What states have legal nude beaches?

I know florida does but who else?

This topic was edited
RE: What states have legal nude beaches?

Oregon does. Rooster rock state park is just east of Portland. There's a clothing optional area on the east side of the park. Also Collins beach on Sauve Island about 20mintues drive west of Portland. It's a bit of a drive, but worth the visit.
My home state of Washington doesn't have any public nudist areas anymore, but there ARE several private landed clubs. So far as I know, they're all listed on this site.

This post was edited

texas also has one, hippie hollow in austin....sandy hook in new jersey....probably some in california, although i don't know about there

This post was edited

What about Vantage Beach on the George side of the Vantage Bridge (Vantage WA) BLM land that is legal nude beach?
BTW, it is on the way to the greatest outdoor concert venue in George, WA. Google Vantage Beach for directions.

This post was edited
RE: NC

New South Wales does....but that's a state in Australia.

This post was edited
Legal places in the Northeast

Sandy Hook beach in New Jersey is a legal nude beach, often crowded with about 3-5,000 people. In New York, Fire Island has an area designated as nude also. It is also acceptable in NY for wormen to go topless in public in any location where males can go without a shirt. Although, technically not legal, a NY supreme court ruling made it unfeasablefor local agencies to prosecute for it. Google Top Free Seven, Rochester, NY for more information.

This post was edited
RE: Legal places in the Northeast

Even if you could find a "beach" in Kentucky, there is less than a snowball's prayer in hades. To expose yourself and cause "shock or alarm" to any person under the age of 18 is a class a misdemeaner (I think second offense is automatically a felony). Over the age of 18 is a class b misdemeaner. To be able to open a public area for nudity requires the consent and approval of the local county judge executive/magistrate, who are elected officials. There have been more than three attempts that I am aware of, one came really close, however the local churches are more than adequate to sway the authorizing agent. Therefore, nil, nadda, not gonna happen. Oh, and just so you get the idea, if stepping out of the shower in your own home you "shock or alarm" someone who was not authorized to be in your bathroom, tough, it's still a misdemeaner. The only exception is your direct spouse. You don't even want to know what happens if a minor is involved....trust me.
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
States with legaL beaches

In Aus.. Swifthawke is correct New South Wales does.. where Sydney is located however all states and territories have legal beaches EXCEPT Queensland... who are fighting to get one legal beach..

cheers
beverley

This post was edited

Where in Tenn. do you go?

This post was edited

Does anyone know of a nude beach here on Lake Erie????

Thanks,

Steve

This post was edited

There is a big difference in the US between nude tolerated and nude legal. Haulover in FL is the only legal nude beach in that state. Sauvie Island's Collins Beach & Rooster Rock in OR (I believe there's another that was just established there.
Long Island, NY's has the beach on Robert Moses State land, but that is nude tolerated. California has nude allowed/tolerated beaches.
Gunnison Beach on Sandy Hook is legally nude.
Cheri

This post was edited