NU

Discussion

Finding new trails

Posted Sep 20, 2026

Replies13
NU
nudie_hv7587Original Poster
Sep 20, 2026

I have to admit, once you hike nude the clothes seem more restrictive and the hike isnt the same anymore. I tried the same hiking trail today and couldnt do it nude so I drove to another one and thought, lets see where this goes and I wasnt disappointed. It lead to a river with a trail that wasnt used. So I decided to hike it take off my clothes and hike most of the trail back carrying them. It was slightly raining so I knew nobody would be on the trail. Ill share a few of the many I took walking back.

ReactReplySubscribe

Replies

  • MI
    minimalist75
    Sep 20, 2026
    [quote]I have to admit, once you hike nude the clothes seem more restrictive and the hike isnt the same anymore. [/quote] I haven't hiked nude often enough to feel that way, but I certainly feel very restricted with I have to wear a swimsuit!
    ReactReply
  • MI
    minimalist75
    Sep 20, 2026
    [quote]I have to admit, once you hike nude the clothes seem more restrictive and the hike isnt the same anymore. I tried the same hiking trail today and couldnt do it nude so I drove to another one and thought, lets see where this goes and I wasnt disappointed. It lead to a river with a trail that wasnt used. So I decided to hike it take off my clothes and hike most of the trail back carrying them. It was slightly raining so I knew nobody would be on the trail. Ill share a few of the many I took walking back.[/quote] Exercised in the hotel gym this morning. Felt strange wearing clothes since I usually exercise nude at home@
    ReactReply
  • NK
    nkhiker
    Sep 20, 2026

    After years of nude hiking I hardly think about being naked unless I'm worried about textiles. On a warm, especially a hot, non-buggy day, it's just the most comfortable way to hike. If it's cold, buggy, or I'm on a trail with textiles, clothes are more comfortable. That said, those places I can hike naked are my strong preference. That's for what I consider a destination hike. The other kind of hiking I like to do is what I call wandering, something like forest bathing but more extreme. For that nudity is a requirement, and connecting with nature is the goal. For that I relish my nudity and try to experience all the sensations that come with it, the breeze, sun, tall grass, etc.

    ReactReply
  • NI
    ninco01
    Sep 20, 2026

    Good, "safe", trails are hard to find. So, once I find a trail that works, and I enjoy, I rarely look for new ones. I would rather spend the time just enjoying the trails that have worked than looking for other ones. But, if someone mentions a trail that they have enjoyed, I will usually at least check it out. It is good to have more than one trail that is a "favorite".

    ReactReply
  • TR
    traildoc
    Sep 20, 2026

    if anyone knows of a good trail in the eastern part of Pennsylvania please let me know.

    ReactReply
  • MI
    minimalist75
    Sep 20, 2026
    [quote]if anyone knows of a good trail in the eastern part of Pennsylvania please let me know.[/quote] If it is in Bucks county, let me know too.
    ReactReply
  • NU
    nudie_hv7587Original Poster
    Sep 21, 2026

    I really enjoyed reading your reply about nude hiking. It is an experience and being respectful to others is key.

    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    Sep 21, 2026

    I do enjoy finding new trails but glad for my few regulars, one has to figure, timing, climate, and topography in order to maximize pleasure. I do carry a velcro wrap with me just in case but have hiked miles wearing nothing. Occasionally get caught most just chuckle and pass by. Im always looking for new trails in the northeast.

    ReactReply
  • MI
    minimalist75
    Sep 21, 2026
    [quote]I do enjoy finding new trails but glad for my few regulars, one has to figure, timing, climate, and topography in order to maximize pleasure. I do carry a velcro wrap with me just in case but have hiked miles wearing nothing. Occasionally get caught most just chuckle and pass by. Im always looking for new trails in the northeast.[/quote] Do you know of any in Central NJ? DM me if you would prefer that to answering here.
    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    Sep 21, 2026

    Actually no not yet. Double trouble state park has potential but haven't tried it nude yet.

    ReactReply
  • NK
    nkhiker
    Sep 21, 2026

    One advantage I have is the sub-alpine zone, about 8,500 - 11,000 feet. It tends to have many interconnected meadows between large treed areas. It fantastic for off trail hiking. I've had many 6 - 8 mile naked hikes in such areas. I've never run into anyone on one of those hike, and even if I did, given the type of people that would hike off trail is such places, I don't think there would be any issue. The only down side is that you have to manage some pretty intense sun exposure. I've hiked naked to above 13,000 feet, but that is very exposed, often windy and chilly, but still fun. (Just changed my profile picture to one 13,000 foot summit done base to summit naked.)

    ReactReply
  • MI
    minimalist75
    Sep 22, 2026
    [quote]Actually no not yet. Double trouble state park has potential but haven't tried it nude yet.[/quote] I have walked and waded nude at Double Trouble a few times. Let me know if you would like me to DM more details to you.
    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    Sep 22, 2026

    Hi yes , I would love to know more!

    ReactReply