Joe the Plumber who is he really?

Now for me in creating this group it is for Joe the Plummer. I have heard hundreds of professional sermons, professional music, professional ministry and often I doubt their sincerity. When Joe the Plummer or Jill the Plummer gets up and with no profit motive just tells me what is on her heart and about her relationship with God. That gets my attention. So many people call their business a ministry, why is that? The point I am making is so much of what we see inside the church is the same shuck and jive going on outside the Church. Jesus cleansed the temple of the money changers, but at many of my local mega churches they have coffee shops, book store, clothing store, "TV Ministry" to the shut ins etc. Which is better "TV Ministry" or getting off your ASS (he said ass) and visiting the shut ins?
I was asked if Homosexuals can be Christians? maybe we should ask ourselves that question? (if we can be Christians).
Now my image of Lutherism is this: It is a congregation of sinners, saved by grace, encourging each other to live a more Godly life.
Now that is not an official description, but it is mine and how I see my group, now if I go back to the Episcopal Church likely it will also apply. I think we need to stop catogorizing people based on their sex lives and see them all people as human beings, sinners fallen and sinners saved by grace and encourge one another to live a Godly life. It is not about being a rigid example following the rules, that is no example at all. It is about joyfully living and overcoming the problems of life and loving God and others in the process.
I beleive Joe the Plummer is Gay and Straight, is a criminal, is a W.A.S.P. is of all walks of life and from all parts of the world.
We are fortunate to be in the Church and have opportunity to love others even our enemies, even the least among us, even if the least is us.

This topic was edited
RE: Joe the Plumber who is he really?

"I was asked if Homosexuals can be Christians? "
Hello Poet. That question is so very important and applies to anyone caught up in sinful lifestyles, whether it be homosexuality, promiscuity, fornication or immorality. The Scripture says that the Blood of Christ cleanses from ALL sin, 1 John 1, vv 7-9 yet many churches and Christians believe otherwise, they sinfully limit the Power of God by doing so and effectively say Christ's Blood only cleanses from some sins and not others.
One of the worst and most despicable examples of that is Mr. Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.
Regards. John S.

This post was edited