AANR Predecessor

I worked for an insurance company for many years.
There were stories around the office that we insured the organization in the 1950's and/or 1960's when it was located in NJ. When our salesmen and/or inspectors visited them, the office staff was nude.
Does that sound plausible?

This topic was edited
RE:AANR Predecessor

I would like to think so, but probably not. 50s and 60s, probably not.

This post was edited

I would like to think so, but probably not. 50s and 60s, probably not.

More likely then than now.

This post was edited

That was during what was called the golden age of nudism so it was very possible. Though they likely wore shoes and socks while being clothes free back then. It was called the American Sunbathing Association then so you can check to verify. They celebrate their 90th anniversary this year.

This post was edited

Research on this topic could likely come down to a single phone call since AANR headquarters in Kissimmee, Florida has an extensive library on nudism located on the property of Cypress Cove. I'd be slightly surprised if the librarian doesn't know the answer to this question without hesitation.

This post was edited

Im not well read on AANR so Im not sure from your opening statement if the offices were just regular offices in an office block or on an actual nudist resort.

It would make a difference.

This post was edited

It was adjacent to a resort,
We may have insured that also, but there would have been less reason for salesmen to visit there.

This post was edited

If it wasnt part of the resort then I think its probably false as it would be full of non nudist too.

This post was edited

It was adjacent to a resort,We may have insured that also, but there would have been less reason for salesmen to visit there.

Sunshine Park in Mays Landing New Jersey was the home the offices of the American Sunbathing Association. It was founded in the 1930s sometime between 1931-1935 according to different accounts. It remained the association headquarters until founder Rev. Isley Boone was ousted as president.

See info here in naturist wiki

This post was edited

I don't think so. Back then I think nudism was more of a taboo than it is today.

This post was edited

I don't think so. Back then I think nudism was more of a taboo than it is today.

Why do you think so?
Many people including myself, feel the opposite way.
Nudity at men only facilities was common.
There were more clothing optional beaches and campgrounds than there are now.

This post was edited