on this site.
There are a few.. but you probably won't hook up on here.
You will have more luck finding a woman in your area and then getting her to come to the river with you.
Most of the single women we know are not on the web, they are at the creek.

This post was edited

I'm a newly divorced (after 26 years) single male. Been a beach nudist since my 20s although my wife was not. I guess its mainly males because there appears to be more of us than females. I think this site is really starting to reflect the WASP naturist community as a whole, insular, bigoted and self absorbed. The constant references to 'pervs' and single males does nothing to encourage single women to join or to post. If its not single male 'pervs' that they are having a go at its the single women 'phoney' profiles they are complaining about.
Its becoming something of a North American couples club! dominated by the narrow minded right wing conservatives, as usual. Those couples they don't like they deride and accuse of being 'swingers'. Its supposed to be a friendly site of like minded people but.......
I know that this is provoctaive and some of you will claim its not the case but this is an observation based on watching this site over a while now. Its an honest opinion based on free speach, which we all believe in, yes! Deal with it as you will.

This post was edited

You rant on Tom - but what constructive advice would you offer? How do you see decreasing the no of predatory single males and increasing the females?

This post was edited

No, but it is a great site to meet bisexual or homosexual men on...if you're a guy. I'm inundated with friend requests too but only one female in the last year and she (?) stated she was just into looking. Sigh. Nope, not a good site to pick up on. Not a good site to make friends from your area. But there are lots of real people here and it's not abad site to discuss, learn and enjoy some camraderie. If only virtual. Pick and choose the areas you frequent. Some will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

This post was edited

In veiwing some of the profiles on this site I was struck by how many say they want only couples, no single men, to contact them. I'm a single male and joined this site in the hopes of meeting someone to share the lifestyle with. Aside from one wonderful couple, only men have contacted me. Nothing untoward, but sheesh! enough with the anti single male rhetoric, please! I live near a beautiful river (the Yuba) and would like to meet a woman to share good times with living the naturist lifestyle, and visiting the river.
The best way to get meet others here is to take your time, join in the chat room conversations, and just be yourself. Since the summer weather has rolled around I haven't been on here as much as I was during the winter simply because I'm outside most of the time now. When I was active in the chats I would get people that wanted to do private chats with me, which is fine. Most of them were nice people, but a few were into activities I wasn't so I would politly end the conversatation and go back to the main chat room.
One thing I noticed was that I would get a lot of people viewing my web cam when I had it turned on. Those people wouldn't always talk to me, they just wanted to watch. Sorry to disappoint them if they were looking for somebody that was into showing off. I think the worst thing I ever did was spend some time doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. But I have met a few nice people here, male and female, single and married/couples.
Right now I'd suggest going to the river and trying to meet people in person. You might have better luck.

This post was edited

I'm a single male and joined this site in the hopes of meeting someone to share the lifestyle with.
You and I have this much in common !
In my few years on this site, here's what I've found in this regard...
The likelihood of meeting a single woman from and/or because you are on this site is close to zero on the surface of it.
The undercurrent is that if/when you do meet a single nude woman at a resort, beach, or club party, she likely will check out your profile on this site as a *part* of her evaluation of you ! ( and any other site she knows about )
People have friends. ANYONE you do meet on this site, knows someone, so a third-party arrangement is possible. The same is possible through the people you meet at a resort.

Back in my first few months on this site, when the total membership was less than 1/20 of what it is now, I had no less than 4 single nudist women chasing me ! ( more, but like anywhere, most don't work out for various reasons )
Keep your profile clean, and complete, so that when "the one" looks, she doesn't find ANYTHING that could be a deal-breaker, from a woman's point of view. Women ( though few admit it ) are exceedingly picky about details that seem almost irrelevant to us guys.

ADDENDUM : Depending on the individual single woman, people on your friends list that list themselves as "married but looking" or married, and here for dating, are extremely risky at best, as are "questionable" groups.

Remember, you have it MUCH easier than they do !
Any, and almost every, single nudist women you find can be a potential candidate.
For them, they have to sort through the thousands ( literally ) of picture collectors and other fakes, as well as the guys who think this is a sexual free-for-all and are indeed only after one thing.
VERY few "single men" they find are actually a real potential candidate.
Very few of them are actually single men with honorable intentions.
Take that for what it's worth.
Nudists do date. A date spent nude with a nude woman is well worth while even when nothing "more" results.
Sometimes, a hike in the woods is just a hike in the woods.

This post was edited

You rant on Tom - but what constructive advice would you offer? How do you see decreasing the no of predatory single males and increasing the females?
I did reply to this in full but it did not pick up or timed out and I'm not going to go through it all again. The gist of what I said was that the continual use of provocative and confrontational words and phrases such as 'pervs', 'stalkers' and 'preditory males' is much more likely to turn single people, women and men, off this site. The frequent attacks on individuals who may express a view or thought that does not chime with the small band on here who think their view is the only legit one is a real turn off. To be frank, your use of the word 'rant' is a case in point. In reality, you fit that description of a 'preditory single male'. You say in your profile that you are single, straight and if you met a single naturist women, that would be all well and good!, I'm paraphrasing here.
My suggestion is that we should stop talking the site down as a heaven for pervs and preditory males' and start talking it up as a place safe for everyone to share views and to get to know each other. Those who overstep the line should be dealt with by TN1 in the same way that the management would deal with someone in the real world. Its not for me, you or any other person to try and usurp that role of management, unless invited to do so. This is actually a very good site with a majority (mainly silent) of decent people and that includes males, single or otherwise. I suggest that the macho postering of a few turns women off here just as much as it does in the real world.
Give up the provocative andnegative language, learn tolerence of other views and opinions and lets celebrate all the good about this site, including its decent and honourable single guys.

This post was edited

It'd be nice if there was a way to "certify" truely genuine single males, that are "safe" for women to talk to. However of course spammers and other pervs will find a way around that quickly enough.
I had hoped to focused here as the main place to find potential lifetime partner/wife (in addition to friends), but I suspect I'll have to use mainstream dating services as well and if I find a special woman, try to convince her into nudism, if not already a nudist. That is not to say I'll give up on it--I'll hang around and enjoy the companionship here of fellow nudists. But I'm not expecting to find that right one here--but please feel free to prove me wrong, ladies!

This post was edited

I first joined TN about 5 yrs ago. The only friend request from gay male wanting to "Hook Up" I kept decling, but they were back the next week. I got tied of that, so I quit. A friend told me that TN has cleand up its act and rejoined. So far so good. The site is alot better now, qudos to the Admin.

This post was edited