RE: Clothing optional petition daily update Jan 22

First, let me say I signed. #527 I believe. The last I looked (a couple minutes ago) there were only 1750 signatures or so. At the rate folks are signing the amount of signatures required will be far, far short of the 100K target by the deadline. My thought is this. If indeed the numbers are way short, will this end up having the opposite (negative) effect on the cause to get more C/O opportunities? Will the textile world see that and say 'we knew there couldn't be that many crazy naked people out there' and have even more ammunition to use against us?Even though there has to be far more nudists out there than the 100K required to be heard the silence will be deafening I'm afraid. I just hope we're not taking one step forward and two steps back. But maybe that petition site is so obscure that it won't hurt us (or help us).

This post was edited
Petition status

Actually the number of signatures is not behind where a petition drive of this sort would be expected to be at this point. I believe that growth in this situation theoretically would be geometrical, the number of signatures tomorrow would X% more than the number who signed today. We are substantially ahead of my projection, but yesterday's big jump is unlikely to be sustained. We all need to do whatever we can to drum up as much support as we can.
And, even if this effort fails miserably there is only a remote possibility that it will have an adverse impact on our culture. This is borne out by the fact that a similar petition was posted at whitehouse.gov last year, which failed to get much support, and almost no one in the naturist community has heard anything about it. I'm unaware of any any significant negative effects as a result of this failure. It is unfortunate that so many nudists are reluctant to admit any connection with nudism and refuse to openly support petitions like this.

This post was edited
RE: Clothing optional petition daily update Jan 22

First, let me say I signed. #527 I believe. The last I looked (a couple minutes ago) there were only 1750 signatures or so. At the rate folks are signing the amount of signatures required will be far, far short of the 100K target by the deadline. My thought is this. If indeed the numbers are way short, will this end up having the opposite (negative) effect on the cause to get more C/O opportunities? Will the textile world see that and say 'we knew there couldn't be that many crazy naked people out there' and have even more ammunition to use against us?Even though there has to be far more nudists out there than the 100K required to be heard the silence will be deafening I'm afraid. I just hope we're not taking one step forward and two steps back. But maybe that petition site is so obscure that it won't hurt us (or help us).To echo Bill, an effort of this type isn't a simple matter of dividing 100,000 by 30 days and saying we need to get about 3,300 signatures a day to be successful. I believed it was possible to get 100,000 signatures if enough people who cared about the issue heard about the petition and cared enough to spend the 3-4 minutes it takes to create an account at the site and sign.
It is hard these days to get people to engage because frankly most just don't believe they have the ability to make a difference and help change anything. But I don't think it ever hurts to try.
As far as the question will it hurt us over the long term if we don't succeed. Doubtful, with respect to the outside world and those who oppose us. It's unlikely they even know about the petition. We would need some national media entity to see the petition and decide to pick it up in a story that got widespread general attention. That's unlikely unless we got tens of thousands more signatures above what we have now. I've seen news articles on "We the People" petitions but never on one that had less than 30-40 thousand signatures.
Where it may hurt us is within our own community. It will simply be more reinforcement of the idea "it won't work anyway so why bother" which is already a problem. So I suspect many people who were hopeful and signed this petition might be less likely to get involved next time if this isn't successful. We already know the outcome of doing nothing. So I think it never hurts to try. Otherwise we will just keep getting the same thing we have got the last several years. One clothing optional beach after another will go until none are left.
Personally, I'm not real happy with NAC right now but in fairness, in the past they have been successful in defending our clothing optional access. But this country has been getting more and more "morally" conservative for years and less and less tolerant of nudists and naturists. As a result, NAC has not had a win in many years. San Onofre Beach is one recent example. Individuals are going to have to step up. The organizations can't do it alone anymore. If enough of us aren't willing to do that then I guess as a community then we will get what we deserve - less options, less rights.

This post was edited
RE: Clothing optional petition daily update

RE: Reluctant to Sign the Clothing Optional Access Petition?I sent to following e-mail to our local radio, TV and newspaper under the subject Nudists petition the White House. Will it do any good? I don't know, however, if everyone reading this thread did the same in their area, there is the chance that it would catch the right persons attention and give usthe exposure (no pun intended)which we need."Nudists across the Nation are petitioning the White House for greater access to Federal lands and beaches. For additional information, please click this link."please click this link." https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/designate-portions-public-lands-under-management-federal-government-clothing-optional-recreational/15TLkVMJP.S.Below is the link to the article which was published due to my efforts to promote The Record Skinny Dip.Individual effort can make a difference.https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2010/07/08/1574518/cover-story.html

This post was edited
I'm posting flyers at GE

In order to attract more attention and support I printed out some flyers on brightly colored paper and posted them on some of the bulletin boards here at Glen Eden. I invite those of you who are in a position to do so to do something like this:
HAVE YOU SIGNED THE PETITION?AANR has sent out an Urgent Action Requestasking their members to do so.
There is a petition posted on the whitehouse.govwebsite which requests that more public land bedesignated for nude recreational use.

This is a cause we should all support. It is easy todo. Go on line to petitions.whitehouse.gov.Click on "VIEW PETITIONS"
Scroll down and click on the one which says:"Designate portions of public lands undermanagement of the federal government forclothing optional recreational use."
Create an account if you don't already have one,and then electronically sign the petition.
Once you sign it only your initials will be visibleto others, so your privacy will be respected.
Please help make this a great success.If the petition gets at least 100,000 signatures byFebruary 11 this issue will receive somemuch needed attention from the policy makers inWashington. Ask your friends and neighbors fortheir support too.

Unfortunately all the formatting is lost when I copy the text here, but I'm sure you get the idea.

This post was edited
Clothing optional petition daily update Jan 24

Link to the current update https://dallasnudistcultureexaminer.tumblr.com/post/74409189148/clothing-optional-petition-daily-update-jan-24

This post was edited
Clothing optional petition daily update Jan 25

Link to daily update https://dallasnudistcultureexaminer.tumblr.com/post/74516178317/clothing-optional-petition-daily-update-jan-25

This post was edited
RE: Clothing optional petition

2306 signatures as of a few minutes ago. It has definitely slowed down. I would hope this would at least make a strong showing not only a couple thousand signatures.

This post was edited

I saw this morning on the ABC news online that there was over 104, 000 signatures since January 23rd on the white house site to eliminate Justin Bieber's green card. We need to get moving on this petition. It shows it can be done in the time frame given.

This post was edited

Either ya support being nekkid as a jay-ay-ay birdie and sign it or ya don't and you're just a textiler claiming to be something you're not.
I just don't get why people don't sign the petition. What's the loss? What's the gain? Worried the fedies are gonna track ya down and haul you off to a concentration camp? Wah. There's nothing they're gonna do. If they wanna find out who you are nothing's gonna stop'em.
So just sign it and consider the benefits if it goes through.
If it don't go through, those that signed the petition have every right to complain. And those that didn't, don't.

This post was edited