Nudist with non-nudist roommates

I am a nudist who is confined to his room. When the roommates are away I have the run of the place and I love it. They know that I am nude in my room but I have yet to walk out out of my room in the nude when they are home. How do I start the conversation with them so that I can be nude in the entire home and not just in my room? Do I just walk out nude and see what happens?

This topic was edited
RE: Nudist with non-nudist roommates

You might start by omitting clothes from any trip you make from
your room to the bathroom and back - an entirely sensible practice
that may turn out to pass without comment. Pick up whatever vibe
that generates, and take it from there. At some point of course you'll need to have a conversation about it - if only to work out what happens when there are visitors to the place. (You should almost certainly dress.)

This post was edited

Same prob with me too.....love it when i walk nude alone in my room......but asa they are in I'm only urging inside me.....:(

This post was edited

I would not just walk out and see what happens. That's quite a sudden imposition.
I've been down this road before. My room mates knew I was pretty much always naked when I was alone. Hell, everyone knows. Eventually, I got tired of putting on clothes when other people were here.You want to know how I started the conversation? Simple. Exactly like this, both times:
"So, what do you think about social nudity?"
What it basically came down to is: Does nudity bother you?
Guess what? Both were fine with it. Just make sure they understand it's not a sexual thing. Neither of my buddies go around naked, but they don't care if I do. One of them has expressed interest in trying it sometime, he just hasn't yet, which is totally fine.
I suggest you just be frank and mature about it, but I suppose you would be the best judge of how to approach your friends. I'll tell you one thing I did, that I recommend you do, as well. Talk to them about it when you're not at home. They might not be very cooperative if they think you're going to rip off all your clothes the second they say "yes."
Just ask them if they'd be okay with it some time.
I had that conversation with them outside of the house and then some time later, when were were sitting around watching TV or playing video games or whatever, I brought it up again, and confirmed that they were okay with it before I stripped.
Things are fine, now. I go about as I please. Last week, one of them came into my room and went "Wow, you're actually wearing clothes!"
Good luck.

This post was edited

I would not just walk out and see what happens. That's quite a sudden imposition.I've been down this road before. My room mates knew I was pretty much always naked when I was alone. Hell, everyone knows. Eventually, I got tired of putting on clothes when other people were here.You want to know how I started the conversation? Simple. Exactly like this, both times: "So, what do you think about social nudity?"What it basically came down to is: Does nudity bother you?Guess what? Both were fine with it. Just make sure they understand it's not a sexual thing. Neither of my buddies go around naked, but they don't care if I do. One of them has expressed interest in trying it sometime, he just hasn't yet, which is totally fine.I suggest you just be frank and mature about it, but I suppose you would be the best judge of how to approach your friends. I'll tell you one thing I did, that I recommend you do, as well. Talk to them about it when you're not at home. They might not be very cooperative if they think you're going to rip off all your clothes the second they say "yes."Just ask them if they'd be okay with it some time.I had that conversation with them outside of the house and then some time later, when were were sitting around watching TV or playing video games or whatever, I brought it up again, and confirmed that they were okay with it before I stripped.Things are fine, now. I go about as I please. Last week, one of them came into my room and went "Wow, you're actually wearing clothes!"Good luck.Great insight based on your personal experience!

This post was edited

I would not just walk out and see what happens. That's quite a sudden imposition.I've been down this road before. My room mates knew I was pretty much always naked when I was alone. Hell, everyone knows. Eventually, I got tired of putting on clothes when other people were here.You want to know how I started the conversation? Simple. Exactly like this, both times: "So, what do you think about social nudity?"What it basically came down to is: Does nudity bother you?Guess what? Both were fine with it. Just make sure they understand it's not a sexual thing. Neither of my buddies go around naked, but they don't care if I do. One of them has expressed interest in trying it sometime, he just hasn't yet, which is totally fine.I suggest you just be frank and mature about it, but I suppose you would be the best judge of how to approach your friends. I'll tell you one thing I did, that I recommend you do, as well. Talk to them about it when you're not at home. They might not be very cooperative if they think you're going to rip off all your clothes the second they say "yes."Just ask them if they'd be okay with it some time.I had that conversation with them outside of the house and then some time later, when were were sitting around watching TV or playing video games or whatever, I brought it up again, and confirmed that they were okay with it before I stripped.Things are fine, now. I go about as I please. Last week, one of them came into my room and went "Wow, you're actually wearing clothes!"Good luck.Great insight based on your personal experience!
I agree, too, stoneandy. Seems like a good and logical way to find out if it would be acceptable to the room mates. Who knows, maybe one or all of the room mates have a similar interest, but are afraid to bring up the subject.

This post was edited

I'm the same way in my current apartment. Roommates are not into it and I understand that. When I move to LA in a few months I'm hoping to find something different but I'm not holding my breath.

This post was edited

The bottom line is being able to answer OK to both these questions.
1. Are you relaxed naked in company when said company may always be clothed.
2. Do the people around around accept your nudity as something they are comfortable with.
Question one is simple you cna answer that yourself. For question 2 you need to ask room mates directly and if they really don't mind then go for it. However beware friends and other visitors who may feel the same way.

This post was edited