RE: I'm Doing It: First Social Experience

I commend you for taking a walk on the wild side, or at least honoring a part of you that you have not been able to explore beyond the confines of your home. I anticipate it will be a liberating experience and wish you luck!

This post was edited

I'm so excited and nervous! After years of enjoying naturism all by myself, I'm visiting a club for the first time this week. I had a business trip planned to go to Oklahoma City this week, so I decided to leave a day early and spend Thursday night at a place between OKC and Tulsa. Since it's still winter, and I haven't bought camping supplies like a tent, I've decided to rent a cabin for the night. I hope the temperature is comfortable that afternoon, and my disabilities don't interfere too much, so I can make the best of the experience. I will blog about it all on my home/profile page here, laterI just have a minute, but the first thing I must say is that the countryside around Oaklake Trails is absolutely beautiful. There's rolling hills and a small canyon that envelope the campground, and there's meadows right up to the edge for just hanging out or camping on. The meadows are naturally clear, and there's forests all around with trails running through them all The trees were bare, and I still thought it was pretty; I can't imagine what it will look like in the spring and summer. I had no idea Eastern Oklahoma was so pretty!
The little cabin I stayed in was quaint yet comfortable.
It was nice to get out of the city and enjoy the quiet countryside.
It was just a bit chilly in the morning with temps in the 40s and 50s., so the few couples that I met that were residents of the campground covered up with bath robes which is what I had planned on doing as well. Later in the day it warmed into the 60s for a few hours, and robes came off, and everyone made a bee line for the hot tub. Unfortunately, they did not have the jets on, but the water was warm and steamy. It reminded me a bit of being in hot springs in Idaho and such. The couples were very nice, and the staff was great. I felt fairly young, because it seemed the few people that were there were older than I. Everyone, including myself were perfectly comfortable around one another.
As I suspected I would not, I had no inhibitions at all about shedding my robe and lounging on a deck lounge chair. The clubhouse formed a wind break, and the sun was shining bright, and I thought I might fall asleep.
Now, the only thing that struck me is odd as there was no fence out front by the little county road that off the state highway to the campground except for perhaps barbed wire or an electric fence. The driveway was gated, and there was a security camera, but it was really quite open which I liked. The forest would have formed a natural barrier, if they had not been naked, but it didn't really matter to me either way. Heck, I would be nude everywhere all of the time, if I could.
Back to the campground for a minute. I was really surprised at how well maintained it was. Some folks had really paid a lot of attention to detail. It was far better than many KOAs and other campgrounds I've seen around the USA and world. Every path around the improved sites, office, pool, playground, etc. was well marked and lit and had pea gravel down on it. It was all very appealing.
I will definitely be returning when it warms up some, and I'll likely the other places around the DFW perhaps on the same trip to draw comparisons.

This post was edited

Glad you had a nice time and were not persuaded to cancel because of that diatribe about it being too cold in Oklahoma in the winter. A comfortable temperature is relevant and it can be very comfortable in the sun though the numbers on a shaded thermometer suggest that you should be shivering. There are three universities in Michigan's Upper Peninsula which can get more that two or three hundred of inches of snow each winter. As soon as it hits the fifties on a sunny day, the jackets of winter come off and you can find students with their blankets on top of snow banks sunning themselves. Unfortunately, nude sunbathingis frowned upon on campus.

This post was edited

Been wanting to go to a nudist resort with my wife but haven't quite made it yet. Was planning on doing it this summer now we can but other factors have kicked in, it will have to be next year. Are you doing it alone or with a partner?I go to the beach regularly and enjoy being nude around home when I'm able. Our kids are finished secondary school now so I feel OK about this, my wife is not so keen, think she continually compares herself to others or thinks I do despite my advice otherwise. She sill looks great but lacks some confidence. We are both 50+ so neither looks as good as we were at 25 and pre-kids but I don't care. Be great to get your feedback about the club / resort and any partner and their experience.Cheers, SBN.

This post was edited

I'm so excited and nervous! After years of enjoying naturism all by myself, I'm visiting a club for the first time this week. I had a business trip planned to go to Oklahoma City this week, so I decided to leave a day early and spend Thursday night at a place between OKC and Tulsa. Since it's still winter, and I haven't bought camping supplies like a tent, I've decided to rent a cabin for the night. I hope the temperature is comfortable that afternoon, and my disabilities don't interfere too much, so I can make the best of the experience. I will blog about it all on my home/profile page here, laterYou'll regret doing this.
Once you've delved into social nudism and visited your first club or resort ... you'll crave it daily! We try and visit our club, other local clubs and our beach as often as we can. When we are so busy we can't ... it makes us crazy! ;-)
I don't know about, "Craving it daily," but I will certainly crave it frequently. I'll probably check out some places here in Texas soon as well as Airzona and Nevada. I'm also launching a local, non-landed club. It's being resurrected from about 10 years ago, and then it was the largest regional group in the USA with over 1900 members, and it was still growing. I got sick and pulled the plug on it, but I'm bringing it back now that I've healed some.
Thanks for your encouragement and support!

