RE:Neighbors

The law does vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Here in PA, seeing you naked is all it would take. Neighbors might be understanding, or they might not. Once a report is filed with local law enforcement, it will be investigated.

That sucks

This post was edited

You're welcome Andy. This year would have been a great year to do that nude hike I told you about. I bet the swimming holes are awesome!

Don

This post was edited

Makes me wonder now. ?? I may have been seen. None of my neighbors have said anything and one is a police officer. I have a privacy fence 6' tall but that is mainly because I have 3 Rottweilers. Very friendly.

This post was edited

We only have one neighbor that lives behind us that could possibly see into our house and we know this because we can see into theirs, mostly at night. We started out by closing the blinds but eventually got out of that habit. We've only been in this house for a year and these neighbors have never been very friendly from the beginning. Not mean or anything just haven't introduced themselves. We never blatantly make our nudity known so it isn't a problem. Our neighbor across from us knows to text before she drops in if she doesn't want to see us nude. lol

This post was edited

One of my regrets ... not talking to neighbors. One of those things that you keep telling yourself, "I've gotta go over and do this," but time and opportunities slip away and before you know it, they know it, they've not made an issue of it, so you let it go. It was my intent to speak to the previous owners, the original owners of the house. That didn't happen and as it turned out, probably better that we didn't talk to them. She was a whack job and he was actually quite accepting. She would have called the cops!

We, our current neighbors and my wife and I, have never spoken about our nudism lifestyle. Again it was my intent to speak to them but time slipped away between our schedules and theirs. Because they've seen us naked in our backyard and have seen us numerous times, we've seem to have established an unspoken text code. They will text us to let us know that they are having company over. That is an alert that we should take extra care being naked in our yard with their company visiting. We appreciate the heads up but our yard is actually private enough that we only have to watch out for one window and we're careful about that when those shutters are open.

On their side of the fence, they have a dog that barks quite a bit. It can be annoying but we don't complain because they don't let the dog continue to go on and on for very long. They've had parties go on late into the night and some other very minor annoying things but ... we don't complain, we don't speak to them about it, we figure it's an even trade. You live your lives, let us live ours and I think they feel the same way.

We've not been approached about our nudity. They are still friendly, to an extent but at least they aren't hateful, disrespectful or have called the cops. They've lived there for over 4 years and though they've seen me/us naked plenty of times and I've seen her topless in a upstairs window, accidently, and they still seem to be friendly enough to text us for various things but never really go out of their way to talk to us or anyone on the street for that matter.

This post was edited

It's not odd ... it's probably legal and should be. As nudists, we should be celebrating those cities that are progressive enough to allow it and make it as legal as allowing a man to do the same thing! :-)

This post was edited

It varies significantly depending on which country you are in as well, a lot of posts online in general seem to forget that the 'www.' part of a website address means world wide web

Well on our side of the pond it is far more easy to be nude inside and outside without having to think if someone sees us nude we are doing something wrong.

This post was edited

Our house was the first one in the village quarter. In this time I began my life as a naturist (or nudist). Ten years later the first neighbours built her house. They saw me often naked in our garden or around our house. They accepted it. Their children saw me, when tey were babies. Their was never any problems.

Regards from Switzerland

This post was edited

Isn't it basically a question of having respect for other people? I know that I can be naked anywhere in the house except one room where one set of neighbours will see me by just looking out of their window.If I know next door neighbours on either side are in then I will only go naked in parts of the garden that I know they can't see by just looking out if their windows. I know they would be uncomfortable with it and we get on well and I don't want to spoil that.If I know they are both out then I will go naked anywhere in the garden because I know anyone who sees me must be really trying to see into my garden, so if they don't like what they see tough. UK law centres on intent to distress people by behaviour, not by being naked in itself. So if they can see me naked only because they are hanging out of their windows then good luck proving intent.

If you are in your garden you have the right to be nude and if they see you the legal rights are on your side.

This post was edited

Just go ahead and ask her to join you guys in the hot tub.

This post was edited