RE: Locker Room Nudity, Have Things Changed?

My thoughts exactly!!!I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this.
That story had nothing to do with being a nudist and everything to do with being an exhibitionist - ultimately, confirming what textiles think about nudists.

This post was edited

I don't know if you staying naked makes them feel silly but I do believe that staying naked might make other guys more relaxed about being naked themselves and it might inspire a few to actually do it. I behave the same way you do in my Planet Fitness locker room and I have seen a few guys way more relaxed with nudity now.This is a much better example of trying to "beat the nudist drum"
Feeling comfortable yourself encourages comfort in others.

This post was edited

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It just feels silly and uncomfortable to be covered up and clothed in a steam room and sauna. More often than not, I am the only naked person or one of few in the sauna and steam room or naked in general in the locker room. I am not parading around being exhibitionist, just being naked going to the shower and to the sauna and steam room. Sometimes I really feel wierd being naked and comfortable among so many clothed people in an environment where nudity should be the norm.

This post was edited

When I was in elementary school, the locker room had a large gang shower. Since everyone was required to play team sports and change back into your school clothes afterwards, everyone had to take a shower and we were all regularly naked together in the locker room and sometimes being kids would soap up one of the aisles besides the gang shower and play naked slip and slide. In High school the mens locker room also had a large gang shower room so everyone was also used to being naked amongst one another. I also encountered the same type of shower and locker room arrangement in college. Because of this, I have always known locker room nudity to be a common place.
Now when I go to the gymn, I am usually one of the few casually nude people in the locker room and in the sauna and steam room. I have found that if I go to the gymn in the morning when there are older people there, nudity in the locker room seems to be more commonplace. As the day goes on and the younger crowd comes in, the shift in nudity changes with only die hards like myself casually nude and comfortable. I guess thing have really changed over the years.

This post was edited

In Germany a couple of years ago; visited the sauna/steam rooms at my hotel in Frankfurt. I go to the locker room, put on the robe from my room, proceed to the sauna. There's a sign next to the door, in English & German..."Ladies night Monday 5-6pm, Gents night Tuesday 5-6pm"I'm trying to figure this out, as it was a Thursday.....I turn to hang up my robe and there's a black bikini on the hooks. I hang the robe, grab a towel, and walk into the sauna nude. To my surprise it's very big, 15x15ft and there are a dozen people in there, men, women, couples...all nude, sitting on towels.
Germany does it right.

This post was edited

In Germany a couple of years ago; visited the sauna/steam rooms at my hotel in Frankfurt. I go to the locker room, put on the robe from my room, proceed to the sauna. There's a sign next to the door, in English & German..."Ladies night Monday 5-6pm, Gents night Tuesday 5-6pm"I'm trying to figure this out, as it was a Thursday.....I turn to hang up my robe and there's a black bikini on the hooks. I hang the robe, grab a towel, and walk into the sauna nude. To my surprise it's very big, 15x15ft and there are a dozen people in there, men, women, couples...all nude, sitting on towels.Germany does it right.Everything else I find disgusting. Just imagine once before: with the sweaty clothes in the pool? That's impossible.

This post was edited

Excellent topic!I was precisely thinking of this while watching in amusement some guys at my rather small gym (it's actually a functional training studio) really struggling to put their underwear while wrapped in their towels so that nobody can get even a glimpse of their penises or their asses. Seems like these guys don't even see themselves on the mirror when showering privately... It's ridiculous to me and I don't care if they think I'm a show-off because I walk around naked and only dress as the very last step before leaving.When I was young, going naked in the locker room was very uncommon and only the bravest in school did it, with the rest were watching in amazement. I used to belong to the latter group and it took me many many years to regard nudity as something normal, so I'm not going back to A1 now!In Mexico it's not as bad as you guys comment is happening now in the States. Yet, one of my best friend's wife was mentioning that a beautiful girl we all know could be a slut because she was walking naked all over in the locker room showing-off...For some time I even thought that things were evolving to having a common locker room for gents and ladies, but it's quite much the opposite...Contrary to my above post, seems like things are changing now. Following the US in many good and bad things seems like a Mexican national habit, and nudity in locker room appears to be changing for bad in following what many of the US TN members have commented here. This weekend a couple friend invited us to spend her birthday in Acapulco. We went to this fancy spa at the Mayan on Saturday (not co-ed), and he had warned me that they were starting to forbid nudity on grounds of "indecency." I said I didn't care, so we went to the jacuzi naked, until one of the guys said: "No that I'm prude but last week I was asked by staff to wear shorts on the premises, so be ready, guys." We said OK, let's not have trouble and wore our speedoes. We returned on Sunday and I tried the same routine -my buddy passed this time -, and now I was actually asked to wear my shorts by a staff guy, even if it was only the two of us there. Since I was the invited guy I chose not to give my bud a bad time, and in my speedo I went. I only commented sarcastically if it was also compulsory to wear my speedo in the showers; he only mumbled: "no it is not," obviously avoiding a silly confrontation. Jeez, how I hate this prude wave!

This post was edited

I learn something new every day. I am 81 years old. Until now, I always thought that same gender locker room nudity is normal. Now people have become concerned about lust with either gender. The homosexual practices have gone too far.

This post was edited

When showering, the intimate parts of the body don't get cleaned if you must wear shorts at all times.

This post was edited

I learn something new every day. I am 81 years old. Until now, I always thought that same gender locker room nudity is normal. Now people have become concerned about lust with either gender. The homosexual practices have gone too far.I don't think it's anything to do with homosexual practices and has everything to do with political correctness and the "American disease" of litigation protection preventing virtually everything

This post was edited