Nude Hikes

Am wondering if anyone has organized a group nude hike? Being " one with nature" appeals to me, but I dont want to drive 3 hours for the closest nude hiking. If you have experience, what was involved (logistically) ?

This topic was edited
RE: Nude Hikes

well i not sure of the area you live in but i live outside metro atlanta and most places i find to hike nude is about a hour from where i live, i did hike once fairly close to city but it was years ago and probably wouldn't do it now. a map or the computer is your best resource, if your uncomfortable find the nearest nudist resort they probably have hiking trails.

This post was edited
Nude Hikes

Itook my dog for a walk the other evening into a wildlife preserve behind my house for the first time in long recent memory. After a few minutes on the trail and no sounds of anyone (dirtbikes, bicycles, etc)I stripped off my shorts and hiked nude for about an hour out and back along the fencelineof a defunct company, out of view of any roads or houses. Perfect temperature, nice breeze,perfect moonlight, serene and quiet. Quite a wonderful first experience hiking natural.

This post was edited

I'd posted in another ( now buried ) thread....
Pick a trail first off, where it's legal, or at least defensible.
Go to the parking area, and post a sign at the trail head, an obvious sign, that there are or may be nude hikers on the trail.
Over the next few days, go hike the trail, CLOTHED !!
You'll get a feel for whether or not anyone cares, calls "Johnnie Law," or any other potential inconvience.
You'll also create the impression that nudists are considerate !!
Talk to whoever you find on the trail, and in the parking area, probably without identifying yourself as the nudist at first.
You may make some new friends, and will certainly have a chance to present nudism as a harmless wholesome activity.
You *may* even find some fellow nude ( or so inclined ) hikers to join you ! There is always some degree of safety in numbers.
After a week or three, post the sign, strip off, and go hike !!
By then, it won't be "new" or shocking, or if it would be, by then you'll know to avoid that trail.

This post was edited

Curt, that is an awesome and well thought out plan. I love it when a plan comes together.....

This post was edited

Thanks !
I'm of the school that we'll catch more flies with honey, that confrontation starts one off on an adversarial basis, and that in such cases everyone always loses, so actively seek ways to win by attraction.
Anyone can bully. Even if "the law" supports the position, the bully always loses.
I had given it thought. What's the best way to obtain the trail, AND do so in a way that attracts friends rather than confronts adversaries, and possibly even gets one arrested.
It's the best my one still functional brain cell could muster.
Again, thanks.

This post was edited

Never having tried nude walking before and being from England I can't help you very much. The only suggestions I can make is maybe to contact AANR or The Naturist society there maybe advice on their websites.

This post was edited
I love hiking nude!

But I've only done it in areas far far from civilization... Looking to change that, if I can find any trails in SF Bay Area...

This post was edited
RE: I love hiking nude!

Sorry, it's not exactly "Closet nude" when your out in public!!!!

This post was edited

I enjoy being outdoors nude and naturally am drawn to nude hikes, swimming, and kayaking. However, I do all those thing away from my home as there are really no safe places to do those activties nude.i

This post was edited

I enjoy being outdoors nude and naturally am drawn to nude hikes, swimming, and kayaking. However, I do all those thing away from my home as there are really no safe places to do those activties nude.i

There's a nudist canoeist club on Yahoo in where there are people from the tri-state area.

This post was edited