Self defence

My girlfriend recently had to defend herself from a guy on a nudist beach.She s a black belt in karate and put the guy in hospital when he tried to grab her,has any other women nudist been attcked while nude bathing?

This topic was edited
RE: Self defence

Good for her. I have heard of it happening once at beach I go to but thankfully it is rare.

This post was edited

i'm hoping it's a rare thing too but with todays more voilent society it seems even the once safe domain of nude beaches is becoming a place for thugs and trouble makers

This post was edited

As a black belt, I'd assume she is quite capable of disabling an attacker without putting him in the hospital ?
Some just won't learn, I suppose, but her "gentle hint" should convince him.

This post was edited

Actually, if it is necessary to use force against a larger, stronger opponent which is likely the case here it is wise to use maximum aggression to ensure that the opponent is not going to get up and attack you. Too many people, both men and women, highly qualified in a martial art have learned this the hard way. Kudos to the lady involved.

This post was edited
self defence

if a lady has to protecr herself from a pervert then I say good for her
it is a shame this happens but the world is changing

This post was edited

Actually, if it is necessary to use force against a larger, stronger opponent which is likely the case here it is wise to use maximum aggression to ensure that the opponent is not going to get up and attack you. Too many people, both men and women, highly qualified in a martial art have learned this the hard way. Kudos to the lady involved.
Very good point. My training stressed containment and control. It is not as effective when opponent is still under influence of drugs.

This post was edited

Well done that lady!!!!

The suggestion that people learn self-defence is a good one, but notpractical for everyone. If folks have for instance an artificial hip they could quite eailly dislocate it while doing the manouvers involved.

I went on a personal safety course from work sometime ago, and the instructor mentioned that a friend of hers had been mugged - a big 6 footer with a self defence belt of some sort. He never used his skills though just froze at exactly the wrong time.

This post was edited

I carry either a 380, 9mm or 45 depending on what I have on or with me.

This post was edited

since resorts are private property the owners always make a "no weapon" rule. A concealed carry permit would do you no good there.

This post was edited
RE: Self defense

I've not ever been attacked at a nudist venue. I have been in the textile world. From this, I would have to think that it's much safer generally in a nudist enviroment.

This post was edited