5th October 2023

Aiming for a walk from The Crooked Billet in Saxton on Thursday starting at 10.30. Message me for more info. Never seem to attract (m)any from TN so not going overboard on detail!

This topic was edited
RE:5th October 2023

I think I'd like to join you Peter. Previously I have ignored some geocaches around this route (apart from the famous tree climb that is), but if others don't mind I would like to find at least one that is right by the route on a footbridge over the appropriately named brook, it sounds like a fun find that might amuse everyone much as the tree climb did (apparently!) It's only 50m off our route as is the next, a quarter of a mile further on. There is then a cache 400m off our route in the woods which we could go for only if all are keen. Finally there is a fourth cache by the church/chapel by Hazlewood Castle, 130m off our usual route and looks to be an interesting ancient chapel (c1283-5) that some might like to explore, but it would be clothed, of course. The cache page does have a potted history of the chapel if anyone is really interested, although I'd be surprised if there aren't information boards there anyway.

Can I join you?

This post was edited