Self defence

Good fo her! When physical force becomes necessary, there should be no half measures. You must make certain that the attacker is completely rendered harmless.

This post was edited
RE: Self defence

Good fo her! When physical force becomes necessary, there should be no half measures. You must make certain that the attacker is completely rendered harmless.
Surely the breaking of all limbs and castration is a little OTT? That is the only sure way.

This post was edited

Surely the breaking of all limbs and castration is a little OTT?

LOL, westheathen, I don't see where any one suggested breaking all limbs and castration. But having been a victim of sexual assault (waaaaay before I was a nudist) the castration part sounds pretty fair to me.

As a black belt, I'd assume she is quite capable of disabling an attacker without putting him in the hospital ? Some just won't learn, I suppose, but her "gentle hint" should convince him.

Curt, I hear where you're coming from but having learned self defense while taking Karate (Tang So Do) and having had to use a very simple technique to break a choke holdfrom a man easily 8" taller and 60lbs heavier than me, I can tell you that had the shock of my fighting back not resulted in me not needing to complete the action, his jaw would have been broken and he would have ended up in the hospital.

My Sa Bum Nim taught us that the true winner of any fight was the one who walked away before the fight began, but that when one was attacked, make sure the attacker could not get up to attack you again.

Nudedazza, Kudo's to your girlfriend. Sorry to hear that she experienced this at a nudist venue. As vulnerable as nudity can be, I've always felt physically safer in a nudist environment than I have in most textile environments. And the two times I've been attacked had absolutely nothing to do with nudism.

Jen

This post was edited

It was the comment about the asailant being rendered completley harmless that made me suggest that. It would remove any threat that a man could have over a woman, which are normally either physical or sexual in origin.

This post was edited

Good for her! When physical force becomes necessary, there should be no half measures. You must make certain that the attacker is completely rendered harmless.
Surely the breaking of all limbs and castration is a little OTT? That is the only sure way.
I don't remember reading anything about broken limbs or castration. True, that would be over the top but the following from an unarmed combat instructor (language cleaned up) would be really over the top:

"The first step is kicking him hard in the kneecap while gouging toward his eyes, thus bringing him to the ground and he will automatically protect his eyes. Once you have your enemy off his feet you have to finish him off quickly and quietly. The first step is falling on his chest with both knees thereby crushing his ribs. Take two quick swipes with the flat of your hand first across the bridge of his nose thus busting in his face and blinding him, second at the base of his neck thus stunning him or maybe cracking his spinal column. For neatness use both thumbs jamming down into his adams apple thus choking him. To polish the job you may kick him square between the legs a few times. --- but if that s.o.b. gets up you'd better take off and start praying."

Obviously if you tried this you would be arrested for at the very least excessive use of force. That instructor taught only a few of the basic kicks, blows and blocks from martial arts which pertained to unarmed combat and he never took any of the martial arts up as a sport but he sure knew his unarmed combat and got the message across. To the best of my knowledge he has always been able to talk his way out of possible confrontations as a civilian.

This post was edited

since resorts are private property the owners always make a "no weapon" rule. A concealed carry permit would do you no good there.
HAHA good one. Where on a nudist can you conceal a weapon????

Well having a loaded gun in your car makes it concealed. Having it in your backpack, purse, or fannypack or anything else you carry your stuff in makes it concealed. I assume that a lot of us carry something around to keep our personal belongings in such as cellphones, sunblock...etc. Just because someone is nude doesn't mean that they don't have a weapon.

To be honest, that was the one thing I disliked about being at a resort. My fiance has his CCW and it makes me feel a lot safer knowing that we have a surefire method of self defense. Not just against people, but mostly at resorts and campgrounds to be against animals. Lots of big animals here that like to bite people's heads off.

This post was edited

Good for her indeed.

I'm sorry to say this but Im disturbed by the comments regarding carrying things such as a 9mm.

You cant complain about the world being a more violent place if you yourself own a weapon. Thats just my personal opinion. There are dozens of effective ways to apprehend a human being without firing a piece of metal into them.

Please think again before making such brazen comments regarding ownership of guns. Its hugely insulting to those who believe they are a major source of many of the worlds problems.

This post was edited
yes

sounds like shi did a great job keep it up

This post was edited
yes

This post was edited
yes

This post was edited