Lost my wife 5 years ago

Had a rough few years miss my wife very much I,m learning to be me and rejoining life again and nudism A slow long process

This topic was edited
RE:Lost my wife 5 years ago

I lost mine eleven years ago and there is still a void in my life. You are right about getting involved with life and doing what makes you feel better. It fills up the time and the void may get smaller but it will always be there. Reach out to those around you and embrace every moment. Life is too short to dwell on the sad times. Live, Love and Laugh.
I dated and was even engaged to a divorced woman who couldn't understand the attachment to my late wife. She voluntarily walked out on her marriage. My separation was involuntary. She walked out on me after a six-month engagement!
I guess what I am trying to say is that a lot of people don't understand widowhood if they haven't experienced it. It is up to us widowers and widows to pull ourselves up and get on with living which is exactly what you are doing. It is not easy but it is doable.

This post was edited

I lost the love of my life 2 yrs ago in July and I couldn't agree more with your comments!

This post was edited

I lost the love of my life 2 yrs ago in July and I couldn't agree more with your comments!

This post was edited

9 years ago I lost my wife. There's still a void in my heart. I have learned to live with the "new normal". It's not always easy but it has to be done. You get up everyday and move forward. There will at some point be someone who will come in and take their place in your heart and life. Not to replace your wife but to have their own place and help fill your life. Good luck to you. I know that at some point you'll be able to find someone who will rightfully be in your life. Just don't rush it and it'll happen in it's own time.

This post was edited

I lost my wife 16 months ago. We were married 50 years. Nothing can replace the void in my heart. It is very tough to take.
I agree with the other post here. Just keep going and try your best. I fill my life with my hobbies and trying new things . Hang in there folks.

This post was edited

And it is the same for those of us who lost our husbands. Mine will be gone almost 10 years and I still miss him. But I have learned to move on and make new friends. No he will never be replaced by someone but there is always someone out there who can fill the void. It is like a new chapter in my book of life. No one will ever be the same as him and shouldn't be.

This post was edited

Absolutely right, JerseyGirl, you can't replace a loved one with another and that was a problem for the woman I got engaged to. She couldn't understand that there would always be a place in my heart for my late wife and she was jealous of that. Those of us that were happily married do not feel relief when our spouse dies like the person whose divorce becomes final. When you have lived with the same person for 30, 40, 50 years there is a tremendous bond that will not break. It is necessary to fill our voids the best we can with friends and activities and realizing that there will never be enough time to build the same type of relationship with another. I think that a widower marrying a widow would be a better match than marrying a divorcee.

Keeping busy is the key. I worked yesterday and I work tomorrow, I have a potluck luncheon at church today and tonight I will be at a movie night at a friend's home. Friday evening I will be at a naked men's group and Saturday I will be at a pot luck at a naturist resort in Jay, FL. My weeks are not always this full but it sure beats sitting at home alone!

This post was edited

So right, It will never be the same, but we can move on the other things in life. With te good Lords Blessings

This post was edited

Lost mine 3 years ago

This post was edited

I lost my wife two years ago after 41 years of marriage. Although she was not a nudist, she was OK with me being nude around the house, but did not understand why I enjoyed being nude. Yes there is a large void and I find eating meals alone to be the most difficult part. Also waking up in my king bed with the other side empty is also hard.

I have now become a full time nudists and am meeting local people including some women to share my naked time.

This post was edited