This post was edited

Been wanting to go to a nudist resort with my wife buthaven't quite made it yet. Was planning on doing it thissummer now we can but other factors have kicked in, it will have tobe next year. Are you doing it alone or with a partner?I go to the beach regularly and enjoy being nude around home whenI'm able. Our kids are finished secondary school now so Ifeel OK about this, my wife is not so keen, think she continuallycompares herself to others or thinks I do despite my adviceotherwise. She sill looks great but lacks someconfidence. We are both 50+ so neither looks as good as wewere at 25 and pre-kids but I don't care.Be great to get your feedback about the club / resort and anypartner and their experience.Cheers, SBN.
Yeah, my wife isn't keen or participatory, either. When I was
stationed overseas, and we were on the topless beaches on the
Mediterranean coast, she actually covered herself with a towel to
nurse our newborn. I understand our ladies' lack of
confidence, but for me it has nothing to do with that. I'm
not really even sure why I'm inclined to be nude other than the
fact it is so damn comfortable.

Most people look better with their clothes on. It's not about
how one looks.

This post was edited

Oaklake Trails is a great place. I have been there twice and I live down in Austin, TX!Very friendly people. Consider going again in June when the AANR Southwest convention is happening. They really ramp it up with games and entertainment for a whole 3 or 4 days!
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

Oaklake Trails is a great place. I have been there twice and I live down in Austin, TX!Very friendly people. Consider going again in June when the AANR Southwest convention is happening. They really ramp it up with games and entertainment for a whole 3 or 4 days!Stay Naked!I just joined AANR SW, yesterday. They're having their get together at OLT? I'm surprised the folks at OLT didn't mention that. I will definitely be going back to OLT, but I really don't like a lot of crowds and people in any environment. If you would like to know why, you may contact me privately.
"Jim Shorts," Founder
TPAN

This post was edited

I'm so excited and nervous! After years of enjoying naturism all by myself, I'm visiting a club for the first time this week. I had a business trip planned to go to Oklahoma City this week, so I decided to leave a day early and spend Thursday night at a place between OKC and Tulsa. Since it's still winter, and I haven't bought camping supplies like a tent, I've decided to rent a cabin for the night. I hope the temperature is comfortable that afternoon, and my disabilities don't interfere too much, so I can make the best of the experience.One of the things I found odd about Oaklake Trails, although it may be common for all I know, is the bathrooms and shower room in the club house. There was a privacy wall between the dining room/dance floor area, but there were no doors on the bathrooms. I'm just of the opinion that all bathrooms should have doors, especially when adjacent to a dining area, just to keep the sounds and odors inside of them.
Also, there was common shower room (two shower heads only), for both men and women. I've seen such on European beaches and even outdoor shower areas at pools, but that's where males and females rinse off together while having swimsuits on, and I understand naturism, but I don't understand washing one's private parts, for instance, together...you know, bathing. Is bathing nude common among male and female nudists as much so at swimming, hottubbing (yes, I know it's not a word), etc. I'm not bothered by it; I'm just curious.

This post was edited

I'm so excited and nervous! After years of enjoying naturism all by myself, I'm visiting a club for the first time this week. I had a business trip planned to go to Oklahoma City this week, so I decided to leave a day early and spend Thursday night at a place between OKC and Tulsa. Since it's still winter, and I haven't bought camping supplies like a tent, I've decided to rent a cabin for the night. I hope the temperature is comfortable that afternoon, and my disabilities don't interfere too much, so I can make the best of the experience.One of the things I found odd about Oaklake Trails, although it may be common for all I know, is the bathrooms and shower room in the club house. There was a privacy wall between the dining room/dance floor area, but there were no doors on the bathrooms. I'm just of the opinion that all bathrooms should have doors, especially when adjacent to a dining area, just to keep the sounds and odors inside of them.
Also, there was common shower room (two shower heads only), for both men and women. I've seen such on European beaches and even outdoor shower areas at pools, but that's where males and females rinse off together while having swimsuits on, and I understand naturism, but I don't understand washing one's private parts, for instance, together...you know, bathing. Is bathing nude common among male and female nudists as much so at swimming, hottubbing (yes, I know it's not a word), etc. I'm not bothered by it; I'm just curious.
Your Posts seriously do , make you come across , as some kind of CREEPY / PERVERT there Jim .There is just something that does not read right about you !Gee we wonder WHY that would be ?

This post was edited