speedo

If I have to wear a bathing suit, then I'd rather it be small and tight.. bikini/speedo..

This post was edited
Swim Suit

Box cut

This post was edited
RE

It depends on the location. I prefer speedos to swim because that is what they are for. You can't really swim very well with most shorts because they slow you down. I have both, one speedo and one pair of baggy pants. I sometimes take both and decide which one to wear depending whether I will actually swim and what people around are wearing. That said, I prefer the speedo.

This post was edited
RE: If ya gotta wear a swimsuit, baggy pants or speedo?

I've honestly never worn speedos before for swimming. I've tried them on, but the pair I tried was too small. I used to wear those boxer style swim trunks. Later I switched to board shorts.

Despite the way they feel, I'd have to go with board shorts because of their utility. The side pockets are quite deep and there's a cargo pocket with a velcro-bound flap.

This post was edited
RE: none of the above if I can help it.

Bump!

This post was edited

What I find most interesting about this thread is the amount of talk about what people "look" like. If everybody's naked we're all so quick to point out it doesn't matter what you look like, but as soon as you have to put on a swimsuit, it's all about what you look like.
Bingo. Well said.

This post was edited

Well I did not get to read all the posts on this one, but I have worn all three for different occasions, for swimming the best for me is either a speedo or a thong, a thong gives the legs the freedom of movement hindered by the speedo, or baggy swimsuits. But depends on the setting I am in and the reason I am there, but at the end of the day it is about my comfort my convienence, and as long as I am legal I do what is best for me. At my age I am not out to impress anyone.

This post was edited

I would never wear those rediculous baggies. I would think they would be downright dangerous in some swimming situations due to so much drag and weight. When I swim at the YMCA I wear TYR swim shorts. I just bought two pair of Euro cut speedo type suits for an upcoming snorkeling trip to Key West. I did cut the liner out of them to give me a bit more room and they are comfortable.

This post was edited

speedo...i literally lived in 1 for a month on the beach in india...didnt know anybody...im fat and outta shape, but if i couldn't wear nothing...the speedo was next best thing

This post was edited

Despite being someone of the younger generation, I frequently have worn speedos out in the textile world. I am rather skinny and in reasonably good shape and can actually get by with wearing them. (I've always wondered why the in-shape younger guys don't wear them, and instead choose to be very modest wearing large, baggy long shorts) I frequently wear them to the gym pool while swimming for exercise. I also have frequently worn them in the Chesapeake Bay when hanging out on a textile friend's boat who doesn't mind me wearing the speedo. I have also worn them occasionally to the beach, and to public pools. Generally though, I wear a pair of jogging shorts with a 4 inch inseam when I am at textile beaches and public pools. They are baggy, so they "fit in" with what everyone else is wearing, yet they are short enough that they don't feel uncomfortable on my thighs. They also dry quickly. I do wear board shorts on occasion, but rarely ever for swimming, just for everyday wear in the textile world.
Recently however, I have succumbed a little bit to the American style, and I have traded my speedos for a pair of tight trunks. They look like a half-breed between speedos, and biking trunks. They are tight, like speedos, but have legs, abeit short legs (like a pair of boxer-brief underewear) , with a 2 inch inseam. I can still keep a great tan line with them on, and they feel almost like nothing on me, yet they are a little bit more stylish. Besides, my wife really likes the way I look in them, and I can get away with wearing them to more places than the speedos.

Board shorts actualy do have a time and a place for surfing. Although guys wear board shorts these days to be modest, they are long so that the rough surface of a surfboard does not chafe the thighs while paddling out on a surfboard (many guys that surf also wear tight lycra shirts to prevent rash/chafing of the chest too) Board shorts are loose, and don't have a brief liner so that sand and other debris suspended in the water will flow right out, and not get trapped inside where it would cause extreme discomfort on sensitive parts. It's easy to tell guys that are wearing board shorts that aren't really surfers...they are usually the guys wearing underwear underneath their board shorts!

This post was edited