RE:Neighbors

2) because she was going to miss watching me clean the pool and do yardwork while naked, on the side of the house where she had a view from her upstairs master bedroom. I thought I had plenty of privacy screening but I thought wrong! :DIf you can see the window, they can see you through the window....John aka cobeachbum

Very well said. So simply put. I wonder why anyone wouldn't know that.

This post was edited

Go crawl back in your hole DS!

This post was edited

2) because she was going to miss watching me clean the pool and do yardwork while naked, on the side of the house where she had a view from her upstairs master bedroom. I thought I had plenty of privacy screening but I thought wrong! :DIf you can see the window, they can see you through the window....John aka cobeachbum

Do me a favor ... know the circumstances before making comments about situations you don't know everything about! ;-)

This post was edited

If you can see the window, they can see you through the window....

So true!

This post was edited

I think we lost the ball a bit in this thread.

The OP said the neighbors complained they could see the OP nude through the window. Someone said the OP was within their legal rights being nude in their home. I cited a case indicating that's not necessarily so. Then things seemed to devolve into debating the case I cited.

The particulars of that case aren't super relevant to the OP's situation. What's relevant is that the neighbors COULD call the police and the OP COULD end up in jail/court/spending lots of $$$/etc. It depends on the particulars of the OP's local laws, what mood the police are in, what mood the local DA is in, and a bunch of other factors. The least dangerous thing to do is say, "Sorry" and keep the blinds closed.

This post was edited

thanks for the replies . Makes me wonder if you are on a roof top deck sunbathing nude and a drone flies by and videos you. Who can file the complaint ?

This post was edited

thanks for the replies . Makes me wonder if you are on a roof top deck sunbathing nude and a drone flies by and videos you. Who can file the complaint ?

This post was edited

May I say that I happen to know that AndyDi lives in California, and specifically, Riverside County. As a former California Peace Officer, I know that there is not a single District Attorney who would file a case on this. The State of California has decided that Nude is not Lewd, and in order for there to be charges filed against someone for being nude, there must be a lewd act involved, IE: someone touching their privates in a sexual manner. If you take reasonable steps to ensure your privacy, and someone takes steps to see you that are above and beyond their normal activity, they can actually be charged for being a peeping Tom.

True story: In the city I worked in, I was called about an indecent exposure situation, and when I arrived, this 80 year old woman took me into her bathroom (ya'll understand that in California, the houses are often so close together that you can reach out and shake hands with your neighbor... right?), and she went to her open window. I could see that her neighbor's window was open, and could hear the sound of a shower running. This old woman proceeded to stand on top of a step ladder so that she could look down into her neighbor's bathroom, and when he exited the shower to towel himself dry, she shook her head and asked, "what should I do about this?"

I told her to buy a shorter step ladder and left.

Don

This post was edited

May I say that I happen to know that AndyDi lives in California, and specifically, Riverside County. As a former California Peace Officer, I know that there is not a single District Attorney who would file a case on this. The State of California has decided that Nude is not Lewd, and in order for there to be charges filed against someone for being nude, there must be a lewd act involved, IE: someone touching their privates in a sexual manner. If you take reasonable steps to ensure your privacy, and someone takes steps to see you that are above and beyond their normal activity, they can actually be charged for being a peeping Tom.True story: In the city I worked in, I was called about an indecent exposure situation, and when I arrived, this 80 year old woman took me into her bathroom (ya'll understand that in California, the houses are often so close together that you can reach out and shake hands with your neighbor... right?), and she went to her open window. I could see that her neighbor's window was open, and could hear the sound of a shower running. This old woman proceeded to stand on top of a step ladder so that she could look down into her neighbor's bathroom, and when he exited the shower to towel himself dry, she shook her head and asked, "what should I do about this?"I told her to buy a shorter step ladder and left.Don

Thanks Don!

Things that I do and have done, while nude, have not been done without some research, either read or verbally. I know California Law, as well, and how it pertains to simple nudity. I've talked to local law enforcement officers, I've talked with every local cop I've worked along side, city police, Highway Patrol and Sheriff. After explaining my personal situations; driving nude, being nude inside my house, being nude in our backyard, ALL of them have said, "if you've taken reasonable precautions not to be seen, we're not going to hassle or cite you. We may, however, talk with those complaining and see if there's a compromise that can be met so we aren't called again." That's reasonable and using common sense. Will we get this type of cop all the time... maybe not but if we don't, we feel strongly enough to lawyer up and meet with the authorities to find common ground that doesn't infringe on our rights as well. We will not purposely impose our nudism to other but we also will not limit our lifestyle to some club or resort.

We've never had an issue with being naked in our home at any time of day or night. When it is time for us to close the blinds because we need to turn on lights in the house and could be seen, the blinds get closed. We've never had an issue with being naked in our backyard because we've spent hundreds, thousands of dollars doing all we can to privatize our backyard so we can be naked. Have we been seen? Yes, but we've never been approached by neighbors nor have the cops ended up at our front door because we're good neighbors. We've done as much as we can and I think the neighbors appreciate that.

This post was edited

Best thing I did was to talk to my nextdoor neighbor , found out they had no problem with it . Now I do not have to seek around in my own yard

This post was edited