RE: What motivates women to be nudists

AWESOME, this is great stuff. OK (taking notes here)

1. Trusted Friend, which by the way guys, includes husbands. To be a good husband, you need to be a trusted friend.
2. Clothing optional, let her take her time, let it be at her pace, let her make the choices and be patient. (I know guys, enthusiasm gets the better of us.)
3. Give up on the current cliches, maybe we need to throw out "Nudist" and "Naturist" for something else, like "natural sunbathing", or something that reaches women and young people together.....Ideas????

This is good stuff. I think we made some breakthroughs, anyone else want to add their two cents????

Thank you very much Lauri and Mary, you just enlightened a group of men, which is no small task!

thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

hello everyone
its been along time since i loggen in , iv been very busy lately
at first i was not sure if i could trust this site which explains why didnt fill out the info at the begining
im still shy being nude in front of a camera
and i just want to assure any nudist member that im not a pervert

This post was edited
What motivates women to be nudist.

It took me over a year to get my last girlfriend to try the local resort, she too was uncomfortable with her body. After that first time, she went to the resort more than I did. So I would have to say patience and trust.
Other than that try money. :D

This post was edited
RE: What motivates women to be nudist.

I think a lot of us men have those same body image issues to one extent or another. Perhaps not on the same level as women do but I think we can empathize with them to a certain degree. Perhaps it's more of a machismo thing that we are less likely to voice our displeasure with our bodies and less likely to back down when faced with the prospects of putting it all out there on the line for the first time.

Seems the running moral to the stories that have been posted by the ladies here so far is that patience and understanding will take you a long way in this world and that it is much less a matter of coercion. In other words it's not so much a matter of convincing them to go as it is providing the opportunity and letting them decide for themselves that they want to go. That's what I've gotten from it so far anyway.

This post was edited
RE: What motivates girls to become nude?

Well, I finally got my best friend to go to Glen Eden with me just by going myself, and then always sharing how wonderful it was. She kept asking questions and I kept answering, and kept telling her she really ought to go because I knew she would love it. I also kept assuring her that it would help her with her personal body issues. It's not like going to the public beach. Then she said one day she needed to try it, then a month or so later it was her birthday and I suggested that I should take her to the resort for her birthday. She said okay and she's a total nudist now! She goes whenever she can.

This post was edited

Congratulations to you and more so to your ladyfriend!

This post was edited

Bravo!!! Another convert to our side LOL

This post was edited

AWESOME, this is great stuff. OK (taking notes here) 1. Trusted Friend, which by the way guys, includes husbands. To be a good husband, you need to be a trusted friend. 2. Clothing optional, let her take her time, let it be at her pace, let her make the choices and be patient. (I know guys, enthusiasm gets the better of us.) 3. Give up on the current cliches, maybe we need to throw out "Nudist" and "Naturist" for something else, like "natural sunbathing", or something that reaches women and young people together.....Ideas???? This is good stuff. I think we made some breakthroughs, anyone else want to add their two cents???? Thank you very much Lauri and Mary, you just enlightened a group of men, which is no small task! thanks Jerry

Jerry did a great job of summing up what Lauri and Mary put so eloquently. I have to second them on everything they said.

Jen

This post was edited

Thanks Jen,

Ok, so I got the "cool-aid", and I'm drinking it, but I don't know how to pass it to the younger folks. It's like, after 30 people begin to be more relaxed and are more open to ideas like nudism and naturism.

Of course I am not suggesting that we do not focus on the over 30, as I still don't see anyone younger than me at 43 around here, but, I was hoping that if you could get them say at 22, then they might make converts and by the time they hit the 30's there would be say an avalanch.

just thoughts.... Thanks to everyone that posted on here, I just went back and re-read them all, a lot of good ideas. I hope we can apply these and create a success in acquiring new people to the nudist and naturist communities.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
Re: what motivates girls to become nude?

There are few things here, one is that some girls are born into nudism, the other thing is that their other half or parents take them to try it once, and once you try nudism, you feel how good and how pleasant it is to be nude, so you stick to it. Last but not least, is the health benefits, there is a lot to gain from sunning out the pubic area and allow air to flow freely down there.

This post was edited