Why don't "truenudists" want to meet other members?

There are 23 truenudeists members in Bend, OR (only 3 certified) but when I sent each of them an invitation to get together via truenudists email none responded. I realize that probably the majority of non certified are only curious but this total lack of response is very disappointing. Could it be because I am straight and 72? I feel young and also feel discriminated against because of age, that isn't the way nudists or naturalists are supposed to be.

This topic was edited
RE: Why don't "truenudists" want to meet other members?

The same thing happens when you try to get together any group of strangers. Clothed or not. Don't take it personally.

This post was edited

Don't give up hope of meeting other true nudists on here or online generally. It can take quite a bit of effort to meet other nudists but it is possible. I've met people from this site and others, sometimes I've made the initial contact, sometimes its been them. We've met at my local nude beaches when they've been visiting locally and also met for nude hiking, I've met some when I've been in their local areas, or we've agreed to meet up at nudist clubs or spas.
I agree that there are many here that are not true nudists, many are attracted by seeing naked people online, but there are others who truly are nudists here who want to meet other nudists. However I have made more nudist friends by visiting nude beaches and clubs, which was suggested above as a good way to meet others.
I also agree that its much the same amongst people in the textile world, not everyone wants to be friends with everyone else. Just because we prefer to be nude isn't going to mean instant friendship for that reason alone, its a good start. Age may have something to do with it in some cases, but I'm in my 50's and have nudist friends that cover all parts of adulthood, though most are from their late 30's upwards. Don't give up, there truly are nudists looking to meet other nudists on here.

This post was edited

I hear you and share your frustration, buddy! I agree with so much of what people have already responded with to your post. Everyone comes to a site like this with different motivations and predispositions. WHile I love sex, that's not why I'm on this site, and like you, I only seek friends with similar attitudes, including a REAL nudist attitude....openness and freedom, body and person acceptance. I have met some wonderful folks from this site, so while I it is frustrating, hang in there and keep on trying.Stay naked, buddy!!!

This post was edited

Thanks for all the support. I go to many hiking areas and beaches in my area but I seem to be the only naturalist. I'll keep looking. I did find one "nudist" last year but all he wanted was sex, not my thing. I told him I wasn't interested in the sex part but I was interested in hiking only if he was open to that; never heard from him again. Since my wife isn't into nudism, except with me, it is hard to find a club who accepts singles who are married.

This post was edited

I'll chime in and agree with some of the previous posters--don't take the unwillingness to meet up personally. The others' lack of forthrightness is about them, not you, in most cases. They may not be as open as they like to think of themselves, or perhaps just not very far into their journey into nudism. Enjoy those who you do find!
I've met several people through TN, but only one (so far) has really become more than just an acquaintance.
Sending best wishes your way.

This post was edited

There has to be a meeting place. I have met some on this site at Spa World but I don't know what you have in Oregon. Perhaps you could suggest a TN get together at a local bar and work from there. Your age and orientation should have no bearing on others showing up.I have met Stillpale at Spa World and he is right. You age and orientation should have no bearing on if others show up or not.

This post was edited

RE: Meeting other truenudists...I've met a few people from this site, some of who I'd known prior to joining this site, but the few I've met from this site have been great! A couple of the guys I've met do play on a different team to myself but they've been cool and we've hung out and had good times. One guy from this site met me for the great skinny dip and then again met me and my friends at our local resort for Halloween and we had a fun time, he's gay & I'm not but doesn't mean we can't "hang out" together... sorry couldn't help that one! LOL

This post was edited

The Willamettans, near Eugene, is a bit of a trek from Bend, but not *too* bad, and they're a good club. I confess though, I don't make time to get there that often though and I'm somewhat closer (Corvallis). It would be fun to actually meet someone from here though.

This post was edited

I have met a good number of folks from this site (I'm the guy ExBrit wrote about). I lead a naked hiking group and that helps. I have found that it is difficult to get folks out, but when you do, it is great. Being nudists gives us something in common and is a good place to start. I think if you can offer an actual event like a hike, day at the beach or pool, it helps. People might be more comfortable than just "hanging out" because that can be left to interpretation.Another important thing I have learned to check is peoples last log in date. I invited some, got no response and went back only to realize they had not logged into TN in 3 years.Good luck to you, I wish I was closer, I have done a lot of backpacking in the Three Sisters area and love it, such a beautiful part of the country.

This post was edited

I think there are two reasons. One is distance with us spread over the entire world. The other is simple shyness. Somehow it is easier to open up on the internet than in reality. But when we do meet face to face it is really worth it - so much better that through cyberspace.

This post was edited