meeting new people

I was wondering how do people meet for the
first time? What I'm saying is we post stuff on this site but how many people
actually meet someone new from this site for the first time? There are so many
fake profiles and people lying about who they are so when do you feel reasonably
safe about meeting someone new from this site?

This topic was edited
RE: meeting new people

If I want to meet nudists I go to a nudist resort. I NEVER try to meet anyone from an online site.

This post was edited

We belong to a non-landed club and I often invite people who I meet on this site to some of our events. Most people have been very hesitant about coming but for the ones that do, they have become members and have formed many lasting friendships. One of the reasons that I am responding to this post is to tell people who are very leery about showing up at a strange place for a party with other nudists, you have little to fear. If things aren't to your liking you can just leave. Its very unlikely that you'll be held hostage. Don't take a lot of money; then you can be sure that you won't be robbed of very much. Have your cell phone to call 911 if things turn badly. What I'm saying is the things you fear are very unlikely to happen. By all means GO if you get an invitation. It may change your life for the better. There are a couple of couples at least who are TN members and have accepted my invitations to come and check us out and have found things to be everything I described and more. I'd like to give out their user names but have not yet checked with them to get their permission to do so. Personally I find it very frustrating that so many people say they want to be part of nudist group and are afraid to commit to coming to a party. Worse yet are the ones who say they are coming and never show up.

This post was edited

We have met three local couples from this site (well, within an hour drive). With all we communicated with them through TN for a while then met two of them in a public place for the first time, the other we met while visiting our friends. Also we have met two couples in another state that was on TN while on vacation. Sue was a little hesitant but I told her that after meeting them if she was uncomfortable then we could get a motel room. They were great people and we ended up staying two days with them and had a good time seeing their local sites. Just use a little caution and you shouldn't have any problems meeting people.

This post was edited

To reiterate what Thomas said; if you want to meet nudists, you have to go where the nudists are. Your profile shows you are in suburb of Phoenix. You're 30 min away from one of the premier nudist clubs in the U.S., Shangri La Ranch. Also, Arizona is home to a large non landed club; the Canyon State Naturists. It should be relatively easy for you to meet fellow nudists. That being said, it is possible to meet nudists on this site; we have and have become best of friends with one couple we met here. But there is quite a bit of chaff to weed through here to make it happen.

This post was edited

quite timely for me that you posted this topic. Just last night I hosted a fellow nudist at my home. He found me on herein the hospitality group. He contacted me earlier in the week saying he would be passing thru this area on his way back east.His profile here was skimpy and I told him that so he referred me to another online hosting site which he is an active member.After checking out his profile there I felt very comfortable welcoming him into my home. I greeted him in the buff and he quickly shucked his clothes too. We had dinner and a soak and an evening of sharing travel stories before he headed out this mornwhen I went to work. Now I have a place to stay if I ever venture outeast myself. I have hosted over 50 folks through various online websites and all would be welcome into my home again. Fun to hear their storiesand adventures in life and share mine.

This post was edited

I'm not nearly as active as Noodengr but even so I've arranged to meet up with a few people from this site (at a swim or club) and have had others approach me at swims to introduce themselves and say they recognized me from here - which is pretty cool, I must say. If I lived in a more populated area then I think I'd be more actively meeting people from here but I'm content with the way things are. Having said that, the internet is a poor substitute for real life so whenever possible please try to get out to clubs and beaches to network with people.

This post was edited

I'm not nearly as active as Noodengr but even so I've arranged to meet up with a few people from this site (at a swim or club) and have had others approach me at swims to introduce themselves and say they recognized me from here - which is pretty cool, I must say. If I lived in a more populated area then I think I'd be more actively meeting people from here but I'm content with the way things are. Having said that, the internet is a poor substitute for real life so whenever possible please try to get out to clubs and beaches to network with people.Same here. We've met about 10 on two different Bare Necessities cruises, in our non-landed club, and at local swims. We should be meeting another 2 at Club Orient this June, but then we were supposed to meet more on our last cruise and before we knew it the cruise was over, so we may end up checking out of Club O without ever meeting up. We've met many more than that who are not on TN. We meet up with the same circle of people at each of these events. There are the cruise people we see every other year, the Club Orient people we see, the regulars at the swims we see, and the regulars at our non-landed club that we see.

This post was edited