Textile Rants

Board shorts for swimming, Who the heck thought this was a good idea?

Textile resorts So just what goes on in them there textile resorts and beaches? Up to no good is what I say . ; )

Let hear your textile rants.

This topic was edited
RE:Textile Rants

Never under stood why men's suites got bigger and womans stayed same when I wear a suite I find the smallest type I can find tho not a speedo it's close and my wife found me a pair with out the mesh

This post was edited

I believe that part of the problem of these horrible suits is caused by the NBA. Basketball players, especially the black guys, didn't like showing a lot of skin so they pushed for longer "shorts". Today some of these guys are covered clear to the shoe tops. Look at pictures of basketball players from the '50's and see what shorts looked like back then. I feel that this trend has bled over to bathing suits.

This post was edited

The NBA observation is interesting and makes sense. Things like that and the media telling us what is beautiful and saying things like 'people don't need to see that' when talking about men in swimsuits etc just ruins the truth that all people are beautiful creations.

This post was edited

I too think that the contrast between men's and women's swimwear is laughable. Still can't fathom as to why a woman will be comfortable wearing four tiny triangular pieces of cloth yet panic if one of them tends to become out of place. Then there is the two part tug when getting out of the water, down at the back of the bottoms and up in the front of the tops.

Board shorts are another joke foisted upon us by the fashion industry, but try to buy anything more reasonable in a department store. I have resorted to two options which enable me freedom of movement, and have never been questioned. At times I wear spandex exercise shorts and only those shorts. I have also found synthetic material sports underwear to be just as comfortable and it dries quickly. Yet given the opportunity to be in the water without any clothing, I do not hesitate no matter who may be around.

Another trend that I have found funny is men wearing a shirt in the water, even at indoor pools. What is that about?

This post was edited

Actually, I think the trend started with the surfers. That became fashion, and then the textiles caught on. But i agree, a total mess.

Don

This post was edited