The new A. I. here is SILLY

The bots are filtering out way to many words. We are getting messages that we can't understand because several words were young. If you see [removed] at the end of the last sentence it wasn't typed, we typed y0ung but with an O instead of 0.
Goes hand in hand with the A. I. that certifies the profiles but in the opposite direction. Way too many fake accounts are getting through the verification process.

This topic was edited
RE:The new A. I. here is SILLY

When are they going to activate Skynet?
Guess they are trying to eliminate, as they call it in the Matrix, the "Human Virus".
Shame to think that freedom to be yourself is almost gone now. Interesting to see what is next.
Feel sorry for the website owners and managers that their financial future is controlled by the credit card companies and what they consider "OK".

This post was edited

In my opinion, to use the letters A.I. for any program that runs and spits out a decision is improper. This term for computer control is much more specific in nature. Sequences of ones and zeros have come a long way since the very first electronic calculators were created, and I'm sure those devices were looked upon as near magical to the people of the time. And I remember, not very far in the past, if a computer made a mistake it was a newsworthy story. Basic computers now make billions of decisions in nanoseconds. Even "If not, then" statements can appear as a form of rudimentary intelligence, depending on your knowledge of the subject. This is long way away from Mr. Data, or Haley Joel Osment's character David in "A.I. Artificial Intelligence".

Incorrect use of a term reminds me of those among us who cannot stop using the word 'literally' in every other sentence they utter, even when there's nothing literal at all about what they are saying. It makes them sound ignorant, literally. Words have meaning and power, and misused, they can be detrimental to the furthering of any discussion.

In a deeper dig -- I'm worried for the world when it comes to true artificial intelligence, and my concern is much more because, for the most part, people are embracing the insidious computer takeover of our daily lives. The creature comforts that do increase due to the slow (but seemingly picking up speed) upswing in software that 'thinks' for us, without at least a little human oversight involved, are not worth the dangers. Everything from self-driven cars running over pedestrians, all the way down to my coffeepot's auto-shut off not engaging when I'm trying to pour a cup before it is done brewing (okay - that is faulty hardware, but stick with me), that causing a spark and a fire and a burned down home, we are losing our minds with how far we will let computers take control. Our intelligence is waning as our inventions are learning. There should be a time when we, as a species, do check this progression and reel it in, though I fear it is already too late.

School yourself on the subject - "Dr. Strangelove" would be a wonderful place to begin, if you haven't seen it yet and you enjoy a black comedy, or dive into "Fail Safe" or "Colossus: The Forbin Project" for much bleaker and sobering takes on computers gone wild. For less-ancient cinema to learn about the real, ultimately deadly danger of letting computers take over, try "Terminator". Oh yeah, he'll be back alright - and you'll be dead!

This post was edited

In my opinion, to use the letters A.I. for any program that runs and spits out a decision is improper.

I agree. I chalk it up to the fact that the term A.I. s a buzz word right now in the media.

This post was edited

I must respectfully disagree with the prior post. AI is the strict & literal application of the rules written into a computer program. To say that our current AI is smart is a completely inaccurate application of the term. Though it (AI) may be able to review thousands of stored relevant data & apply it quickly, being smart never figures into the equation. Perhaps the best analogies might be Data (Star Trek), Hal (2001) or even the Tin Man (Oz), all theoretical beings looking for human traits, of which *smarts*, is obviously key. And if or when AI develops real smarts, I suspect our days are numbered.

This post was edited
Category: [Removals] for $10. Answer: A point in time

Question: What is a [removed]ent?

This post was edited
RE:Category: [Removals] for $10. Answer: A point in time

"I'm sorry, Vanna, but your answer isn't allowed & I can't let you do that." Sometimes it just borders on lunacy, doesn't it?

This post was edited

The new and improved way in TN to reference the person who begets is 'mama' and the person does the begetting is a 'muthafucka'.

Yes, it would be funny if it wasn't so asinine.

This post was edited

I encountered this miss-editing for the first time on this site when I reread a comment I made re Navidad, the "dad" was [removed]. It embarrassed me a little because I thought someone reading it might think I used an impolite word. Why would "dad" be triggered anyway? If I submit a recipe with cardamom, will it show up as "carda[removed]?

This post was edited

Question: What is a [removed]ent?

Moment. Didn't you know the word "Mom" is sexist ;)

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

This is interesting. In the forum list of posts, the "bad" words are still being censored, but they are not censored in the actual post.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited