RE: Site Not Helpful For Finding Friends

I've found a few new 'friends' in the local area byjoining the local club. You go to a few of their publishedoutings / events and get to know the crew. If it's a smallergroup, I suspect it would work better. Good luck.John.
The key here is that John made the move to check out the
publicized outings. He didn't wait for a personal invitation or
someone to take him by the hand. He made the move himself. We
advertise our events all the time but if no one has the motivation
to attend, they will never join us. We can't make them come.

This post was edited

Then I suggest creating your own nudist group. MeetUp.com is great at that.I have created my own non-landed group here twice. The first time, it didn't get very much participation online, and it got none offline. I didn't promote it, either. This time, I started Texas Naturists here and on Facebook, and I will promote them, if they sustain themselves financially. I'm going to put a site up at TexasNaturists.com (I think that's the address I purchased) as soon as I have time, and hopefully that will generate revenue. Right now, I'm launching two other sites, and that's not the highest priority one.

This post was edited

Sorry to hear you have nothing local Jim, I think it's easier to make real friends by meeting them face to face rather than from a website, a local club or holiday resort is best.Just had a look at your profile, you seem to have found some friends, judging by the pics on your profile.SThose pics aren't of friends, unless you're talking about the ones in my friends list. Also, I'm talking about friends that I can hang out with in the dirt world not just cyber world. I should have been more clear.

This post was edited

Jim, I totally apprciate your frustration. I seek genuine folks as well and they are hard to come by for all kinds of legitimate reasons. It takes work but it can be done. I have made some friends through this site.Just curious why you have pictures posted from the internet without explaining the connection to your profile? This might be a red flag for some.I don't know why that would be a red flag, but I have had some negative feedback. I thought it would be good to show that I'm genuinely interested in the naturist lifestyle by posting photos of people doing things that I would also enjoy doing as well. You're right that some people are going to have a negative reaction to them, but if they're that negative and have such knee jerk reactions, unlike yourself, I don't want to hang out with them, anyway.
You've been a good friend and very understanding, and I appreciate it a lot.

This post was edited

Jim, I totally apprciate your frustration. I seek genuine folks as well and they are hard to come by for all kinds of legitimate reasons. It takes work but it can be done. I have made some friends through this site.Just curious why you have pictures posted from the internet without explaining the connection to your profile? This might be a red flag for some.I don't know why that would be a red flag, but I have had some negative feedback. I thought it would be good to show that I'm genuinely interested in the naturist lifestyle by posting photos of people doing things that I would also enjoy doing as well. You're right that some people are going to have a negative reaction to them, but if they're that negative and have such knee jerk reactions, unlike yourself, I don't want to hang out with them, anyway.

Generally, the genuine members here only post pictures of themselves and their friends and personal experiences. Just a suggestion if you want to go with the flow.

This post was edited

Jim, if I saw one of our pics on your profile I'd be very pissed off.

This post was edited

Jim, if I saw one of our pics on your profile I'd be very pissed off.Why and which ones? They are nudists enjoying the same nudist activities that I would enjoy. If people are that negative and close minded, I'm not sure I would want to befriend them anyway. Also, if I had no photos except my main one of myself, that would also piss some people off. I can't please everyone all of the time.

This post was edited

Generally, the genuine members here only post pictures of themselves and their friends and personal experiences. Just a suggestion if you want to go with the flow.I understand that, John, and I appreciate your insight. The problem is, I have no photos of myself enjoying living nude, but I suppose I could take some selfies. Of course, if I were to be able to make some friends that were willing to take the photos, then that would solve the problem. I've only made one local friend who hangs out in the nude, and we've been friends for years. He's in Lubbock, but I'll drive there when it's warm, and he can take some photos.
Also, some of the 'resorts' I've been looking at have a strict "no cameras" policy, so it would be hard to get photos of myself there.

This post was edited

I've been a member here for awhile now, and I know that some of the problem has to do with my locale, but I haven't found this site very helpful in locating nudist friends. There's all kinds of road blocks set up by people. Do you know of another site (not swinging) that might be helpful?

I really don't understand the obsession with photos. Either I have too many, not enogh, the wrong kind or whatever. The naturist lifestyle isn't about photo sharing no more so than it is about swinging or hooking up. Pictures of me posing on a bed, in front of a bathroom mirror, etc., would be stupid, and they would not depict the lifestyle or belief system. And, if I posted such, I would be criticized for them as well. The lifestyle isn't about exhibitionism, showing ones crotch or butt to the world. Such depictions make us all look stupid and give the lifestyle a bad reputation.

This post was edited

The point that I and others are trying to make is those pictures do
not belong to you and you do not have permission from the people in
those pictures to use on your profile.

If you can not, see that it is wrong, then perhaps this is the
reason you are finding it difficult to make friends.

This post was edited