RE: Nude Hikes

I'm quite lucky that I live in Europe. Close to my home town, Alkmaar - Holland, you find so many opportunities to walk naked. If you do so with a group, dressed people will not even react. On the beaches you also find very good opportunities. In Germany there is even an official naked hike trail, in The Harz mountains (Harzer Naturistenstieg).
Last week we were hiking with 23 people through the Austrian Alps. No problem at all, we were even allowed to sit naked on a terrace of a restaurant. The 4th day of hiking we were warned by the police not to walk naked in a military zone (were they caught us). Notting happened and he said to us that whatever we do in the mountains is fine for him, but not in the villages and in the military zone :-))
It was a wonderful naked week in the fantastic scenery op the Alps.
Stay naked,
Roland

This post was edited

i was reading another web site on mountain biking and hiking in my area and a man posted that he was driving down the main road next to one of the parks i hike and ride my mountain bike it was 9 pm and he noticed a man walking alongside the rode nude carrying a stick or a gun and called the police. needless to say it was probably a man who was hiking and carrying a hiking stick whats the big deal he could have done it during the day but probably waiting till the park closed to enjoy some freedom time.

This post was edited

This July we were hiking again in Austria, now with 17 naked people. It was like the other years a great experience. Thanks to Richard, who organize it.
stay naked,Roland

This post was edited

I bet you get people to organize nude hikes all over the US. I would love to attend one myself, but yes, if you had to drive too far it makes it less appealing.
I forget what rules are about hiking nude on public land or parks, but it would be neat to see if there could be special permission obtained near you and make it an annual event.
Good luck
Stay naked!

This post was edited

any new hikes organized? The NEWT 2014 will go on in Austria.
stay naked,Roland

This post was edited

Not sure about groups that go out hiking, but it sounds like a cool idea! I've been looking into places where nude hiking is possible. Out here in the West there are vast tracts of public land, much of it desert, managed by the BLM. I've heard that they are ok with nude hiking as long as it is on non-motorized trails and away from campsites and picnic areas. What I plan on doing is going to a fairly isolated trail on BLM land with shorts on, hike up a ways to see if there are any people around, then take the shorts off and keep hiking. Has anyone here tried hiking on BLM land?

This post was edited

I've only done one nude hike, and am eager to do more.
The first time I tried to do a nude hike, I went with a buddy to a remote trail, on a weekday when we expected few others to be around. We parked at the trail head and noticed a couple of other cars. We started out hiking clothed, planning to get naked and put our clothes in our backpacks once we got far enough down the trail to lose the casual day-hikers. There were enough others that we never really felt comfortable getting nude.
We planned another hike a few weeks later. We found a more remote trail, and were pleased that there were not any other cars at the trail head. We still started out clothed, but quickly realized we had the entire trail to ourselves. We put our shorts into our backpacks, in case someone else came along, but hiked for a couple of hours without seeing another soul. We hiked back to the trail head, had a beer, then took off on another trail that started from the same point. We spent most of the day enjoying the sun and breezes on our bodies and the company of a fellow nudist.

This post was edited

Am wondering if anyone has organized a group nude hike? Being " one with nature" appeals to me, but I dont want to drive 3 hours for the closest nude hiking. If you have experience, what was involved (logistically) ?I've only hiked nude, with nudist older sister, on a mutual friend's private land and cabin. Was relaxing anda beautiful day. Don't know if we'd have done it had the property, vast as it was, not been so remote. Think we were out there a good two hours.

This post was edited

We used to organize hikes in our area using a state specific site but it is gone now. We usually ended up with mostly people we had met from other outings. I would always suggest meeting people at a public place just to clear the air on intentions. Unfortuneately there are far too many none nudists on these sites that are just looking to hook up and they unfortuneately ruin things for us real nudists.

This post was edited

There are two ares that I have personal experience with.
The best is Deep Creek Hot Springs. There is an excellent web site with information on how to get there and what to expect.
I park at Bowen Ranch and hike nude to and from the springs. (Actually I am always nude from the time I leave the house until I get home but that is another thread). Not a lot of hikers are nude but since this area is known as a clothing optional area everyone is fine with nude hikers.
The other area I go to is a short distance from where I work. There is a forest service road near Lake Castaic that is lightly used.
The trail is only a couple of miles total and there is no access to the lake but it is close and during the summer it is a nice place to go after work for some outdoor nude time.

This post was edited