Tops no Longer Required in Kansas

I recently read that women may be topless anywhere in Kansas where men are allowed to be topless. This kills the law in Topeka (I think that's the right city) where it was expressly illegal to expose female breasts.

Not a huge step, but it is a step in the right direction.

This topic was edited
RE:Tops no Longer Required in Kansas

... women may be topless anywhere in Kansas ...
Yeah, that's right.
In a addition to Kansas, 5 other states are included here in this thread.

If you follow the links on the article on post #1, there are LEO from those states that did not like
the ruling and have expressed to enforce the unenforceable.

I guess they can "bully" their way, especially, if you don't know the law.

Also in that article is an embedded youtube video that shows arguments
for and against toplessness, it's quite educational.
It offers a glimpse of what other people think when it comes to uncovering a portion of the human body,

This post was edited

... women may be topless anywhere in Kansas ...Yeah, that's right.In a addition to Kansas, 5 other states are included here in this thread.If you follow the links on the article on post #1, there are LEO from those states that did not likethe ruling and have expressed to enforce the unenforceable.I guess they can "bully" their way, especially, if you don't know the law.Also in that article is an embedded youtube video that shows argumentsfor and against toplessness, it's quite educational.It offers a glimpse of what other people think when it comes to uncovering a portion of the human body,
Actually 8.
My home state of NJ is not one of them.
In fact there was a proposal in one of the beach towns, Asbury Park, to permit women to be topless on a lightly used stretch of the beach,
There was such a public outcry against it that it never even came to a vote.

This post was edited

Not wanting to be controversial or talk out of place, although this comment will most probably be deemed as such.....whilst allowing being topless in Kansas is at least a step forward.......looking from afar.......it is so hard to comprehend the puritanical stance of the USA towards naturism/nudism......has me wondering what the Statue Of Liberty actually stands for?!?!?

This post was edited

Not wanting to be controversial or talk out of place, although this comment will most probably be deemed as such.....whilst allowing being topless in Kansas is at least a step forward.......looking from afar.......it is so hard to comprehend the puritanical stance of the USA towards naturism/nudism......has me wondering what the Statue Of Liberty actually stands for?!?!?

No thats not controversial at all....No that was a gift from France actually.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Its more about immigrants and immigration....And being welcoming.....Kinda sad some here forget its true meaning.

This post was edited

Thank you Sedona, for including that inspiring quote from Lady Liberty. Unfortunately, I think the general population now knows more about that statue through Liberty Mutual unsurance commercials than learning about an honest accounting of American history. Yes, I meant to spell it that way.

I would like to add that the initial idea of Lady Liberty had more to do with American independence and the liberation of America's slaves than immigration. First thoughts on creating the statue came right at the end of America's civil war, with a French man's notion to erect a symbol of connection between France and America, the early attempts at equality for persons of color in America, the perseverance of democracy in the world, and the centennial of American independence. The statue is depicted as stepping forward out of the bonds of slavery in the way of a broken shackle and chains at her feet, her right foot raised in its movement forward over these symbols of bondage.

The moving quote Sedona offers below is on a plaque inside the statue, affixed there in 1903, and has surely inspired millions of people from all around the world to search for their own personal freedom here in America.

Let us not forget where we come from - we come from everywhere - and remember that there were people already here when Europeans began descending upon these shores five hundred years ago, bringing many ideas and arcane practices along with them, things we all have to remember. We will remember, and never neglect to teach to our children, or shy away from the truth of where we've been, so they can learn and try to avoid the mistakes along this bumpy, often bloody, road toward liberty for all. Vive la France and rest in peace Marquis de Lafayette!

...it is so hard to comprehend the puritanical stance of the USA towards naturism/nudism......has me wondering what the Statue Of Liberty actually stands for?!?!?No thats not controversial at all....No that was a gift from France actually."Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"Its more about immigrants and immigration....And being welcoming.....Kinda sad some here forget its true meaning.

This post was edited

The laws around nudity, especially whether someone can be topless are ridiculous in the extreme.
I have seen guys with bigger breasts than some women have, yet they are not required to cover up.
This smacks of sexism - a male can be topless but a female can't so it comes down to their gender.
Human rights say you can't discriminate based on gender.
A girl of 5 years old has no breasts, yet wears a bikini top at the beach.
A boy of the same age also has no breasts and does not have to wear a top.
Why the difference?

