RE: ((( Please read BEFORE making a NEW post. )))

Great post Phil!!! We should be so lucky if people will only do it!!

This post was edited

Isnt it just common sense that when you join a new webcommunity you check out the rules and the FAQs?
Any of us who's background wasn't AOL, and who has more than a few weeks on internet,
it should be, but "common sense" seems to be asking a lot these days.....
How's that for another bump ?

This post was edited

Thank you for this thread Phil!!

I have noticed alot of threads posted ON THE WRONG BASES and if its possible they should be moved..

This post was edited
RE: _

Thank you for this thread Phil!! I have noticed alot of threads posted ON THE WRONG BASES and if its possible they should be moved..

I have not ever noticed any being moved, maybe one day, if TT ever decides to appoint forum moderators, and if he has provided that capability. A few flame wars have been delete without booting the participants, but usually, the profile is deleted, and then everything goes with it.

A work around would be to create a thread for the offending post, in the correct forum, and then just post a link to it. I've done that a few times :)

This post was edited
((( Please read BEFORE making a NEW post. )))

One thing that is done quite often, and yes I will admit to being guilty of this, is to post somthing on the Forum when you're in a very excited or emotional state. Something happens that you don't understand or don't agree with and you immediately go to the Forum to vent your anger. If one would only step back for a moment and try to evaluate the situation, or search the Forum for a similar occurrence you might be able to save everyone from reading a meaningless post. You might also save yourself the embarassment of appearing rather imbecilic.

This post was edited

Just want to add to this. Think before you post a new thread. While posts can be edited, the only way a thread can be removed is if you leave the site or are removed from the site or you can convince TT1 ( site admin) to take the time, to delete it for you.

Jen

This post was edited

Wonderufl tips from Phil.

This post was edited

YES, I'm reading this before going ouside to make some new posts for my decking fence. Just thought I'd let Phil know that I'm going through the correct procedure. ha,ha,ha
Thanks Jen, it makes for a good spam bumper too.

Sparky! .... Oh never mind, just keep taking the tablets!

You'll be fine.

This post was edited

Bump

This post was edited

Bump!

This post was edited