Newer than new

I have never enaged in nudism, but I want to. I just don't know where to start. I also am still trying to figure this site out! Any help would be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE:Newer than new

Well, there's social nudism, where you interact with actual people, behaving more or less as though you were clothed.

There's solo nudism (some will argue that that's not "real" nudism) which, particularly if you have issues with body image or shame, can be a useful thing in and of itself or a step on the way to social nudism.

Then there's online "nudism", which is immensely removed from real life, because you can tend to get hung up on very minor things - underwear, shaving, body shape - that a few minutes' social interaction would render irrelevant, and because at the keyboard things can get kind of fetishistic or otherwise sexual.

I'd suggest using the site as a tool to find your way to real-life social nudism. Because your profile is private, we can't see just where you are. Do you have access to a nude beach? A resort? A non-landed club (which is a group that doesn't have resort-ish land, but meets in people's houses or occasionally at rented places)? There are a lot of geographic-area groups on here. Find and join those nearest you.

You do NOT have to post nude pictures to the site in order to participate. Anyone who insists that you do is probably not a social nudist, anyway. . You CAN get certified without posting nude pictures (only the site owners see your certification photos. There's lots of paranoid talk about this, but never on the over a decade I've been on the site an actual breach, nor has there been any breach of the age-verification process in the months since MasterCard started requiring that.) Check out the forums, groups, and (with caution) chat.

If you do post nude pics, think about why. Do you want people to simply see, and comment on, your body? Or do you want them to see something about how you live? If all you have is a mirror selfie, take a pass on that and just post a headshot, until you can take a photo interesting enough - if weren't nude - to put on Facebook,

From a private profile, you can certainly explore the site, and eavesdrop on the exchanges and information that pass by. You'll find it difficult to engage with many people, who will see a private profile as the online analog of the guy hiding behind a tree at the nude beach. When you are ready to reach out, I'd suggest making your profile non-private, limiting yourself to posting only what you're comfortable with.

That pretty young thing that likes or friends or messages you out of the blue? It's a scam.

This post was edited

Check out the websites of the federations (like the AANR) . True nudism is made only by the federations. You can experience true nudism in the resorts and nudist clubs which follow the rules of the federations. This website is only good to contact some people. The provider of this website is a swinger website provider. Take this into account.

This post was edited

As an add-on the both Steve & Marcus, look up the resorts listed in the AANR webpage near you and read their description. They will give you a general over view of the place and usually have pictures of the place & sometimes of their visitors. If one is close, give them a call, tell them youre a newbie and ask for a tour. Dont get in a hurry & stick your toe in first. Good luck.

This post was edited

everthing thats new is nervous to do?

This post was edited

everthing thats new is nervous to do?

Id say thats a fair statement. I mean with all that goes on in ones life to suddenly strip it all away(pun intended).

I know the majority of people would never show their naked body in public or to a friend.

This post was edited

Wow! I am beyond amazed at the responses! Thanks to everyone. I've skimmed your messages, but I will read each one more carefully.

I didn't realize my profile was hidden. I think I've taken care of that now. If I haven't, please let me know. I didn't intend to hide. I'm still figuring how this site works. It's pretty complicated for a new-comer, especially an old geezer like me!

Basic info: I'm male, single, gay, 72-years old. Pretty late in life to be venturing into something new like nudism, but why not?

I live in Tucson, AZ.

I'm a retired teacher -- high school, college, university; Theatre, English, Speech. I spent the last 16 years of my professional life teaching HS English on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. Incredible experience!!!

I'm willing to be open (and, obviously, nude!), so if you have questions, ask away.

This post was edited

You might also check out https://cmen.org/az/ and https://www.coppercactusranch.com/ - both part of a network of men-only nudist clubs and venues.

This post was edited

You want to try nudism since your heard about it or its your inner calling. If its later then nothing should bother you and can start by being yourself in the comfort of your home / room. If its the former, then you should consider if you really want to do it.

This post was edited

Its never to late to find the joy of naturism and clothes free living. You have gotten some good advice on where to go to continue and expand your journey. I would only add that what is expressed as nudist online doesnt always align with what is actual social nudism so dont take all your cues from this site as you begin your social do additional research and talk to as wide arrange of people as possible. That should come naturally to you as a former teacher. Let us know how things progress. Stay safe stay clothes free and feel the freedom.

Basic info: I'm male, single, gay, 72-years old. Pretty late in life to be venturing into something new like nudism, but why not?I live in Tucson, AZ.

This post was edited

Thanks so much for your response!

This post was edited