This post was edited

It's not the Statue of Liberty, but the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. The Declaration states that we have the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. We established a government to protect those rights, yet our governments fail to do so. They've passed laws that deprive many people of their freedom on "moral" grounds. Those laws do not protect our rights, but rather impose restrictions to freedom based mostly on religious "morality" grounds. In my opinion, these laws are unconstitutional. The Constitution states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. While there is no federal law against public nudity, I believe the constitutionality of state and local laws should be challenged.

Laws should only exist for one purpose; to protect everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Public nudity deprives no one of those rights, except the religious who feel they have a right to impose their religious beliefs and "morality" on everyone else. They do not, yet we the people have allowed them to do so.

This post was edited

It's not the Statue of Liberty, but the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. The Declaration states that we have the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. We established a government to protect those rights, yet our governments fail to do so. They've passed laws that deprive many people of their freedom on "moral" grounds. Those laws do not protect our rights, but rather impose restrictions to freedom based mostly on religious "morality" grounds. In my opinion, these laws are unconstitutional. The Constitution states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. While there is no federal law against public nudity, I believe the constitutionality of state and local laws should be challenged.Laws should only exist for one purpose; to protect everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Public nudity deprives no one of those rights, except the religious who feel they have a right to impose their religious beliefs and "morality" on everyone else. They do not, yet we the people have allowed them to do so.

Well thats kida of a rant...But you did miss out the (most)Religious part of all of it. In the 80s they decided to bring Religion in and pass laws to reinforce some peoples religion. So yes life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but also the right to your own religion even if you have none. Its the Religious people who are against most everything and cram it down my throat. Nudity would be very high on their chart of evil and bad! So the leading point is Religion and government going along, pushing it. Thats how I see it, the same but backwards of yours.

This post was edited

It's not the Statue of Liberty, but the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. The Declaration states that we have the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. We established a government to protect those rights, yet our governments fail to do so. They've passed laws that deprive many people of their freedom on "moral" grounds. Those laws do not protect our rights, but rather impose restrictions to freedom based mostly on religious "morality" grounds. In my opinion, these laws are unconstitutional. The Constitution states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. While there is no federal law against public nudity, I believe the constitutionality of state and local laws should be challenged.Laws should only exist for one purpose; to protect everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Public nudity deprives no one of those rights, except the religious who feel they have a right to impose their religious beliefs and "morality" on everyone else. They do not, yet we the people have allowed them to do so.Well thats kida of a rant...But you did miss out the (most)Religious part of all of it. In the 80s they decided to bring Religion in and pass laws to reinforce some peoples religion. So yes life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but also the right to your own religion even if you have none. Its the Religious people who are against most everything and cram it down my throat. Nudity would be very high on their chart of evil and bad! So the leading point is Religion and government going along, pushing it. Thats how I see it, the same but backwards of yours.
What laws do you think reinforce religion?

This post was edited

It's not the Statue of Liberty, but the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. The Declaration states that we have the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. We established a government to protect those rights, yet our governments fail to do so. They've passed laws that deprive many people of their freedom on "moral" grounds. Those laws do not protect our rights, but rather impose restrictions to freedom based mostly on religious "morality" grounds. In my opinion, these laws are unconstitutional. The Constitution states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. While there is no federal law against public nudity, I believe the constitutionality of state and local laws should be challenged.Laws should only exist for one purpose; to protect everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Public nudity deprives no one of those rights, except the religious who feel they have a right to impose their religious beliefs and "morality" on everyone else. They do not, yet we the people have allowed them to do so.Well thats kida of a rant...But you did miss out the (most)Religious part of all of it. In the 80s they decided to bring Religion in and pass laws to reinforce some peoples religion. So yes life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but also the right to your own religion even if you have none. Its the Religious people who are against most everything and cram it down my throat. Nudity would be very high on their chart of evil and bad! So the leading point is Religion and government going along, pushing it. Thats how I see it, the same but backwards of yours.What laws do you think reinforce religion?

Abortion.....During a pandemic, keeping churches open and nothing happened. Refusing to make cakes for gay couples. when I was a kid you were to pray at school, out loud. Any time people get paid for a religious holiday. Gay marriage. Lack of rights for LGBTQ people. Thats just a few off the top of my head!

This post was edited