RE:"Nudity-optional" resorts.

In Florida, for my wife and I, we'd prefer Cypress Cove over some of the others. We've been to Paradise Lakes and Caliente and they are not our vibe. Someone with a bit more knowledge of the rest of the resorts and beaches in FL will most likely chime in sometime.

This post was edited

Lake Como just went "all nude" this year.

https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/

This post was edited

We have only tried Caliente. On four different occasions . Twice just for a two hour lunch, and twice for the day. My wife keeps her suit on. We are not swingers. I didnt feel any vibes there. Just a beautiful resort where my wife is comfortable and lets me be naked in front of many people. I have heard good things about Cypress Cove and Lake Como but I dont think you can go wrong with Caliente either.

We had considered only Cypress Cove and Lake Como because we wanted to avoid Caliente's "lifestyle" friendly premise. We're not interested in that, but if the resort is beautiful and we can be there without feeling any pressure from anyone then we may consider it as well.

This post was edited

We have only tried Caliente. On four different occasions . Twice just for a two hour lunch, and twice for the day. My wife keeps her suit on. We are not swingers. I didnt feel any vibes there. Just a beautiful resort where my wife is comfortable and lets me be naked in front of many people. I have heard good things about Cypress Cove and Lake Como but I dont think you can go wrong with Caliente either.We had considered only Cypress Cove and Lake Como because we wanted to avoid Caliente's "lifestyle" friendly premise. We're not interested in that, but if the resort is beautiful and we can be there without feeling any pressure from anyone then we may consider it as well.

From what we've heard, the lifestyle events are mainly just on weekends at Caliente. So if you go during the week, you might not even see any evidence of it even if you stay overnight. Having said that, we just stay with Lake Como when in the Tampa area and Cypress Cove when in the Orlando area.

This post was edited

Lake Como just went "all nude" this year.https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/

Apparently they consulted with our club (Solair in Woodstock, CT) before deciding to change the policy. One of our members (Ronna Crozy) is an AANR trustee and was pretty instrumental in getting Solair chosen for hosting this year's AANR national convention. We bumped into her and her husband back in January at Cypress Cove and they were heading to Lake Como for an AANR event. I guess she helped convince them to go all nude. The funny part is I never knew our club had changed their policy, either! When these types of posts come up I always say I don't think I've ever been to a nudity required club and it doesn't matter to me either way. Turns out I am always at a nudity required club!

I've always liked Lake Como because it is a similar setup to Solair: member-owned, lots of hiking trails, and now I guess I can add "all nude". Can't wait until February when we will be spending a long weekend there before the Bare Necessities nude cruise. I guess the cruise will be our first chance to be at a clothing optional event since... whenever Solair went all nude!

This post was edited

Sad to say Andy. De Anza Springs will no longer be clothing optional after this month. Clothing will be required on all resort property.

This post was edited

What Nudony is saying is true for several of the clubs/resorts we occasionally visit. It starts with the residents. How does someone buy into a nudist community, because they don't have to wear clothes, and all they do is wear clothes. I asked some of these people at Laguna Del Sol, Mira Vista, Olive Dell, DeAnza and the common response was, "we were naked all the time, after a while you just get bored with it."So, if the full time residents are clothed more than naked, that rubs off on members. Pretty soon, hardly anyone is nude outside the pool area and if you are, you're looked at as weird or strange. It's one of the reasons my wife isn't that eager to return to Glen Eden as frequently as we used to. If we do, it's to RV camp and we just remain at our site and stay naked. We do go for walks naked and you would think the way some of the residents look at you, you were walking naked out in public and not within the confines of a nudist club/community.

On the other hand, people here and on another nudist site where I participate have mentioned retiring to a clothing optional resort and only wearing clothing when they go off site.

This post was edited

I think it's appropriate for resorts to define appropriate clothing related to specific activities only, such as the swimming and whirlpool. Otherwise nudity feels contrived or forced. I'm generally the most enthusiastic and the least self-conscious about social nudity, but putting on a t-shirt or robe after getting out of a pool when the sun isn't shining is comforting to me. Would a t-shirt that is 2 inches shorter or longer make me naked enough or not? Are there nudity standards and policing?

This post was edited

When I'm at Laguna del Sol here in California, I sometimes wear a sort of open-front tunic after I've had a lot of sun exposure, to cover my back and arms. Nobody has remarked on it.

And at another place, when it got chilly, I wore a bathrobe. Again, I got no reprimand for it.

This post was edited

If it gets a little chilly at the resort, my wife will sometimes wear a mesh cover-up/robe that she leaves open. One of our friends is leery of skin cancer, so after tanning nude for a while she'll put on a T-shirt that she'll remove once the sun goes down. We know one lady who will wrap herself in a towel every now and again while walking around or eating. No one has issues with it.

Even "nude-mandatory" resorts understand that "naked in all circumstances" is not a good business model.

This post was edited