RE: why ???????????????????????

There is no telling if the name someone gives is genuine, so why bother.

This post was edited

I also prefer to see a name (even a made up one) than nakedman30987 but I couldn't help notice the Op's name...
ruhl, forgive my ignorance, but it that a proper name?

S

This post was edited

The funny part about this is whenever I get together with people that I have met here it's always "hey Jersey!"

This post was edited

• I also prefer to see a name (even a made up one) than nakedman30987 but I couldn't help notice the Op's name...
      ruhl, forgive my ignorance, but it that a proper name?

S..........that is the only first name I have had will be 71 yrs in jan

This post was edited

I sign my messages: Art (macnude).

This post was edited

Each side of this island has its own discussion forum. Konaweb's policy is first-name-&-initial as a handle. Punaweb's custom is "handles". There's no real question of anonymity here - the place is small enough that ya can kinda figure who is who. I'm sure population and moderation differences have something to do with it, but I do believe the name / handle policy helps set the style: Konaweb is utterly civil; Punaweb has its share of trolls.

This post was edited

I also prefer to see a name (even a made up one) than nakedman30987 but I couldn't help notice the Op's name...ruhl, forgive my ignorance, but it that a proper name?S..........that is the only first name I have had will be 71 yrs in jan
Sorry ruhl, it just seemed a little unusual to me.

This post was edited

I don't know how I got to this old post but I suspect quite a few people registered with 'handles'like me because of being a little wary of what the site would be like. Actually mine is a nickname several mates would recognise me by. I think its better to do that than set your profile to private? Whenever I post, chances are I'll sign it Stu and once someone gets to know me they get the full personal info - email, Skype, phone etc

This post was edited

are people so afraid to post their real first name, I mean geezzzzzz I would like to call some one Bill or Jane instead of nudistinheat, or outinthesun, I mean you don't go a resort and introduce yourself that way, do you ? I mean that doesn't give your identity away , I mean like bill8, or bill88, or so on . does anyone have an opinion one way or the other, I mean even if jane, mary, fred is not your first name I still think it would be better than some on hereI am a singer and producer by trade, so for me, it's hard to join a site without google bots placing personal web uses in the search results. Recently, Badoo and dating sites starting popping into my search results due to me using my name so now, I am very careful about what I join and where I put my name. So, coming back to second comment on here, some people live divided lives and try to keep it low key!You must have a very strange FIRST name if all your associates and/or fans would recognize you here.

This post was edited

I agree, I have friends on here and like you after communicating here a few times we exchange e-mail addresses and there we can give a real name , I never give out to much information in chats , I have nothing to be ashame of ...just it is the way some people feel comfortable with ...

This post was edited