Chat Problems

Does anyone else have the problem of everything looking like an arabic language in the chat room? I use to be able to use it fine and it started doing this awhile back and makes it unusable for me...

This topic was edited
RE: Chat Problems

I use IE8 and it works fine too. I just got automatic update for flash, chat worked both before and after the update.

This post was edited

I use Safari on my Mac and it works fine.

This post was edited
Me too

I have this problem too. I believe mine started when I reinstalled VMware player on the same machine. VMware is known to mess with fonts. Chat works fine on all my other machines with similar set-ups less VMware.

This post was edited
Problems and issues with chat and site

Why has my photo been approved, but i can't get on chat. Furthermore, my photo does not show in any group I am in (as of the last time i was in them) plus when I go to update my pictures, they are not there and it still says my profile is locked. I have also noticed that when I go to update my photos the number of visitors to my profile changes as does the number of friends I have. I also still cannot get to my messages and friend requests from the news bulletins. I have to go into my email and get to them from the message that is sent to me. Plus if I update my profile and then go back to update it again the other changes are gone. Can someone tell me if there is a glitch to this site. Because I am not exactly happy. (Sorry to ramble a little)

This post was edited
Getting into chat

I click on the enter chat, I agree, and nothing happens. Any reccommendations?

This post was edited

"Does anyone else have the problem of everything looking like an arabic language in the chat room?"

Ya this is the same problem I have been putging up with. if you click on the history button (top right) a window opens and is readable but you have to keep opening a new widow to see whats going on. I started a dif. thread a couples days back about this same problem. I am using firefox 3.5.9 and think it has flash 10. something installed. other chat sites work fine.

This post was edited

in my profile I have up loaded a pic of the chat text you can see.

This post was edited

Well I have tried doing some upgrades and updates. I now have the problem narrowed down to Flash plugin. Fire Fox says it needs to be installed and the computer says it is installed. Now its just a matter of getting them both to agree on which it is.

This post was edited
RE: Getting into chat

Hey "cheridona"...... actually i was also getting the same problem......... but now i got the solution..-
"whichever internet explorer u r using...... like if u r using a normal microsoft inter. exp. then as u "click" for the chat option a green meter starts filling........ "do'nt" click further as soon as the meter is full and the bottom toolbar shows "Done".. since it usually takes that time for prossesing chatroom....
if u got this information helpful please reply..... had a nice time"bye".

This post was edited
RE: Getting into chat

Hey "cheridona"...... actually i was also getting the same problem......... but now i got the solution..- "whichever internet explorer u r using...... like if u r using a normal microsoft inter. exp. then as u "click" for the chat option a green meter starts filling........ "do'nt" click further as soon as the meter is full and the bottom toolbar shows "Done".. since it usually takes that time for prossesing chatroom.... if u got this information helpful please reply..... had a nice time "bye".

I appreciate the attempt to help, but that's not the case. I am pretty computer literate - started in the early 90s to be online. I click once only. In fact, I clicked went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and came back; nothing happened. BTW, please call me Cheri. Donna is my middle name and that'll be less typing for you.

This post was edited