going to wales in august and was tempted to try morfa dyffryn nudist
beach , but as we was doing research on the net etc i also found a
local nudist club my question is ? would the club be better for us
to join to take the plunge or is the beach better ?,only i read that
nudists are frowned upon by some textiles walkin on the beach and
also strange things happen in the dunes lol , where as the club is
strictly for nudists and everyone is the same so there is no judgement
from the textiles that dont like nudity thus making first timers more
relaxed i would be intersted to read your comments thanks ps pray for the sun in august for us lol

This topic was edited
RE: beach or club

As you both used to nudity I wouldn't think it is any major difference. Rather if it's sunny you opt for the beach and if it is chilly/cloudy you go to a club.

This post was edited
RE: My vote is the club

Club/resort.
If you do as I did, and go early, when the "crowd" is likely to be smaller, such as 9AM on Saturday before the weekend warriors arrive,
you'll likely find folks go out of their way to welcome you, and make sure you're comfortable.
Everyone there is there for the same reason, so no worries.

I showed up about 9AM the first time, on a Saturday, and took the "tour" of the grounds.
An absolutely stunning young woman saw me as a newcomer, and went well out of her
way to welcome me, make sure I knew the turf, introduce me to a few regulars, and even fed me !
Maybe it was just me.......... ;)

This post was edited

I started with a nude beach and also skinny dipping with some friends when I was in hs and college and then eased in to it more as i got older. But I started with the beach/lake.

This post was edited

My first true nudist experience was a club with a beach. I grew up at the beach and really don't like sand, but I love the ocean. I also love to swim. There are more options usually at a cub regarding food, you can buy there some times what you forgot to bring with you. Some beaches have concession stands and you can buy there too what you have forgotten.

I like the club better because it's a controlled environment, no gawkers, no outside people.

This post was edited

My First public nude experance was at Blacks Beach in CA. I enjoyed it, Everyone was nude. Here in Fla. I been to Apollo and Playalinda. Both have textile areas next to the Nude area and there were more sightseers than nudist. So now I only go to resorts.
I vote for Resorts you'll have a much better time.

This post was edited

I had my first social experience at Morfa this week, great beach, fairly quiet as its a fair walk from the carpark (next to the textile beaches)... about 15-20 mins. Beach is very clean & so is the sea,I didnt see any flotsam or rubbish... just as well because it puts me rigth off beaches.. great views across the bay to lleyn peninsular

I was a little worried about everything, being the first time etc... but once there it was just set up, strip off & enjoy.... really that straight forward, didnt even need to think about it, seemed totally the right & natural thing to do... well everyone else was & it would be rude not too . a reasonable number of others there so felt safe, but no problems at all with textiles passing through... & well, its clearly signed as a nudist beach, so if they dont like it they can go elsewhere
I thnk if you are comfortable being naked, you will have no bother with it, & if you do there were a few partners in clothes there too so not likely to be alone if you do bottle it... but you wont.

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited

thanks for all your repleys on the subject

i did go to the morfa dryfyn beach after a 2 hour drive and by the time i got there it started raining there was no nudists thereso it was kinda off putting for my first time also there was loads of dead jellyfish on the beach wich was worrying lol
i never did pluck the courage up to go naked there simply because it felt odd with so many textiles there plus the rain didnt help matters
basically i think everything that could go wrong did on that day and all in all it wasnt a very good experience anyway thanks for all your comments

This post was edited

The next time you plan on driving there, you might want to check the weather forecast. ;)

This post was edited

The wife and I started off, in the summer of 2009,by visiting our local clothing optional beach. On our first visit I felt comfortable enough to get totally nude; she kept her clothes on. On the second visit she went topless, and by the third visit she too felt comfortable getting totally nude. We are now part of the regular beach crowd and love it.

This post was edited