RE: Barefoot off-trail hiking

What has scared me, are wild hogs. They seem to be getting bigger and meaner. Good thing that they make a lot of noise. I can hear before seeing them and bypass them. I try to free hike once a week. I can't stay to sit still to get a suntan.
We don't have many wild hogs here and the few I have seen have run when the saw me from a long distance.
Thomas

This post was edited

Wild hogs and wolves both scare me...don't want to run into them alone, lol! We've got a lot of feral hogs down here in SE TX, and they can tear up a yard in an evening (not to mention the front end of a car). I hear wolves pretty ofter here at the edge of town, and found a dead grey wolf on a remote road a couple of miles from home a few months ago. He was easily twice the size of a coyote.
Gator1

This post was edited
RE: Barefoot Off Trail Hiking

Very good post nudistjoe, I grew up in the country and so grew up barefoot. There are times when I am barefoot even when I can't be nude.
I almost got caught yesterday, was about to step out of the woods whle on my nude hike and saw that the people who own the ranch next to me were working on the fence about 100 feet from me.

This post was edited

barefoot is the final challenge in nude hiking have tried it short distance but usually poke something in my foot considering some mocassins as i like to have something to slip off easy if i cross a creek. don't hike enough as i have to drive a distance to get to a good trail.

This post was edited

Poison ivy - rub some isopropyl alcohol 91% strength on body parts and it comes off instantly. For dog and cat paws too.

This post was edited

As much as a nudist I am, I still wouldn't hike barefoot, because you could cut your foot on something. A cut could get infected, because it is hard to keep your feet clean. A diabetic especially shouldn't hike barefoot, because a foot infection could result in amputation.

This post was edited

As much as a nudist I am, I still wouldn't hike barefoot, because you could cut your foot on something. A cut could get infected, because it is hard to keep your feet clean. A diabetic especially shouldn't hike barefoot, because a foot infection could result in amputation.
Very good point Catbird. Ten years ago I got a foot infection without even breaking the skin! Don't know how or why, but I nearly lost my foot. It started off as a small blood blister on the side of my big toe, and it just got bigger and bigger. Whole foot blew up like a football. Ended up with an open wound right over the top of my whole foot (you do NOT want to see the picture) Two weeks in Hospital where it developed into blood poisoning, came home for a week and then had to go back in for another two weeks. I was laid up for 3 MONTHS, and it's left me with a frozen joint and a bent toe, not to mention the scar:(

You really can't be too careful with your feet, but I still love to go barefoot around the house and garden, or if I can find some grass when out in the countryside :)

This post was edited

it amazes me that when i was a kid i went barefoot all the time playing many times in woods now if i was to do it i'd jam something in my toe.

This post was edited

I too remember barefooting all over the place as a youngster. Now, forget it except indoors and on my own yard.

This post was edited

Looking through the posts on this subject here looks like we in good old Great Britain don't go outside clothes free, I for one when the sun shines that is enjoy going out into the countryside here near to Cambridge and enjoy a fine walk clothes free and relaxed as I walk along.
I am sure there are more here in the UK who enjoy that freedom to walk naked where are you?

This post was edited