RE: Clothes optional beaches

I personally never wear any clothes at clothing optional beaches, but there have been on occasion where my wife would wear a G-string during her period, so I agree with the choice. As for having lurkers walking the beach oogling at the naked people that is part of going nude.
On the other hand I have also been to textile beaches where we have been oogled in our G-strings even worse that when we were nude, and we have went nude on secluded textile beaches numbers of times where people just walked by and didn't have an issue with us being nude, we have even held conversations while being nude to textiles on a secluded beach

This post was edited

I don't mind giving the women a chance to partially cover when they feel cold or just want to. I wish more were naked too.

This post was edited

I agree that CO beaches gives couples a chance to go out and enjoy when 1 is a nudist and the other is not. When and if the partner decides to join the freedom of being nude, they will have the choice.

This post was edited

I agree with the general view in that CO is a more welcoming environment than mandatory nude. It allows couples or groups where not everyone is comfortable nude to remain together. My experience is that most people on CO beaches tend to be nude anyway and being nude amongst others some of whom may never go nude really doesn't matter as long the non-nudists don't care either. Many of us nervous to start with decide to go nude for the first on CO beaches and then never look back.
Having found that being nude is so much nicer if I know that a beach is CO I will readily go nude even in a minority of one simply because I know it is accepted there. Even official nude beaches are largely CO because people often walk by so; beaches are public and if you never don't want to be seen nude by non-nudists stick to a resort or club.

This post was edited

Clothed on a CO beach is like going to a fine French restaurant and ordering a glass of water and a toothpick.

This post was edited

The previous message explains it excellently! This was exactly my point!

This post was edited

CO beaches would be all well and fine if TEXTILE beaches became CO, but that NEVER happens. It's always the nude beaches that become CO and that simply means there is one less nude beach.Very interesting statement. In all the discussions around CO vs nude this had not been brought up and I had not thought about it. I'm not sure it 'always' means there is one less beach you can go to nude but the trend is there. Thus the key is to reverse the trend and get textile beaches to become CO.

This post was edited

I'm afraid that will never happen. So why should nude beaches become CO? If there was a SINGLE textile beach in the USA that created a CO section, I'd be open to the concept. Otherwise it's simply a way of textiles to overtake a traditional nude beach. Nude is nude. If you want to go to a beach and wear your clothes, 99.9% of the beaches are there for you to use. When you are ready for a nude beach, come on down. Otherwise, stay where you are comfortable and we'll do the same. I don't think that is asking too much.

This post was edited

I'm using "you" in the general sense. I'm not addressing anyone on this site ;-).

This post was edited

The internet has probably done a lot to hurt nude beaches. The nude beaches were easier to find so more people went there for many reasons other than being nude. Nude beaches are all public beaches so a person could not be forced to disrobe. Only a private location can enforce a no clothing rule. The secret is out on a lot of these places and there's very little we nudists can do about it except to visit the beaches and continue to be nude.

This post was edited